This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Chilly night last night, but bright blue this morning. Though still cold. So much for all the rain and snow they were forecasting. There's a promise of rain next week...

M told me yesterday we're in the totality path of the full solar eclipse in 2026. Thought I'd never see one in my life. Better get gardening and hence fitter to make sure I'm still here!

Busy day as per, but going along at a steady pace. Got the day off tomorrow too, so something else - and in the nearer future than the eclipse - to look forward to.

What a lovely treat, Flo. Hope you and Golden Girls have a wonderful time.

Have a great day, everyone.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 11-01-2024, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Mornin n
      A very sunny start today after a stunningly clear view of the stars last night. We’ve had no more snow but everything is white and crunchy under foot.

Flo- that’s my most favourite ballet of all time!( even my OH enjoyed it and he hates ballet!) Not that I’ve been to many tbh but I almost know the music backwards. We had a tape of it in the car ( yes Rary- I AM that old) but it had the story read over it in real time and I’d play it to my children whilst driving them to various activities and long journeys. Such a festive ballet. Very uplifting .
      Is it the English National Ballet performing it?….they used to use a remote controlled rat which used to have the children in hysterics! Enjoy xx

We now have lights outside and inside the cellars - soooo pleased with them….OH has decided to put one inside the car shelter/garage too whilst we have thus guy’s attention…I bet he gets that a lot

On the other hand, the camper electrics have gone funny. Not the engine part- ‘just’ the leisure battery - so that’s urgently needing OH’s attention as we are sleeping over next week in it and we’ll deffo need the lights and heating working. Always something isn’t there!

Snoop - I saw the total eclipse in the uk many years ago. Very spooky in that the birds go silent too. Remember to sort out some specs as they may be harder to find nearer the time…. I decided to do the pinhole method in the run up to the total eclipse.
      Can everyone else remember what they were doing at that time?…I was standing in the garden on the phone to my OH who was standing on the roof of his office block along with all his colleagues. A very memorable event.

Tight…I best shake a leg, I’ve suddenly got ‘stuff to do’ …apparently!

Enjoy your day peeps, keep warm and safe x
      Last edited by Nicos; 11-01-2024, 09:38 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^I didn't see the totality of the last total eclipse but Mr Snoop did. On a P&O ferry in the Bay of Biscay. The captain apparently went round in circles a bit to delay arrival so that passengers would see it in just the right spot at sea. Apparently they did a roaring trade in 'I saw the total eclipse on a P&O ferry' t-shirts.

Comment

• Good morning.
          Cloudy but dry and its 7 degs.
          A visit to the hospital this afternoon for an after opp check up,

Nicos, what a great memory to have of the eclipse.
          I can remember it but not in any particular detail.

Flo, what a lovely treat with your golden girls, have a wonderful time.

Not a lot else happening so have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• It's the International Classic Ballet Company (based in Spain) Nicos. The last one I saw was Matthew Bourne's version and that was 20 years ago!
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Nicos I remember the last one, mostly because the local agricultural show was cancelled incase the animals got distressed especially the bulls.

Enjoy the ballet Flo.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

How did the Nutcracker go Flo?…I was humming along yesterday

We had a warmer night and the snow has started melting- about 50% grass showing in the field. It’s strange walking on frozen gravel- driveway…you notice how spikey it is!

OH has loads of computer work to catch up with today so I’m happy to hunker down too and crack on with my knitting in front of the fire once I’ve caught up with a few chores.

No plans for the weekend as such. No need to go out .
                Anyone up to anything this weekend/ today?

Have a lovely day…
                Last edited by Nicos; 12-01-2024, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Hair cut this morning for me, then a couple of card I want to make, not to sure after that, but something usually pops up though.

Enjoy your day.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Minus 4.6 ºC outside when I had a look at the thermometer outside this morning. Very chilly. Mind you, the smiles enjoyed a good flitter about with the birds. Not much in the way of easy pickings for the birds early on this morning, though, unless olive and seed ice cream is their thing.

On the cards for today, cooking this morning and then a grory hop this afternoon. Sounds like you've got a nice day ahead too, Nicos.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All. The ballet was fabulous and we had a little stroll around the centre of Sheffield afterwards. My how things change! Dull and dreary here again. Making beef burgers for the freezer this morning. Have a good day

Comment

• Good morning.

We had a "first up, best dressed" morning here. Both my oversized hooded fleeces were in the wash so I pinched one of Mr GF's. This might just end up as a permanent change of ownership as I love the colour.

I think I'll make some banana loaves this morning. One for us, one for my brother-in-law and one for a friend who unexpectedly treated us to a couple of really nice pork pies from an award winning butcher's yesterday. I've got 4 ripe bananas which should make 4 small loaves but I'll make 3 medium sized ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Good Morning All. The ballet was fabulous and we had a little stroll around the centre of Sheffield afterwards. My how things change! Dull and dreary here again. Making beef burgers for the freezer this morning. Have a good day
                          Would I recognise anything in Sheffield? I lived there for a while in the 80s.

Comment

• Good morning all,
                            Grory shopping this morning.
                            I might take a trip to the library this afternoon.
                            I need to deliver a gift and a birthday card, my grandaughter will be turning 20 tomorrow.
                            I cant believe it as I used to pick her up from school which seems like yesterday.
                            I may start a jigsaw now that it's too cold for any outdoor activities.
                            Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I’ve got out a new jigsaw bramble.
                              I did start off an Xmas village scene I’d done before but as I was doing the border I had a deja vu of not enjoying it the last time…so as I started to get that feeling again ( weird isn’t it?) I decided to put it away and will donate it to charity.
                              This other one looks much more fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Would I recognise anything in Sheffield? I lived there for a while in the 80s.
                                The Crucible, Lyceum, City Hall and Town Hall are all recognisable GF, but the traffic routes in and around the centre are like a maze to me! The Hole in the Road was filled in years ago and most of the big department stores have been replaced by hotels, bars and restaurants. It's a bit sad really.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X