This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Bramble - we have 3 very large chest freezers…and they are near enough jam packed now with fruit, veg ,meat/fish and homemade meals.Always filled to bursting at this time of year!
    The meat and fish we tend to buy when on offer to stock up. We’re pretty rural and have been snowed in a few times . We have a back up generator incase the electricity goes down for longer than about 8 hrs.
    I don’t like using petrol ( pollution) to go a long way to buy one thing so I like a decent stock in or I feel uneasy
    Probably over the top, but it’s nice to have the choice, and I love munching my way through our homegrown fruit and veg.We have loads of land so grow more than we can keep up with!
    They are my little corner shop I suppose

Nicos, it sounds like an ideal set up.
    I have an old freezer in our shed and my fridge freezer in the kitchen.
    I would love the space for a chest freezer as I tend to buy fruit and veg when they are reduced to make dishes for the freezer.
    However, as space is limited I have to curtail what I buy.
    I'm not able to grow as much as I used to.
    I used to have the use of my fathers large garden but my son and his wife bought the house and the garden is now grass and flowers
    keep up the good work.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Not really achieved much today its rained all day so nothing done in the garden apart from getting salad stuff from the GH. I've played freezer Jenga hopefully thats made a difference to finding things, even ditched the ice cubes I won't be needing.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It turned out to be a beautiful day here.
        Got two lots of laundry washed and dried.
        My holiday must have restored my energy.
        I pulled out all the presses , hovered the house and did some ironing.
        Well pleased with my day.
        Have a good night all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
          Just sitting here listening to the early morning birds chirping away.

The camper goes in for its MOT later this morning. We’ll probably head off afterwards and go mushrooming again if everything is OK

Freezer Jenga Bren? Great description! That seems to be my main occupation these days

Bramble - bet you slept well last night after all that! Well done.

Bacon Flo? Yum
          I think we’ll be having porridge this morning - with some stewed apple.

Enjoy your day peeps
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy this morning. According to my usual weather forecasters, it's supposed to be bright. Maybe tomorrow's weather (drizzle) is arriving early. Very chilly, mind.

Good luck with the camper's MOT, Nicos. And the mushrooming. Freezer jenga, Bren... I need to do some of that. Not looking forward to it, though. Mind you, not a bad time of year to do it as the temperature in our basement is getting rapidly cooler.

On with the usual show this morning. Though Mr Snoop has got a bit of a different morning, as our friend up the valley (I shall call him M from now on, though he's not in the spy business, as far as I know) is coming to give him a hand with some building work. Very generous at we have done nothing for months seeing as Mr Snoop has got terrible tennis elbow.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• I think I need to hunt out some brand new cotton gardening gloves for my Freezer Jenga

Comment

• Morning

Fingers crossed for the campers MoT Nicos and better luck mushrooming this time.
                Porridge here for breakfast along with some strawberries I found in the freezer, Its surprising what can hide in there.

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning all.

I've had a lie in this morning. It was one of those rare but wonderful mornings when I awoke perfectly relaxed, at the right temperature, with no aches or pains, cuddled up to Mr GF. I could hear the wind and the rain on the window and just happily drifted back to sleep........... Eventually the lure of coffee dragged me out though.

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining. I think I've been prompted to sort out my freezer! Have a good day

Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Late on parade as I had a busy morning.
                      The sun is up, its dry and looks set to be a nice day.

We tidied and prepacked our fridge and freezer the other day, not much space left..Nicos, good luck with the campers MOT.

Porridge here for breakfast with apple and cinnemon. Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good day folks, when I got up this morning it looked a bit damp but clouds cleared away, so decided to get a washing done, and now that it's done and hanging out, the clouds are moving back in it's a true saying, "a mans work is never done" actually got OH outside today she went down some steps the a wee walk before going up the steps into the conservatory, she actually did this twice and I reckon she just needs confidence, I also need to remember that we are all different, as I would be pushing my self to be mobile as soon as possible. One thing that does give me a bit of concern is that her legs are quite swollen, I have been getting her to elivate her legs when in bed but I think she really needs to get moving more, however as I said we are all different, still she made the effort this morning and of course coming through the conservatory she noticed that the floor needs washed, she evedently need to wear my glasses, as I can't see where it need washed now need to go and make lunch, have a good day and smile
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon!
                          the camper passed !!! Yippee, next one is due in 2 years.

No edible mushrooms found, but we’ve had a lovely scramble through the undergrowth!
                          There were signs up warning us to be wary of hunters
                          … even though it’s not a designated hunting day.
                          Talking loudly, yellow vests and stopping just before they return after their lunch break. Safest way.
                          Having a well earned brew… I love this camper.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Rary, it's good to hear Mrs Rary is getting more mobile on her new hip, the need to keep an eye on you is obviously motivating her.

Good news about the campervan, Nicos, shame about not finding any mushrooms, maybe the hunters found them first?

Did a grory hop this morning, and popped into b00ts for multivitamins for my mum. The little tub had one of those 'squeeze and turn' tops, and I'm blowed if I could get it off. And I have fairly strong hands. I even tried wedging it in the door jamb to get more squeeze on it. In the end I got a large heavy flat-head screwdriver and prised it off, and then cut off the bits that you have to manipulate the lid over, so I could open it again easily. Childproof packaging is getting ridiculous. Teach kids not to touch, is that so hard?
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon

Thats good news about your OH Rary xx

MH I’m another who can’t open those squeeze and turn lids Ive even resorted to using mole grips in the past.

That’s scary being amongst the hunters Nicos, but good news about the MoT.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	33c4942e-42a5-4002-a4a9-1f94ba42835f.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	2571185 Click image for larger version

Name:	a517d7d8-b050-44bd-9cd6-64b6710e7414.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	2571184
                                Just had to share these piccies with you - this was in someone’s garden we drove past today!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X