X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all
    We have sploshy again!

Our overnight temperatures have been between 8 and 11C this last week with the promise of the same this coming week.
    Talking of cucumbers, OH bought a tray of 6 the other day as they were cheaper than buying 2, and were actually bigger and more healthy looking! “Bound to be someone we can give the spare ones to” says he.
    Our neighbour offered to take one - at a push - as he already had his planted out. Anyway- yesterday he asked how many spare we had as the slugs had munched their way through all his. Worked out well in the end eh?!
    Ours are still in our blowaways as the south facing granite stone wall heats up during the day and gives off heat at night.

I’ve lit the woodfire every evening this week . Can’t believe it’s almost June!

Enjoy your day peeps. I may nip out to the DIY shop later if it carries on raining….
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All I think we've been down to about 8 at night. The tomatoes I put out have been bent and buffeted by the wind, so I'm not expecting them to survive. Sunny here today, but feels cool. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• By the way, I've made a very expensive mistake and feel something of an idiot! It seems I ordered my new curtains in inches instead of centimetres and because they're made to measure, I can't return them. You should have seen my face when I opened them. They wouldn't even fit in a camper van never mind my lounge window
        Last edited by Florence Fennel; 29-05-2024, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Ooops, Flo. I hope it wasn't too expensive a mistake. Have you got any other windows they might fit?

Comment

• Good morning all.

Flo, that is awful. Maybe make them into cushion covers? Just how big are they?

It keeps raining on and off here. Every time I consider putting my washing out, as the sun is shining, it starts again.

I'm taking my brother in law to the doctor's again today, to see an actual doctor this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              Ooops, Flo. I hope it wasn't too expensive a mistake. Have you got any other windows they might fit?
              I'm afraid so Snoop and no, not even the shed!

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                Good morning all.

Flo, that is awful. Maybe make them into cushion covers? Just how big are they?

It keeps raining on and off here. Every time I consider putting my washing out, as the sun is shining, it starts again.

I'm taking my brother in law to the doctor's again today, to see an actual doctor this time.
                They're 90 x 80 inches when they should have been 240 x 200 centimetres

Comment

• Oh dear Flo…
                  80 x 90 cm then?
                  Easily done, but you’d have thought the people making them would have checked first
                  Maybe you can recoup a bit by selling them on eBay or preloved?

Comment

• I've tried to work that out. 90 inches is 229 cm and 80 inches is 203 cm. So they're not hugely out. Could they not be a bit extra pleaty? Sorry if that's a stupid question. I don't know anything about curtains, to be honest. I've only ever once bought curtains and that was over forty years ago.

Comment

• I'm with GF them into cushion covers Flo then order curtains in the correct size.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I was once really lucky. I went into Dunelm just after New Year. There was a pair of made to measure curtains in the sale. (Obviously, something had gone wrong with the order). They were slightly longer than my bedroom window and very, very, very wide. The were my perfect colour. They had been reduced several times. I bought them for a pittance. I really gathered them to fit my window and they look amazing. Before gathering they were probably 4 or 5 times the window width. I must admit I do normally like to buy curtains that are generous in width though.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          Good grief!…it’s finally stopped raining! ( sorry Snoop…. Hopefully it’s on its way to you?)
                          Looks like it could be an outdoor day after all!

gf…that sounds like an amazing bargain!…well done you !

Anyone fancy a brew? I’ll get that kettle on….

Comment

• Good Morning All I hope you're right GF. The curtains were from Dunelm, so I'm prevailing on their sympathy and hoping they'll let me return them!
                            Drizzling here and Frank doesn't like rain. Have a good day

Comment

• Drizzling again here too Flo…that’s scuppered my gardening plans Looks like it’s set in for the day again. Pah.
                              Domestic chores it is then

Fingers crossed Flo.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright blue outside. Sadly, Nicos, no sign of rain. Just more heat. Off out to do a bit of weeding in a bit, but I don't think I'll be out for long. Need to start setting the alarm clock for earlier. Now I'm a work-free zone, I could have an afternoon nap to compensate, I suppose.

Not much on the cards for today except major aggravation this afternoon. Off into the village, where there's a fibre optic internet connection, to see if I can get two computers to update. I hate this kind of stuff. I used to do a lot years back and got quite good at doing things in MSDOS. But now I can barely understand the advice and so much of it seems contradictory. Anyway, if I can't sort it, I'll be paying some guys to deal with at least one of them for me.

Have a great day, everyone.

Edited to add: Hope you get it sorted, Flo. Good luck.
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 30-05-2024, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X