Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Thanks for all the well wishes again.

That was more rain than we've had in the last ten months put together. Around 10 cm or so. A bit of hail here, but ankle deep in some nearby villages. So we got off lightly in that respect. Can't get to see the well, as the ground is too soft, but feeling a lot more positive about being able to keep a decent veg patch now. Minor damage here, a couple of stones (two tonnes apiece, according to the guy who moved them into place for us) have shifted, so we need to think of a longer-term solution for that. But what a relief. It was starting to feel really grim here, all the shrubs all brown and dead or dying. Be interesting to see what happens now. Maybe we'll get a late showing of spring flowers. Threatening clouds out there now, but no rain forecast.

Not surprised there's been no sign of the smiles yet, Nicos. They've been doing the rounds with me, looking at the state of the land. They're also calling for a new set of sou'westers, but they haven't worn out the last ones yet. Apparently, they fancy a new colour... Fingers crossed they don't go crumpling up the current ones to wear them out deliberately. It wasn't easy finding the first lot.

Right, on with the show. Whatever that is today. I'm a work free zone and have been since I left for the UK, now four weeks ago.

Have a great day, everyone.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 20-05-2024, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Trial run for retirement Snoop!
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• My thought exactly, Flo.

Comment

• You do make me chuckle Snoop …but still, so relieved for you about the rain- it’s hard hearing about someone struggling like that without being able to help in any way.
          Can you mulch with straw or something to try and trap that moisture? Maybe turnover some soil to trap it beneath the surface? You’ll know best what will work for you.

Well..we had a bit of a surprise this morning…turns out it’s a bank holiday! So- all shops are shut and the guy helping us with the heavy work has only just realised too so won’t be coming Oh well….no problem, it’ll just delay my planting out of the new border for a week so they won’t be as established before we head off to the uk for a couple of weeks.
          Wont stop me hunting out the plants though!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon, just back from a long relaxing sunny warm weekend in…Derbyshire visiting our son. Couldn’t believe the weather, no jacket required.

Glad to hear you had rain Snoop, hope it does all your plants the power of good.

its been a dull day here so far Promise of some sun this afternoon but so far it’s a no show!

Anyhoo hope you are all having a lovely day whatever you’re up too. x
            sigpic

Comment

• Evening

I’ve spent the day between the garden and house so a good day in all.

Thats a decent amount of rain Snoop

Jay it’s been shorts and t-shirt weather here since Friday I could get used to this.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, turned out,a nice warm day again, though didn't get much done in the garden between running after grandsons, sawing some wood for my garage roof, though I did get the grass cut, I also have a rose in flower, never ever had one flowering in May before, I also got a letter from the local medical practice asking me to come for my annual MOT, this is billed as my annual medical, in all my years , and no I am not telling you how many years this is the first time I have been asked to come for a medical, I wonder if they think I am of an age when they need to check things out, I take it all you girls get checked regularly, right off to see what Chelsea is like this year, so I what you all a goodnight and remember to pass on the smiles tomorrow
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning
                  I had a letter couple of months ago for one Rary, last one must have been 10years ago. I didn't go though.
                  My mum has one yearly.

We have blue sky and sunshine at the moment but a load of cloud due, intend intendin the garden as tomorrow looks a wet day.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

More thunderstorms here yesterday evening/ night.
                    I like the idea of yearly MOTs ! Always better to nip something in the bud before things actually go very wrong and it’s harder to treat .
                    We have annual full blood tests which are quite reassuring.

Not sure what we’re up to today - gardening of course if the rains hold off. I’m fancying Cuprinolling the cellar and barn doors.

Anyone fancy a brew?…I’m popping the kettle on again…

Have a great day peeps- wet or not….

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.

I've been awake since 4.20am. Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!! At the moment I'm guzzling coffee and waiting for a delivery. Mr GF, who inadvertently woke me up at 4.20am is still in the land of nod.

While rooting through the freezer last night, looking for some chicken thighs, I found a bag of Aldi's frozen uncooked all butter croissants. I bought them a couple of weeks ago and had completely forgotten about them. I've never tried them before. They are now earmarked as a weekend breakfast treat. I really hope they are nice, either with strawberry jam or just on their own with a bucket or two of coffee.

The sun has just broken through the clouds and yet again fooled the weathermen, according to them it should be raining.

Comment

• Morning.

Rary in our area those MOT health checks are supposed to be every 5 years.

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                        The sun has just broken through the clouds and yet again fooled the weathermen, according to them it should be raining.
                        MrP calls them weather guesses

We have sunshine, rain and thunder for today, or cloudy with only light rain this evening depending which site I look at.

Off to do some potting on.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Cool but fine, so weeding will continue. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Not sure where the morning has gone. Anyway, gone it has. Near enough. Well here, anyway. Wonder if I can claim I'm on UK time and then I've still got more left. Witter, witter. Sorry about that.

I actually have a bit of work to do. Also want to get out with my trusty Japanese hand hoe and give those weeds what for. And yes, NIcos, I do have hay to put down on top afterwards. Probably adding more weed seeds, but at least it'll keep the moisture in after all the rain. Another storm due this afternoon apparently, though they're saying not much rain. I wouldn't say no to ten times as much, like the other day.

The smiles left in good time this morning. I think they've realised I'm serious about the no new sou'westers. But it'll be about time for their summer sleeping bag in a few weeks, so I might see whether that can be prettied up in some way. Nice bit of ribbon or something.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Been rained off, such a glorious start too.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Afternoon all.
                                We have rain predicted for this evening, so I must plant out the runner beans later, then they'll get a good soak and a good start to grown-up life.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X