This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all and Happy Birthday GF

I've sprinkled more of the new cat deterrent stuff on the lawn today. It's been a fortnight since I used it, and it's rained several times, but I've had no cat surprises at all. I thought it was about time to reinforce the scent though. I shall be buying more, it really seems to work. Happy dance! I also had some eucalyptus leaves in a bouquet, so instead of throwing them out with the dead flowers, I chopped them up and scattered them too.

Bright and sunny so the washing machine is on the go. The next to be put to work is the breadmaker, I need a loaf and some wholemeal rolls. But first another cuppa, plenty in the pot for late stirrers
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Many happies from me too gf x

Clocks!….yup - thanks for the reminder CG

Tis looking dull outside and maybe about to rain. No set plans here.
      We ended not going out yesterday after all, but there’s a vide grenier tomorrow I’m going to go to- on my own or otherwise! Very brave of you Snoop leaving your OH to rummage around on his own….I know I need someone looking over my shoulder when it comes to picking up too many bargains
      Whatever you get up to - enjoy your day peeps!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all and thank you for your kind wishes.

Fortunately my brother in law is just a bit bruised and sore. His main problem was that he was carrying a cup of tea at the time which went everywhere but he couldn't see where and so he was frightened to turn anything electrical on.

I made myself a sponge (birthday) cake yesterday afternoon. I'll take him a big piece later. I remember one year someone bought me a M&S Caterpillar cake and it was far too sickly.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny start. Apparently my security token is invalid? Oh dear! Hope you have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Seems to be ok now so Happy Birthday GF

Comment

• Good morning dull but dry just now, was up the town for some messages earlier and though no wind it felt a bit colder than the 10° indicated have spent some time in the greenhouse potting on some tomatoes where the temperature shows 21 so nice to work in, now having a quick cuppa than will get back out. Enjoy your day hope the weather is good for you and keep smiling
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon

Lovely and sunny in the garden planting up buckets of lettuce I even took my jumper off.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Me too Bren, the sun was quite warm so a bit of weeding in my containers and I've cleaned the bird bath

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    Afternoon

I even took my jumper off.
                    Steady on there Bren!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good for you Bren..

Goodnight all.
                      I can only say we had a dreadful day weatherwise,
                      The rain and wind never let up the whole day.
                      It's all over now and it's a lovely balmy night.

Dont forget...clocks going forward.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Set my alarm clock for the usual time. Fortunately, it's still reasonably light. Getting up in the dark again would be a bit miserable.

All quiet on the southern front today, I think. Head down at the computer for me, Mr Snoop possibly doing a bit more work to make his laminated beams. Weather permitting. Dry at the moment, but light drizzle all morning forecast.

I've just made tea for anyone as wants it, so help yourselves.

Hope you had a nice day yesterday, GF. Glad to hear your brother-in-law isn't too badly hurt. A fall like that is a knock to one's self-confidence too. Hope he recovers that quickly as well.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning
                          Lovely day again though with frost, so I shall make the most of it and grab a tea thanks Snoop.
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

A misty start to the day but no rain forecast, I don't think i'll be taking of my jumper today though.

I'm munching on toasted brioche with Raspberry jam so another mug of tea would be perfect.

Enjoy your Sunday

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.

Still cold, 4°C and a bit murky here, but the sun is supposed to show it's face later.

Quite a nice, peaceful birthday. I got a visit from my other sister, my niece and her two little boys. One little boy slept though and the other, 2 months old cried, nearly all the time. I'm not really a fan of babies. They're much more interesting when they get to about age 3 and want to explore and learn and "help". Somewhere I 've a photo of another niece at about that age helping to did up a root of new potatoes.

Mr GF got up when I did but then wondered why we were up at 7am. I changed the three (non smart) clocks then.

I'm pretty sure the magpies have got a clutch of eggs in their nest as one of them is spending most of it's time in there.

I think I'll be changing our duvet to the summer weight one this week as I've been too warm the last few nights which is why I think I haven't slept very well and kept waking up. Although the nights have been cold outdoors it is warm indoors.

I'll take a big chunk of birthday cake round for my brother in law later. A small piece is already in the freezer ready for next time I make a trifle and need sponge.

Last edited by greenishfing; 31-03-2024, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Happy Easter it's dull here and chilly. Pan's on today for bacon. Have a lovely Sunday
                                Last edited by Florence Fennel; 31-03-2024, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X