Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad you are less achy today gf - having just been swimming for the first time in 4 years ,I guess I’ll be their custodian tomorrow

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Tumble salad featuring avacado, sardines and egg
      Cake and lemon cud for pud
      CG I would bet that on reading GFs post about he tumble Nicos subconsciously thought this was the forum fora tumble salad😁
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon not been at my best today had quite a bad night with a bit of a cough, and OH not feeling well either, so got up at seven to let her sleep, plus it was warmer as I put my clothes on, the bed gets quite cold when yo get the covers pulled off you through the night, I woke her up twice to get some covers back😮‍💨 then she moaned about being disturbed anyway I got up and she slept on till twelve, she's feeling a bit better now though still with a cough. Reading GFs post from yesterday should remind all you older grapes to be careful when walking off road, a thing I myself will have to do when I get old, now going to get things ready for the garden club tonight, so have a good evening and stay safe if out
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          Good Morning All Grey here. Haircut later. Have a good day
          Your hair looks nice Flo.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
            ...the bed gets quite cold when you get the covers pulled off you through the night, I woke her up twice to get some covers back...
            Pleasant dreams,
            Sweet repose;
            Half the bed
            And all the clothes!

But here's a solution to your problem, Rary....

Click image for larger version

Name:	duvet war.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	2577234

Last edited by mothhawk; 02-04-2024, 08:37 PM.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning
              Windy in the night and more rain for the day. Looking at the forecast it's a windy wet week .
              No escaping working today so best get out walking first.
              Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all. Edited to add, morning CG.

Hope you had a good night's sleep, rary, and that you're feeling better this morning.

Hope you've woken up without too many aches and pains, Nicos.

Like the cartoon, mothhawk. Our quilt always ends up on Mr Snoop's side. Very often, I end up having to wrap the edge of the quilt around my arm to weigh it down. Mind you, he has to put up with my snoring. I had some very odd dreams last night. In one I was a still alive roast chicken about to be eaten. Very peculiar and not at all nice. Perhaps I should become a vegetarian after all. Trouble is I do rather like roast chicken.

Anyway, what's the weather today, Jim? Well, bright for the most part. So I'll get a bit of work out the way and then persuade Mr Snoop we're going to make an aubergine and chickpea curry in the slow cooker this morning.

Have a great day, everyone.
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 03-04-2024, 06:04 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Wet and windy here today so no gardening here.

Great picture MH

Mr Pots always ends up with the most of the quilt, apparently its because our road is on a slope

Snoop I've not tried an aubergine and chickpea curry but I've made this potato and chick pea on a few times.

https://somethingsweetsomethingsavou...-potato-curry/

Comment

• ^That looks good, Bren. Thanks.
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 03-04-2024, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzling and gloomy. I've been having some trouble with noisy next door neighbours, but I seem to have solved it and not a peep last night! Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
                        The sun is finally breaking through, so I’m up for a short cycle ride today. Woke up with minimal muscle aches- mostly my abdominals - so let’s hope that’s the first sign of it shrinking!
                        I noticed that cycling gets my heart beating fast whereas the swimming doesn’t - so two types of exercise . Plus gardening. I’m on a roll here!

Your OH’s theory Bren is wrong - sorry . I’m on the downhill side of the bed but the duvet always ends up on the uphill side.
                        THEN he says the bedroom is too warm!…funny that cos it’s cold on my side. Following Bren’s OHs logic, it must be know fact that cold air drops and warm air rises thingy but related to the hillside?

Glad your neighbours were quiet Flo. It’s a horrible position to be fretting about the noise for days/ weeks on end then feel you need to confront them. Like you feel guilty for bringing it up?
                        Lets hope they hadn’t realised and things stay quieter for you x

Last night our bedroom clock ( electric) reset itself an hour forward. It’s done that a few times now at random times during the year. ( it doesn’t alter with the hour change dates though) . Keep thinking we should change it. Don’t really need one anymore as our phones have alarms. I guess it’s main use us to glance at it when we nip to the loo or Hibou starts jumping around in the night.

Enjoy your day peeps
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• That's very intuitive of you Nicos. I really did feel guilty as there are 4 children and a single mother who speaks no English - very awkward! I didn't want them to regard me as the witch next door.It doesn't bother me during the day, but a herd of elephants late evening ....
                          Sounds like you're getting fit!
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            ...THEN he says the bedroom is too warm!…funny that cos it’s cold on my side. Following Bren’s OHs logic, it must be know fact that cold air drops and warm air rises thingy but related to the hillside?
                            A similar thing - when explaining day length to new first year students, my old geography teacher used to kid them that in Summer, the days were long because it was warm, and in Winter the days were short because it was cold.😅

Can you believe I've only just found a shortcut on the keyboard to emojis? How did I not know this for so long?
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• With my kind of luck MH, If I did that OH would change sides and I would still end up with no covers. Good day dull and raining here I think it's been like that most of the day, not sure as I have been in bed today till one and still feeling lousy, have a cough that's wracking my body and everytime I try to sleep I go into a fit of coughing, OHs a bit worried as all I have had is a slice of toast, which to her means I am ill I think it will be an early night for me with a whisky toddy, which of course I would forego if OH wants to comfort me, well I could take it later as it will help me sleep, oh and I have tested for covid just as a precaution and there's no problem, have a good evening and be happy

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                Last night our bedroom clock ( electric) reset itself an hour forward. It’s done that a few times now at random times during the year. ( it doesn’t alter with the hour change dates though)
                                One of the LED’s had gone faulty on our bedroom clock so 5 and 6 both look the same I try to guess when it flicks over will it be 7am or stay at 5.

Hope you feel better tomorrow rary.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X