Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, cold and damp here today, its quite breezy with an occasional slever in the wind, while its cold like this, 12c, i would be happy to have some rain as i have two empty water barrels that i would like ti see topped up, but if i had the choice i would settle for some sunshine

The above is a post that i thought i had posted yesterday,so better late than never​​​​​​​
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning still a strong wind blowing so wont be doing much gardening today, had quite a bit of rain through the night but havent checked my water barrels yet, its barrels i use all the big butts are usually taken by women, I think OH wants to take me out for lunch so will be heading out to a GC so off to get ready as she says i need to tidy myself up a bit before she goes out with me, and as she will be paying i will do as I'm told, have a good day and keep smiling
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Cooler here and it's raining. Have a good day
        Last edited by Florence Fennel; 28-06-2024, 08:57 AM.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

I don't know where the warmth has gone. 14°C and blowing a gale here. Suddenly we have rain in the forecast too.

I was having a really weird dream this morning until Mr GF woke me up.

I used to make seedless raspberry jam for a "faddy" niece. I also really liked it. When she grew up and bought her first house though I bought her raspberry canes as a housewarming gift and gave her the recipe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240628_100843.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	2581074

Yesterday's strawberry jam is a bit on the runny side but I am not reboiling it. Better a bit runny than like rubber. There's a part jar so I'll let Mr GF give his verdict when he has a croissant. I must remember to give the labels a quick spray of hairspray to "fix" the writing.

I made the Lemon Peel jam. It's okay, but I'd rather have strawberry jam or three fruit marmalade instead.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Sunny and breezy here and quite cool with it.
            Changed the bedding and with the strong wind they have been out on the line and dry.
            Lots of flower heads snapped off in the strong breezy, petunias and geraniums.

Jam, gf your strawberry jam looks good, my favourite is gooseberry.

Snoop, another day over at the dentist, hope your feeling better today.

Snoop, like you said, its all go at your house.

My grandson is getting his school holidays today so I will be signing up to provide some more child minding

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Nice jam GF. It's been a real mix of weather today here! Apparently it was raining and freezing on Snowdon, but little Frank walked all the way up and back down, despite all the comments that he wouldn't make it Have a lovely evening All

Comment

• Evening

Today we’ve tidied the cupboard under the stairs Some binned, some for charity shop and some put back.
                Plenty of jam to keep you going GF.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Haha Bren I went on a mission with the utility room. As it leads to the garage OH uses it as an attachment of 'his space'
                  Made him shift his stuff , binned some aloe vera plants on the windowledge annoying me and blocking light then cleaned it. Looks like new
                  Kept thinking about a chocolate fridge cake recipe mum used to make, rang her for the recipe and adapted it to what I had in and now having to hide it .
                  Made the tart for tonight and with the leftover pastry I made a large apple turnover.
                  OH claims to have man flu also, I'm ignoring
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

So which are you eating first CG the cake or turnover. ? I've got some slices of carrot cake in the freezer so will get a couple out for todays afternoon tea.

enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Light rain here. Have a good day

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Off out in a sec to the builder’s merchant store for some things for the patio laying. Grory hop on the way home as we have a guest for the next 3 days…

Looks like we are due 11 minutes light rain anytime soon. Better than a heavy downpour- although I guess Snoop would rather she had a downpour?

CG….I bought an apple and cream turnover when I was in the uk. Absolutely delish!…do you think yours are still fresh enough to eat?…I’m more than happy to volunteer to check them out…ya never know….
                        Hope your OH is improving CG.

Frank did well Flo!…those little legs must have been working 10 to the dozen! Bet he’s a bit achy today!

Whatever you get up to today - have a great day folks!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's raining again and not overly warm. The forecast has changed completely, and 18°C is the naximum temperature forecast for the next week.

I took my brother in law a jar of strawberry jam yesterday and posted one of my sisters a jar of the lemon peel jam, as she was intrigued by it.

I bet Frank loves his adventure, Flo. I bet he slept well when he got home.

All this talk about chocolate fridge cake, carrot cake and apple turnovers is making my hungry! I think I'll cook croissants next.

Comment

• Bren In Pots cake has already been nibbled at. Turnover for later with icecream, you will need to be quick if you want some Nicos .
                            OH mentioned anything so I assume he is cured
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning all,flashing hazy rain here and it's just 13 degs.
                              Looks like a day of domestics for Mr.
                              We are getting a new boiler next week so everything has to be removed from thr hot press.
                              Carpet and floor boards will be coming up as well, this is in our bedroom.
                              Not looking forward but needs must.

I wont be making any jam until,all this upheaval is done.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• A lot more light drizzle than we were expecting, but it’s leaving Saharan sand on the windows and outdooor surfaces

Big job there bramble! Hope it’s straight forward.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X