Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^I bought a Crock Pot brand slow cooker on special offer. Most of the customer reviews were very positive, though there were some negative ones. But it scored well in reviews of best slow cookers that I found online. Looks like I was lucky because the special offer has already ended. And without that offer, it looks quite pricey in comparison with others.

I found it very hard to choose. Size seems to be the main factor, though, and whether it's digital or manual. Some people like oval crock pots in a large size as then they can cook joints or whole chickens. The one I bought is 4.7 litres, so of middling size. I'm expecting it to do the two of us for two meals, possibly a bit more. There are some inexpensive models for one or two people.

People here might be able to recommend one that might suit you too, as they seem to be very popular with Grapes. Maybe start a new topic here? https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ecommendations

For other recommendations, there are lots of "best slow cooker" type articles online. The other thing you could do is look on Amazon for the size you're interested in and then sort the results by average customer rating. You don't necessarily have to buy there, but it might give you an idea as to what brand and/or model to get.

As for the oven you mention, our friend up the valley has one of these in his flat in the UK and he absolutely loves it.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 07-03-2024, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Useful info, Snoop, thanks
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Wide awake so just popping in to say hi to any other insomniacs!
        sigpic

Comment

• Morning
          oh dear Jay, I was awake just after. If you are still awake I will get the kettle on.

Grey and a bit breezy today. Need to go shopping so unless I sow seeds later I don't think anything will be achieved outside.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

So, when I went to bed very late last night, the forecast for today was 100% probability of rain and storms all day. But it's blue sunshine at the moment and not a cloud in the sky. I shan't be making the most of it though, as it's another head down and no distractions day today. I didn't do very well yesterday... Must try harder today.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

A dull day here no rain though so that's good.
              Hope you got back to sleep Jay xx have a good weekend with your son.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, sorry I missed you CG, worst nights sleep in ages. No idea why. Thanks Bren, looking forward to seeing him.
                Well it’s damp and windy here, maybe our weather got mixed up with yours Snoop?!!
                Anyhoo better get on before the visitor arrives…well after I have a wee 10 minute Power Nap!
                sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

It's a damp and chilly 6°C here. I hope you sleep better tonight, Jay. Laying in bed unable to sleep is awful. My problem this morning was not wanting to open my eyes and get up. I was just so comfortable and had had some weird dreams.

My thoughts on slow cookers ..... mine is one where you can put the pot (aluminium) on the ring to sear things first and to thicken things at the end. I know that you can't do this with some of the slow cookers that have pottery inserts. That must mean more washing up and a chance to break a pottery dish. If I ever need another I'd go for an aluminium one again.

Comment

• Good Morning All That sounds very practical GF, much less washing up. I'm a firm advocate for the air fryer, it's so good! Cloudy here so far. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                      Bit late on the scene again!
                      Sorry to have missed you at stupido’clock Jay - I’m usually about

We have another warmish day , not as sunny as yesterday but I’m heading off into the garden in a moment. OH actually managed to cut the grass down to about 8” yesterday , hopefully if it stays dry we’ll get another cut in before next week.

No particular plans for me this weekend apart from having a friend over for a curry on Sunday. Apart from that, I’m hoping to spend as much time as possible in the garden, weather permitting!

Enjoy your day peeps
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening it's been a cold day here today, we headed to a GC for coffee and scones then round to the Range as OH was wanting to check what their pizza trays were like while there picked up some onion sets, which are now planted, along with a bramble plant, which will get hardened off before planting, nee to move myself as heading out for a meeting, enjoy your evening and find something to smile about
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• My turn to be an insomniac tonight...or should I say this morning. Weird dreams would definitely be preferable to tossing and turning for hours.

Comment

• Morning
                            Oh no GF its rubbish when sleep is like that, I never sleep well but today I didn't want to get up. Seem to be in a real tired phase again. Will push on through and "keep smiling" as my dad would say.
                            It's a bitter wind again and i've no idea where the sun has got itself lost, anyone found it?
                            Cold dog walk and cold gardening ahead for me.

Cuppa tea first, anyone else?
                            Northern England.

Comment

• The heating is on so I think I'm going to get up and make coffee now.

Comment

• Morning

Toasted tea cakes for breakfast I've of gone of bacon I just don't fancy it anymore.

Its drizzling here so hopefully that won't turn to rain later.

Enjoy your weekend.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X