Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all. Not so good actually. I've had maybe two hours sleep. Mr GF has been up all night with diarrhoea and sickness bug which started just after we went to bed. He feels really rough. I just hope: A. It goes away quickly. B. He doesn't give it to me.

I've already been out and got a newspaper and TV mag from the filling station at about 6.30am. I don't actually HAVE to go out for anything else so we'll see how we feel.

Comment

• Morning

Not a good night for either of you GF, fingers crossed he soon gets better without passing it on to you xx
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, it’s been a miserable windy wet night and it’s still
        miserable and wet just now! OH had to go rescue our wheelie bin as it trundled off on to the road.
        Sorry to hear Mr, GF isn’t well, wishing him a speedy recovery. Keeping my fingers crossed you manage to avoid it GF.
        sigpic

Comment

• Good morning blustery wind and rain today, was going to walk up the town but with the weather conditions I might take the car, sorry to read about Mr. GFs health problems gf and do hope you avoid the same
          I can feel the ankle chain going on as I have just noticed OHs to do list🙁 though hope a lot of it's for daughter and daughter in law as they are organising things for the family Christmas dinner which will be in our house, they will get everything ready in their houses and cook it down here, then eat it here, then they will wash up down here and all this time the heating and lighting will be on here, and they moaned about us SKIng for getting the conservatory done, oh I feel ill now at the cost of this
          Just joking it was us who asked them all to come here, it's great to have all the family at the same time, and the girls do attend to everything, though daughter did say to her brother, that them been SKIng again when she saw the conservatory, his reply, it adds more value to the house when we sell it, I don't know where he gets his sense of humour from🤔, I think it's his mother, right need to move have a good safe day and don't spent too much, just keep the thought of me in your mind and that will curtail the spending😊😊😊
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            Yikes gf…let’s hope it’s a 24 hr thing…and you don’t catch it either!??? not good timing xx

The last of the domestics for me today then I’ll do some baking- mince pies and a small sponge for the trifle.

Might make some chocolate medallions - they always go down well. Basically blobs of melted chocolate 4cm in diameter with a selection of toppings pressed into the top whilst still setting…raisins, chopped apricots, nuts,coconut - even chilli mixed into the mixture. I’ve made them with minty aero - bet they’d be nice made with chocolate orange too. …Soooo simple , cheap, pretty and very quick to make and they actually look artisan/ professional. Leave in the fridge to harden then just keep cool.
            Brill gift so long as you can keep the family away from the chocolate bars before you’ve had a chance to use them!
            ( NB- needs to be nice eating chocolate , not cooking chocolate)

Darn…that’s got me drooling now

Enjoy your day peeps whatever you get up to

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All. Wet and windy here. Eldest son visiting this morning, not sure how many of his children will come now they're all grown up. Hope Mr GF gets well soon. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Bright, breezy and dry here.
                Not a lot to be done today so we are taking it easy.
                I will go along later to our local supermarket for a last few items.

Sorry to hear Mr GF is feeling under the weather.
                Hopefully it's a 24 hour virus and doesnt get passed on to you.
                Have a good day all and stay dry.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for Mr GF and for you not catching it, GF.

Those chocolate medallions sound delicious, Nicos. What do you make them on? Sorry if that sounds like an odd question. Do you make them on a metal tin or parchment paper? Are they difficult to lift off?

On the cards for today here: big washing-up and tidying session. And about time too... Didn't find the time yesterday but will make the mincemeat cake today and freeze in readiness for Monday. Must get some bread on the go as well.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Snoop - I dollop them onto a flat biscuit tray covered with silver foil-(I guess parchment would work too) then stick the whole lot into the fridge, or better still for a short while in the freezer until very firm but not frozen.
                    To lift off I just push the foil from below so it bends over my finger to release the edge- then gently peel them off with cold hands!
                    Simples! Start to finish can be 20 mins if you use the freezer…
                    I’ve found some ginger biscuits so have decided to crumble some of those into some of the mixture too.

I’ve got a long sausage roll in the oven and almond pastry chilling for the mince pies….Xmas music playing…and flour all over the recently cleaned kitchen

Just waiting to hear that our son is on the ferry heading this way! Bliss
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Eldest son has been with our daughter in law and two of my grandsons, son in law and two Golden Girls. All sausage and cheese rolls demolished in the blink of an eye. Half a large Victoria sandwich too. The other half will go to the children next door. Nice to have no waste! I'm going to chill for a bit now

Comment

• We’ve been visiting this afternoon taking the last prezzies and cards. Lots of traffic and we drove past full supermarket car parks It’ll probably be the same tomorrow. Glad we’ve finished.

Comment

• Spent an hour or thereabouts in the garden this afternoon.
                          Found my first crocus in bloom, an orange one.
                          Tidying the greenhouse I found ten daffodil bulbs sprouting in a tray so I planted them in a container.
                          My cyclamens from last year are beginning to bloom.
                          It was lovely yo be out in the garden and I took some pics of a beautiful sunset this evening.
                          Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

A dry gusty day here the windsocks already tangled around the pole i'll sort that out later.

Hope MrGF's feeling better and not passed his bug on to you GF.

Only one more sleep then you'll know if you were on the Naughty or Nice list.
                            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 24-12-2023, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning Bren and All. Same weather as you Bren. Pan is on here for breakfast visitors. Have a good day

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright blue now after a very unpromising start to the morning.

Hope everything is OK in the House of GF today. Sounds like most of you had fantastic days yesterday. Wishing you more of the same today.

As for me, got a lot of preparation work to do. Including another mincemeat cake. Yesterday's experiment worked very well, but I Ieft it in the oven too long (should have taken it out the first time I went to inspect it). So just slightly dark around one side. But I wasn't expecting the first one to be a success - too many new variables - so as expected and not unhappy to have one in the freezer for us.

Plenty of other food prep and cleaning to do. First off, yesterday's bread dough to bake.

Have a lovely day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X