Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Dull but a bit warmer here. No plans for today, just approaching it in gay abandon
    Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Well, after a miserable day yesterday se have the sunshine.
      Grory hop this morning, a trip to the library and then the post office.
      If the weather stays fine it will be an afternoon in the garden.
      Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Well, I woke up with a full schedule for the day ahead, only for it to be sent skewwhiff by a friend visiting. Nice to see him, though. So no complaints.

Lots to get through, though, in nowhere near as much time, so better get me skates on.

Sounds like you've all got nice days ahead, but I'll still wish you a great day. Wouldn't feel right if I didn't.

Comment

• Afternoon

Lots done in the garden this morning not that anyone would know mostly fixing or cleaning things. Of to do seed sowing next now I have cleared some space in one of the beds.
          enjoy your afternoon

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon all.

I think I'm feeling a bit better today, as is Mr GF. I've actually got a bit of energy back. I've caught up on some jobs such as changing the bed and washing the bedding.

I also suddenly decided that we needed new bath sheets. Ours are ancient. I've ordered a couple of big white ones on click and collect. I always buy white as in the event of minor catastrophes, they can be bleached. I even used to use white towels at the allotment.

I think I can manage a grory hop this afternoon, too.

Comment

• I was having a good afternoon. I've done a grory hop, picked up the towels I ordered this morning, called in a couple of other shops for bits and called round then to drop some of the shopping off for my brother in law.

Once I got home and unpacked I decided to give my new towels a wash before using them. That's when I realised they were different sizes. I had ordered 2 extra large bath sheets. One is what I ordered and paid for, the other is an ordinary size bath sheet.

Another trip to get this rectified tomorrow.

At least I'm feeling a lot better. Thank heaven for paracetamol!

Comment

• That's annoying gf. Hope you get your towels sorted today.

Morning
                Raining lightly, rest of the day doesn't look great either. Will try and continue with my pricking out tasks.
                Also have a bread to bake.

Kettle has boiled. Toast?
                Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

That's good you're both starting to improve GF, its disappointing about the bath sheets mix up good thing you spotted it before you washed them.

Tea and a toasted tea cake here CG

Had a wonder around the garden earlier checking things out like you do, and my French beans are suffering from slug damage most other things are doing well due to all the rain we're having.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull again here. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. Not a particularly nice day, but at least it's not raining yet, (forecast to start around lunchtime). I'm starting to wonder if we'll get any Summer like weather this year. Maybe the one Summer dress I bought will be one too many, and I nearly bought another two. Yesterday's breeze, a.k.a. gale, felt icy.

I have just discovered that for the first time ever we have run out of sugar(granulated). I went into cupboard to get some to fill the tin next to the coffee and tea. The cupboard was bare. Unheard of! Not a problem really as there are part bags of caster sugar, icing sugar, soft light brown sugar, soft dark brown sugar, Demerera sugar and there's even honey, but it's just weird that I hadn't noticed. I better buy a few bags we're on our next to last jar of strawberry jam. I imagine that their should be lots of English strawberries around, at a reasonable price,to make some more in the next few weeks. I never bother using jam sugar for strawberry jam, just strawberries, ordinary sugar and lemon juice. I think it's my all time favourite jam.

I did find an interesting recipe the othe day when browsing however ..... for lemon peel jam. We seem to go through a lot of Lemons, so I I've started freezing all the remnants ready to have a go. Mr GF is a fan of anything lemony.

https://thriftylesley.com/lemon-peel-jam/

Have a good day everyone. I hope some of you find the missing sun! It's probably gone in the same black hole as my voice!

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Cloudy with patches of sunshine but it's still not summer weather.
                        lots to do so taking it as it comes.
                        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

I'm afraid the sun is here (again), GF. I woke up early and it was lovely and cloudy and grey. Didn't last long, unfortunately. Nice sounding jam, by the way.

The neighbour has been round with some shopping for us. I've done a bit of flour rationalisation, which took quite a while. Some is well past its use-by date, so I'll pour that on my veg beds when Mr Snoop isn't looking. Apparently flour is good for the soil, and I've got no other use for it, so it might as well go there as anywhere. Might only do it in currently unused beds in case the boar comes looking for it (not sure if it's Billy Boar from last year or another, but we've got at least one snuffling round the fields).

Got rather a lot to do for the rest of the day. Paid work and then I have to start packing away most of my kitchen stuff, the rest to go to an 'emergency' kitchen in ten days or so for continued use while building work is in progress. I'll be glad when it's finished, in part because it'll be done but also because I've been volunteered to feed the builders. Oh, and friends are coming to visit for the long weekend at the end of next week. I think the pressure cookers will be doing sterling service for the next few weeks! Fingers crossed Mr Snoop and I manage to keep our tempers with each other. Building work is always stressful at the best of times.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Good afternoon,started off nice this morning, but now raining, fortunately i got the dogs walked before the rain started, going up to help granddaughter put up a gazebo as she is having some friends in later and no doubt will be using the hot tub, i just dont understand why they are happy to sit in warm water as long as their hair stays dry, women are funny and dont mean funny haha enjoy your day and keep spreading the smiles
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon

Thanks for the Lemon peal jam recipe GF I've saved the link. I'd have never thought of using the pith in a jam.

Snoop I'd not heard of adding flour to veg beds but like you it beats binning it. I know Mark Rand sometimes adds unwanted starter to his compost caddy so thats similar.

Comment

• Morning
                                Light rain here, more downpours to follow. Not a gardening day for me.
                                Brew anyone?
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X