X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay hopefully this new treatment will make all the difference xx
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sorry for that guys, feeling better about it all this morning. Just needed a rant and at that time of the morning you are unfortunately it!
      Thanks for listening and caring x
      sigpic

Comment

• Sorry to read your news, Jay. Been a long time now, what with all the viruses and everything in the middle. Hope the new treatment brings an improvement. Big hug. Thinking of you. xx

Comment

• Jay if its helping you to cope rant/chat when every you need to xx

Comment

• Good Morning All. We're all with you Jay and will be rooting for you next week x
            Sunny here but the wind is building up again. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Darn Jay….you’ve kept up a fighting spirit from the beginning - you’re more than allowed to have a bit of a wobble…as you know, we’re all here for you, so wobble away to your heart’s content as and when. As the others say…let’s hope this is the treatment which sorts it out xxxxx

I’m off out for a grory hop soon- just some fresh veg and bananas.
              One of our freezers is choc full with garden fruit, so there’s no point in buying any other fresh fruit. Don’t know why but I think bananas are one of my most favourite fruit. Mangoes, and pineapple being amongst the others. Thinking about that, those are ones I can’t grow so it’s probably because I’ve never faced a glut of them!
              I’d add rasps and blueberries to that list as we never have a glut of those- probably because they almost never make it to the kitchen!
              What’s everyone else’s favourite fruit?

I best get a wiggle on….enjoy your day peeps!
              Last edited by Nicos; 26-01-2024, 10:13 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Raspberries Nicos, without a doubt
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• If they are really ripe it would be peaches and nectarines for me, preferably with clotted cream (childhood memory). Also figs, custard apples, oranges, raspberries and strawberries.

Comment

• Hmm faves are apples, pineapple, mango, strawberries, oranges, grapes, pretty much any tbh and i have never grown any of them other than some pathetic strawberries
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Raspberries. No question, no second thoughts. Lidl has started selling frozen ones. Might have to buy a load before the weather warms up so much I can't get them home before they thaw. Anyway, you saying 'choc full', Nicos, makes me think you're subconsciously thinking about buying choc ices.

Anyway, afternoon all.

Late on parade as I had to get some work out the way first. And then some more organising with Mr Snoop. Still not finished, but might get my bit of it completed over the weekend. Certainly hope so. The dogs were miffed at things being moved around, but now they're very happy as there's more room for them to loll about in. So all good, I reckon. Frankie has no idea things have been moved around. He's back to being an outdoors cat, and back to his biting ways too, which is disappointing.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Store bought fruit faves are bananas and mangos. I like peaches but you have to wait almost a week for them to ripen, so I usually buy those in tins as a standby.
                        Favourite Garden fruit this time of year it’s either frozen, dehydrated or as jams.
                        We have Apples, raspberries, blackberries, rhubarb and strawberries so plenty to pick from for my morning oatmeal.

Comment

• Jay, so ver sorry to hear you are having a rough time.
                          The time of year doesnt help, January seems to have gone on for ever.
                          Praying that the new treatment will make a difference for you. đź’•

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening all
                            It turned to be a lovely sunny, but cold day.
                            Had a lovely to visit to my grandsons school today.
                            We were invited to "grandparents day"
                            We had a tour of the school, saw his schoolroom, met his friends and his teacher.
                            Its lovely when you can put faces to the names you hear.
                            Tea and biscuits to round it up.

Spent the 3vening making soup.
                            Also got a line of laundry out and dry.
                            Feel I deserve a glass of red later with my dinner.
                            Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning
                              What a lovely day bramble, school visit and tea with biscuits. Win win.
                              Seems windy again today, was very windy yesterday, the washing was hanging on that line, just.
                              I had a look at the area I intend to grow. Its currently grass, so do I dig out the sods or do I smother the grass for now to kill the grass. I will need to build up the soil layer over the clay but I will dig the clay a bit first. I have been trying to find posts about it.
                              Anyhooooo I hope to order more seeds today. Weather looks grey just for a change.

Kettle has boiled.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Super heavy frost this morning, so much so I thought it had snowed!
                                Fresh water and food already put out for the wild birds…I’m on a roll this morning

Is there enough tea in the pot for me too CG?…I could just do with another brew please x

Bramble- what a lovely idea of having a grandparents day!….is this a new thing in most schools or is that school particularly forward thinking?

I’m not sure what I’ll get up to today. Yesterday I called in at a type of charity shop , not been in for ages and nothing really appealed ( looking for things for my granddaughter) but passing by the till I noticed there was a tall jar full of knitting needles so I had a look and found a selection of metal crochet hooks in sizes I didn’t think I had…4 for 1€. …No brainer eh?…So I’m itching to try them out.One in particular caught my eye, it’s apparently a Tunisian Crochet hook. Basically a longer crochet hook with a stop at the end like a knitting needle.

Snoop - it’s interesting hearing about different Lidls…our local one has always sold frozen raspberries. When we were in Sweden a few years back , we popped into one and the selection of things was mostly the same but with some very different additions. Mostly noticeable in the bread area. Also no wines!…apparently any alcohol over a certain percentage can’t be sold in general shops, so even the beer was lower alcohol. Not a bad thing methinks.

So…breakfast…porridge followed by toast and jam anyone?

Have a great day peeps…I’m pretty sure I saw a flash of colour a few minutes ago in the shy….must be the smiles wearing their colourful scarves, hats and mittens…

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X