X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Rary, what on earth is a vivid Jay??
    That was supposed to be (civic have) again something different from what I printed the words are supposed to be covid jag, this auto correct is something else, evidently it must be based on female logic, putting words in that you never said, I think I will be missing for a day or two again, you lot might have forgot about that statement ,though no doubt if I had a disagreement with someone in two or three years time it would be brought up
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Stupidly early but I’m wide awake
      Not sure whether to get up and finish off ironing the bedding or just pick up my book. I suspect the reading will win!

There’s a vide grenier I want to go to this morning but apart from that I’ve a list of mostly domestic things I need to crack on with.
      Might have a bbq later….

Enjoy your day peeps- kettle is on if anyone fancies a brew?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning Nicos
        I shall have a tea with you.
        Very grey here, no plans to be in the garden though.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Dull and breezy here, not sure what we're doing yet today but I'll be in the garden at some point.

Enjoy your day
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Chilly wind here today, but fine. Have a lovely Sunday
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all, cool and breezy but its dry
              Off to the church shortly.
              No plans for the day just yet.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's rather chilly and very windy here. It keeps raining on and off too. I might not go further than the rubbish bins today.

I've just had a phone call from our old friend, the D-Day veteran, to tell us he's home and he's had a fantastic trip, including a chat to both the King and Princess Anne. He says the French people he met were really nice to him. He wants to go again in 5 years time.

I've just lit the oven and we'll get round to croissants and jam shortly😋.

Comment

• Morning all.

A bit chilly here, and grey skies.

So sad you have lost your dog, Snoop. I'm sure he had a good life with you.

I can hear the teenage lad next door kicking a football against their fence. The sound when it hits is like a gunshot. As is the sound of the golf balls he slams at the fence. In the last two days I have acquired three footballs. One broke down broad beans, one a hardy geranium, and one my long spurred aquilegias. There is also one on his shed roof and one outside the fence. Two more and I shall have the full set, then I'll consider whether to return them. Our gardens are small, 20 feet by 25 feet, really not the place to be hammering a ball against a fence, and it won't be long before that fence loses its integrity and falls down.

Ah, he's stopped. Better go and check my garden for damage and balls

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Looks like everywhere in Spain except here is getting a deluge today.

Got a few jobs to do today but nothing absolutely urgent. Must make a start on them, though, to stop them becoming absolutely urgent.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                      I can hear the teenage lad next door kicking a football against their fence. The sound when it hits is like a gunshot. As is the sound of the golf balls he slams at the fence. In the last two days I have acquired three footballs. One broke down broad beans, one a hardy geranium, and one my long spurred aquilegias. There is also one on his shed roof and one outside the fence. Two more and I shall have the full set, then I'll consider whether to return them. Our gardens are small, 20 feet by 25 feet, really not the place to be hammering a ball against a fence, and it won't be long before that fence loses its integrity and falls down.

Ah, he's stopped. Better go and check my garden for damage and balls
                      Mothawk, you are a much nicer person than I am if you give back those balls intact and without a talk with the parents and discussions about future compensation for damage. In fact I'd probably already have a bin of comfrey tea next to the fence.(I actually like the smell).

Comment

• Afternoon

Its still breezy here so not the best day to be messing around with debris netting but the brassica cage is finished and I've planted my kales.
                        Indoors now for tea and a piece of custard tart.

Enjoy your afternoon.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• When I was at the vide grenier this morning we could hear loads of rooks ( I’m presuming they weren’t crows and deffo not jackdaws)…and we were laughing saying how noisy they were- then OH looked over a fence into someone’s potager only to notice that every single brassica that been stripped to its skeleton.
                          Oh dear- how frustrating is that? They were decent sized plants too
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Ended up gardening after all. Sun kept trying but at least the wind calmed down a bit.
                            Got a few things done anyway.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Good evening wether has been poor today with a cold wind blowing and occasional rain showers some quite heavy haven't done any gardening today was at church this morning then my son and his family dropped in, one of the boys wants to go on a trip through school to Malaysia costing £4000 so he will need to look around for some jobs to do so he can raise the money, as I said to him, the best of luck, I'm skint they were just away when daughter and SiL came in and they didn't leave till it was time to make the tea now trying to relax a bit, oh and the central heating has done on so definitely not getting any warmer as its set to come on at 17c little chance of maintains money withatures like that, just thinking I will try and get some bags of manure tomorrow, which should help speed up the composting, now off to watch some telly, so have a good evening and keepsmiling
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Wow Rary. I must be so out of touch with reality. £4000 for a school trip. Dare I even ask what is educational about Malaysia??? Rubber?? I must be showing my age here.

Where do schools even get these ideas from??? Or is there a teacher's parallel universe out there? To be fair, looking at my niece... teacher, there probably is.(a different planet maybe).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X