Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87 collected over time, some the same thing. Don't know how well old seed would germinate
    Northern England.

Comment

• It’s blowing a bit of a hoolie here!!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Were you up extremely late, Jay, or extremely early?

Hope your sock's doing all right, Bren.

I won't tell you the weather forecast for today. It wouldn't be fair or friendly.

Got a huge amount to do today, but making good progress. Helped by the fact that I couldn't sleep so got up early to get some work out of the way. Should be quite a productive week, in fact, as I'll get three or four big projects pretty well completed. What a relief that will be. I've got dough made yesterday for baking today and might even make some buns or biscuits as gifts for the neighbours down the valley. Only might, mind. Depends on whether Mr Snoop keeps playing songs on his phone and distracting me. Won't complain though, as he's made me coffee and lit the range, making him very popular with me and the dogs.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning Snoop and Jay
          If its a loverrrly sunny day send it over pretty please Snoop. Wind is still howling here 'groan'
          Other than walking the dog somewhere that is not littered with trees down, I haven't made a plan yet. Not really the weather for what I would prefer to be doing. Will see what happens and flow along.
          Now there is still some orange cake to eat, help yourselves because it is high time I got back into my healthy eating and stop scoffing cake
          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

It's sunny and dry here, a fair bit of gusty wind. Little wind socks doing fine he was wrapped around the when I checked at 11-sh last night by morning he'd untangled himself.

More crochet practice today I want to get my stitches tidier before attempting a pattern. I've made Aran's and Fairisle jumpers/cardigans but crocheting just seems more complicated unless its just down to practice. I'm sticking with it.

Not tried an orange cake before so thanks CG.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All. Sunny and very windy here too. Glad the sock made it. Have a good day
              Last edited by Florence Fennel; 22-01-2024, 09:18 AM.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all,
                sunny here but the wind has died down.

Bren, like you I knitted arms and fair isle with no bother.
                I still struggle with the crochet.
                Not a lot else to report other than a walk later.
                Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good to hear its not only me Bramble..

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Caaaake?….did someone mention caaaake? Mmmmm….I love orange cake - brill with a big dollop of yogurt too! Thank you xx

All our snow was rained away yesterday and it was 12C when we went to bed…no warmer now and it’s pretty windy , but nothing compared to what I’ve seen on the uk news.
                    No real plans for the day, but CG has prompted me to check out my seed collection too.

Enjoy your crocheting Bren- what are you planning on making?
                    One thing I’ve struggled with are ribbing like with cuffs or hats in that knitted ones seem to have a better stretch/ grip

I finished the second knitted hat last night and I’m fancying starting another one!
                    Its made me realise though that I don’t actually like wearing hats as such - I much prefer hoods and wrap around scarves!

I spotted the smiles rather scantily clad earlier- clearly setting off from sunnier climes…they’re going to wish they’d listened to you Snoop about packing their thermals and Sou’westers No doubt Rary will have some lovely hot chocolate ready for their arrival!

Enjoy your day peeps- keep warm and dry and pass on a smile!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I crochet too, not progressed far though. Cushions, blanket and animals so far
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Nicos up to yet I’m just practicing stitches, I’ve bought 7 crochet mags 30 pence each from the charity shop. So my to make list is growing.

Comment

• There are loads of freebies online too Bren. Also I sometimes watch YouTube videos explaining different stitches. I’m not very adventurous tbh but there are a few patterns and unusual stitches which catch my eye ….

Comment

• Evening all.

I've not crocheted since my schooldays. Then, there was a little group of us who would crochet at every free moment between lessons, and sometimes during lessons under the desks - economics was a favourite one because you only needed to listen with half an ear.

We were in the back corner of the classroom so if a teacher approached it was easy to drop the work into the big paper tote bags we used for carting all our books about. Shawls were the in-thing to make, being the hippie years, so we made long triangular shawls as gifts for relatives, and square baby shawls for new-borns.

My mum still has one I made back then, carefully wrapped in tissue paper and put away. I think she wore it twice.
                            Last edited by mothhawk; 22-01-2024, 06:41 PM.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• I use YouTube too Nicos.
                              I get confused when some do things differently though and English doing American throws me.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                                Rubbish night’s sleep
                                Its almost a full moon so I don’t know if that’s relevant…

CG- I know what you mean about UK and American definitions. The hat I’ve just knitted turned out to be American and I was already converting the instructions from a circular needle
                                All I can say is that it looks like a hat but not the same as the one in the picture!
                                I’m most impressed that you’ve crocheted animals CG !

We’re off out in the camper again this afternoon. I’m tempted to do a spot of weeding of the gravel driveway before we go if it stays
                                dry - it’s amazing that after all that freezing weather that there are hundreds of germinating maple seeds. At least they are easy to tug out at the moment!

I meant to post a piccie of a tree we visited last week. It’s supposed to be a 1,200 year old oak . It’s hollow and supported internally and externally with scaffolding and there are two small chapels inside …with an external staircase to access the upper one!
                                And it’s been shingled with wooden ‘tiles’ to protect it where the bark is missing.
                                Most unusual!
                                Heres a link to the tree…
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chêne_chapelle

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X