Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in time to wish you a happy birthday Flo.
    Hope you had a lovely day.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Every time I think I am catching up, she moves on againat

A ​ happy birthday Flo and wishing you many more
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Sounds like a lovely selection of gifts Flo!

I love the idea of afternoon tea!…great choice of gift

I’ve had a great day. Great?…well done loads of weeding, and our patio table is fixed to perfection! As is our oak 19th Century apple crusher which was failing.
        OH got our water pump up and working….still need to set up the actual pot etc, but it feels like the end point is not far away!
        ( patio slabs being laid in about 3 weeks!)
        I actually was weeding in the sunshine late afternoon too!…Yey!

Lots to do tomorrow- so a semi- early night for me…. See you tomorrow peeps!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all
          Wet wet wet. Supposed to pass though so maybe
          My list is getting overloaded.
          Good news on team helmet Bren.
          Good luck with your progress Nicos and your knitting.

Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

CG our rains due from 11-ish onwards so I'd best make the most of this morning for gardening jobs.

Nicos it sound like you're gardens plans are coming together

Enjoy your day
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Thank you for your good wishes. Himself was in a pickle yesterday. His wedding ring slipped off his finger into the recycling bin! Luckily my eldest son (who is 6' 5" tall) managed to find it in the bottom. Glad it was the paper and card bin!
              cloudy here too, but I'm risking some washing.
              Your garden is looking lovely Nicos. Have a good day All
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Overcast and breezy and just 14 degs. It's hard to believe its June.
                Out to my line dancing this morning and will see what direction the dsy takes after that.
                Have a good day all.
                Flo, sounds like you had a lovely day and some lovely gifts.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Is Mr Fennel losing weight, Flo?

Bagged up the meals I made yesterday for the freezer. The kitchen smells of chicken dopiaza and it's making me feel very hungry! Got stock to go now, which will make the dogs very excitable as there's quite a lot of meat left on the bones, but I'm hoping to keep that for us.

Other than that, not much achieved so far this morning. Too much time spent watching fighter planes circling the valley. Four of them today, which is a record. Normally we have just one or two.

So I'd better get on with things.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.

A typical grey, overcast day here, with rain due by midday. It's not particularly cold however.

Our polling cards have just arrived in the post. I'm now deciding whether to apply for postal votes as at the last general election parking near the polling station was dire/nigh on impossible. Elderly/disabled voters would have really struggled unless they had a driver like me, who thought "stuff this for a game of soldiers", and parked completely illegally for my husband and brother in law. I've just consulted Mr GF about this, but he is in a "Bolshie" mood this morning and has decided he wants to vote in person. I'll ask his brother (much more laid back) later.

I'm just deciding whether to do a grory hop today or tomorrow. I think I'll put it off until tomorrow and just go find strawberries and coffee today🙂.

Mr GF's ear syringing is a week today at the doctor's surgery, and I cannot wait. I am fed up of shouting. I would have attempted to get him a private appointment except all the places that I know do them are in the city centre pedestrian precinct (optician alley) with no nearby parking. At least the council's last attempt to increase, yet again, the pedestrian area was reversed nigh on immediately, due to an outcry by businesses and the public. Another waste of money!

This year we've suddenly got lots of buttercups on the roadside verges. I've hardly seen any for years. I don't know if it's because the grass has been let grow longer, but they are really nice to see. As a small child I would happily sit on the grass and make buttercup and daisy chains.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20240604_112100.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	401.6 KB
ID:	2579965
                    I think I've moaned enough for one day now, so off to do something productive.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

I managed to get the grass cut this morning before the drizzly rain started. Some of it was very long where there were flowering bulbs in spring, so I had to strim that then rake it up. My dalek is full to the brim now, but no doubt will be half empty again by the end of the week. Where does all that plant matter go?? There were several anthills in among the long grass, which the strimmer demolished. Ants are worse than moles IMO the way they shift the soil about.

The rain looks set in for the day now, not much breeze to blow it away.

GF, I have a postal vote. It's so much less hassle to mark the form and post back at leisure, since the form comes two or three weeks before polling day. It gives me a slightly wicked pleasure if a canvasser comes to the door, to say smugly, you're too late, I've already voted.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all;D

I thought I’d posted earlier oh well, nothing much to add after last night’s post.
                        Just prepared one of the gites for guests ( friends of our son) It was actually closed but we opened it specially for them. I guess many gites will be fully booked midweek.

We’ve had more fighter planes skimming our rooftops too Snoop. I guess here it’s to show off defences whilst all the heads of state are visiting? What with the old D-Day planes as well, it’s been a hive of activity in our skies this week.

I’ve just done a grory hop so that should see us sorted now until next week.

OH is cutting the lawns again- I think he jyst loves to play on his sit on mower

We have postal voting and I’m crossing my fingers they arrive soon - it’ll be too late if they arrive whilst we’re in the uk.
                        ” You can’t complain if you don’t vote” was a favourite saying my father used to say . My granny used to make me appreciate all the effort into getting the vote for women. “ Have your say- your right to vote was hard earned”
                        Both very true.

It’s voting here this coming Sunday. A much more reasonable day in my mind- much less disruptive. Having said that all my schools were used for voting when I was a nipper so it was great having an extra day off school!

Right…the driveway is calling . Never had so many weeds growing!

Enjoy your day peeps
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post

GF, I have a postal vote. It's so much less hassle to mark the form and post back at leisure, since the form comes two or three weeks before polling day. It gives me a slightly wicked pleasure if a canvasser comes to the door, to say smugly, you're too late, I've already voted.
                          Oh, I think I'd like to feel smug and organised.

Comment

• Afternoon.

The forecast was correct it’s been raining here since 11-ish.
                            We did get the pea netting in place earlier this morning so hopefully those tasty new shoots will be safe from the Sparrows.
                            Our voting station is a 2 minute walkway and there’s plenty of free parking for those that need it.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright and sunny again. The weather folk are holding out the possibility of some very light rain at the weekend and early next week. Fingers crossed. Anything is better than nothing.

More of the same today for me as yesterday. But under control. So all good.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Morning

We have rain its supposed to be stopping by 12ish just in time for todays Grory hop.

enjoy your day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X