This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all,
    Damp start to the day but it's a mild 11 degs.
    A trip to the hairdressers on the cards for this morning...

No thanks to the coffee Snoop, it just doesnt agree with me.

Flo, enjoy your day with Frank, dogs are such good company.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

I have actually been into the city centre this morning to a solicitor's. I did randomly google one with good reviews, but just as important one with disabled parking very close by and good disabled access as at some point I'll probably have to take my brother in law in as he will be the person who inherits his sister's money.

We've just got home and had belated elevenses.

It's a very mild 15°C right now with thick cloud. Yet again rain is imminent. Today is the first time this year that Mr GF hasn't moaned about the cold weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

I was once. In fact, I was in my thirties for a whole ten years.
        I still am, though must admit it's the late thirties
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon, just home from the coffee morning and having a wee bite, it has been raining all morning here and doesn't look like stopping soon, so not sure what I will do for the rest of the day, might go out to the greenhouse and get some seeds sown have a good day and keep safe and smiling
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Your hair looks nice Bramble
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• No gardening today after all.
              I decided to actually crochet something instead of just doing squares or practice stitches. Picked a string type bag made with cotton yarn I’ll post a photo when it’s finished.
              It’s been warm here today I didn’t wear gloves when I nipped out to buy yarn can’t remember the last time that happened.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Alot of rain here today though not cold. I had some work to do then did some more of the crochet squares and my little felt creation.
                Northern England.

Comment

• CG I’d like to make a granny square blanket eventually, they’re rather pretty. I did a few squares in different yarns and hooks to get the hang of tension and neatness.
                  It still seems harder than knitting though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                    Your hair looks nice Bramble
                    Thank you Flo, it badly needed cutting. I feel more normal again.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening all.
                      It was a mild afternoon so I spent a bit of time pulling weeds and tidying around in the greenhouse.
                      Got the seed trays and flowerpots washed and ready for when they're needed.

A magnificent sunset this evening, the sky looked on fire.
                      The evenings are definitely getting longer, it was bright up until six o'clock.
                      Have a good night all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Bren In Pots i tried to stick to the same yarn at first as dfferent yarns/wool do change that. Im doing squares im donating in acrylic hobbycraft wi with the odd other acrylic thrown in thats similar. For animals i use merino alpaca wool mixes. Ive found clover ergonomic best for me as ive arthritis in my thumb joints. Mum is a tighter crocheter, maybe from being a knitter. I don't knit other than a scarf.
                        i have used youtube alot, someone like bella coco.
                        Last edited by Containergardener; 15-02-2024, 08:22 PM.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning
                          Very foggy here at the moment. Today is a trip for food shopping, such excitement.
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Hair cut this morning followed by calling in at the library.

CG I bought some hooks similar to those they're comfy compared to that steel hook I bought back in the '70s, for wool I'd got a bag of mixed leftovers from knitting projects I'd made over the years, they were handy to practice stitches. I've bookmarked bella coco thanks.

Comment

• Good morning all.

I am so happy and full of energy this morning because I slept well. Although it's only 7°C and very overcast the sun has actually found a tiny gap in the clouds to shine through.

I need to go and pick up our prescriptions later. I think I'll call and see an old friend as well. I might even call in at the big Sainsburys if it's not too busy.

Comment

• Good morning, a wet start to the day and forecast is for it to be cloudy all day, I need to take my hearing aid in for repair as the thing is making life difficult as I can't hear what OH is saying, and you never know she might offer me something and I don't hear her, though the chance of her offering me a fiver is slim😕 I will try and get some cardboard down onto the back plot if its dry later, son has just came in and daughter is just of the phone, so a change of plans, daughter is getting her boiler sorted so needs someone to let them in and son need something moved and it won't fit into his car so he has asked me for assistance with it, oh the advantages of being retired 🙄enjoy your day and smile if you don't you might cry

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X