X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all
    Bit late coming on today. Another rubbish night’s sleep

Sorry to hear about your back Jay - did you come out in sympathy for me?…. Mine’s fine again this morning and I was all prepared to have another go at the patio this morning as there hadn’t been a frost…but then it started raining heavily
    No idea when my poor lawn will get cut at this rate- some of it is 20 cm high! Might need to borrow some sheep although I think they prefer shorter grass?

Nothing in particular planned for today - but there’s always something!
    Tomorrow is a trip up to near the coast to the major DIY store. We need new lights in the shower of one of the gites. They’ve been flickering for a while and tripped the house - turns out that there’s been a rat ( poo evidence) in the ceiling cavity and it’s chewed all the plastic insulation off the wiring …only the parts between the lights and the transformer though. Who would have guessed?
    So we’re going to get ones which don’t need a transformer this time as they clearly prefer the 12 volt cabling to eat
    Seeing as it’s only 5 mins from IKEA, I guess we’ll be nipping in there too

Enjoy your day peeps. Hope your talk goes will Rary. I bet you are a delight to listen to!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Your hair looks nice Flo.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Nicos, Aaaarrrrggghhhhh! Rats are completely beyond my ...... anything......ever.😩😫😖😱😳 (silent scream). I would be wanting to put millions of volts through the wiring and electrify the lot of them .... yesterday. (Yes, I am utterly phobic). There are a few things in life that have no rhyme or reason.

Having now calmed down a bit I must say today felt quite Springlike for the first time this year.🙂 Warm with a gentle breeze, although as soon as the clouds gathered the cold intensified again🙁.

Comment

• GF it was nice here too, even gardening in long sleeve tshirt until 4pm.
          Was cool walking the dog tonight though, back into coat, hat and gloves.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Good evening all.

A beautiful day here with the trmp reaching 21 degs.
            Lots of walking done and now a bit footsore.
            Have a good night sll.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• evenin all Click image for larger version

Name:	Dix.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	2576084

Lovely day here today took his nibs for two walks. There were loads of frogs mating in the pond just up from where I live - Methinks its going to be a good year for frogs spawn.

Mrs G has a date for her Gall bladder removal now ... just over a week so she's looking forward to having the Christmas Pudding we couldn't have at christmas (I had to eat an entire chrimbo cake ... took till the end of January )

So tomorow its a quick dash to the local Hospital for her blood tests then rest ... don'tknow what she's going to do

ntg
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

• Send our best wishes to yr Mrs NTG - hope everything goes well and she bounces back quickly x

Comment

• Morning

Good luck for the OH's op Nick.

Very grey today, I still plan to get outside. Lots of digging yesterday, I may get some improving materials onto my beds and some feeding of things in the garden, tackling roses and the like.
                  Enjoy what you decide today.

Another Brew??
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

More good wishes here for your OH, Nick.

Ah, Dixon of Dock Green - I never missed an episode when I was a nipper, once I was old enough to watch it.

Dentist today for a check-up, then call in at the pharmacy on the way home to pick up the rest of the prescription they didn't have yesterday. Apparently they were out of stock "because the computer always orders from a particular firm, who never have any stock in". Duh. Why not set it up to order from suppliers who can actually supply?

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

We have sunshine! A rather lovely surprise after yesterday’s heavy hailstones.
                      We’re off to the DIY megastore today near the coast. If time, I’d like to head off to the large garden centre not far from there as I’m wanting a couple of max/ min thermometers for my birthday pressie ( next week) OH is having his op on that day so I’d like to celebrate beforehand.
                      I was considering buying them online but then remembered the last time I bought one from a garden centre each one was offering slightly different temperatures! I ended up buying one with a reading in the middle of the ranger - but who knows which one was actually accurate! I like the coloured liquid ones rather than digital even though I’m sure they probably aren’t as accurate

So, what’s everyone else up to today?
                      I too loved Dixon of Dock Green, I guess it’s of the same era as Dr Finlay’s Casebook? Which I also loved. Happy memories

Enjoy your day peeps, good luck with the dentist MH…we too are collecting our prescriptions today. Once a month…where do the weeks go?

Comment

• Morning

I just looked up Dixon of Dock Green was surprised to see it ran for just over 20 years.

All the best for Mrs G's Gall bladder opp, hope she has a speedy recovery. I had mine out 12 years ago it was relief being able to eat more than rice and steamed fish.

Enjoy your outing Nicos and MH hopefully it'll be a quick check up then back in 6 months.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning there was some rain overnight but brightening up now,just had a phonecall from daughter telling me grandson is off work as he has a broken tooth and needs to see a dentist, she has just stated a new job his dad is working on a new project so unable to get time off, so guess who needs to try and get him a dentist, and take him there if we get a dentist ,his mother has been trying to arrange a dental appointment for the boys for the past few months without success, the dental care here is an absolute disgrace and to rop it all he has a phobia about needles which will be a bit of a problem. Need to go and start looking up phone numbers for dentists, have a good day and smile

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

Chilly again last night and a hard frost this morning. Minus 6 down in the fields. The birds are still roosting next to the kitchen and in the garage. They know winter has still got a while to go, though it's lovely and sunny out at the moment.

Hope the hospital and dental visits go OK. Sounds like you've got a nice day ahead of you, Nicos. Have some fun for me too while you're at it. I'm on a nose to the grindstone day today...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good luck Rary.
                              Dental appts here in France are utterly appalling - far worse than I’d ever experienced in the uk.
                              Our next door neighbour was in agony with toothache for over a week and no one could fit him in. No idea why he didn’t go to A&E but he ended up pulling it out himself ( *faints at the very thought)

Actually, dental care here really is utterly appalling .
                              When we arrived here we had to have an MOT for our health insurance.
                              OH went in first and the dentist was beside himself with joy with the quality of the couple of crowns and state of his teeth. “Wait until you see my wife’s teeth then “ was his response.
                              Same number of crowns but I had my fillings replaced with white ones many years ago when the amalgam ones needed replacing.
                              The guy was almost in shock when he peeped inside, and he just kept nodding and grinning like he’d just spotted Santa.
                              Nothing special tbh but it does make you wonder what the vast majority of rural people’s teeth here must be like.

Those 1960’s TV public announcements about cleaning your teeth, shutting gates in the countryside, looking both ways before crossing the road must have had a big impact on our generation.
                              Funnily enough I was teaching my 3 yr old granddaughter the song “ up and down, up and down, till they’re clean and sparkly “ whilst cleaning her teeth. Think that was a crocodile in the advert?

Comment

• Morning, you can catch Dixon of Dock Green on Talking Pictures TV.
                                Thinking of Mrs. G Nick, all the very best for her op!
                                Talking about teeth. Mine are in a terrible state, I try not to smile as they are so bad and that’s me going for check ups when called.
                                Treatment day today so another afternoon spent at the hospital. Don’t think all these treatments help my teeth either!
                                Anyhoo, hope you all have a lovely day. Enjoy your holiday bramble, could do with some of that warm weather here. x
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X