This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all.

Apologies for late show. Had a busy day today. Managed a bit of a lie-down this afternoon, though. Very welcome it was.

Hope you all had good days and have lovely evenings.

Edited to say: Missed your post, bramble. That's a huge job. I need to empty the kitchen and I think that's bad enough. Yours is much bigger. Big sympathetic cyber hug.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 29-06-2024, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      A lot more light drizzle than we were expecting, but it’s leaving Saharan sand on the windows and outdooor surfaces
      Its the same here Nicos its more noticeable on the cars and windows.

I've been through my wardrobes and drawers having a good sort out then rearranged everything so clothes are easier to find. I seem to have a rather lot of socks
      Fingers crossed your new boiler goes smoothly Bramble.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
        Well, what a miserable day, it's only just stopped raining in the last half hour.
        I left some empty buckets in the garden and there were 2 inches of rain water in them.
        Spent the day emptying presses, drawers and the hot press.
        Spare sheets, curtains and towels gone to the charity shop.
        I must say the garden needed the rain, at least we got no sand with it.
        Enjoy your evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
          Nice sunny start to the day here.
          Off to a vide grenier with our friend later.
          We need to hose the patio clean at some point today ready for the slabs to be laid tomorrow. Apart from that the day is our own.

You lot are making me feel very aware that I have an awful lot of sorting needing doing inside the house and barn…eventually…eventually!

Enjoy your day- I hope you all manage some gardening time today!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

A sunny start here as well Nicos, we've had overnight rain so that freshened up the garden. It looks like being a good day here so we'll be out and about.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Good morning, quite overcast and cool this morning 12c at present, nothing planned for today after church, though as its the last Sunday of the month there will be tea and coffee after the service, after that it will be a quiet day for us, if it heats up i will get out to the garden, if not it will be reading a book or see if there is anything other than sport on the telly, as for some of th activities mentioned, i most definitely will not say anything to OH about clearing wardrobes or drawers, OH thinks i should do this in a more,regular basis, but i think sticking to mu regular routine of every 10 to 12years is fine anyway enjoy your day and pass on the smiles
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Bright but very breezy here. Have a lovely Sunday
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

The big kitchen pack-up begins today. Fingers crossed we keep our tempers with each other... Kitchen roof coming off at some stage, maybe the end of this week.

Better get a move on...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning
                    Not that warm here either rary , sun seems to have skipped us.
                    Nipping out this mornig, may get some gardening done later.
                    ​​​​​​​Good luck Snoop Puss .
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Cloudy a d breezy but its dry.
                      No plans for the day but no doubt some family members will call.

Snoop, you have my sympathy, hate having disruption to my home..

Nicos, I probably would be putting all this clearing out on the long finger but for the fact we needed this job done.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

Cloudy, 14°C here. Hardly Summer weather.

Bramble I'd no idea what a press or hot press was (apart from to do with newspapers), so I just had a google. I found out that a press is what I'd call a cupboard, but is a hot press an airing cupboard? (What did we do before Google?) Encyclopaedias, dictionaries and librarys, I suppose. I still remember the first search I did on the Internet in Maplins in the 90's. We did have a computer but it wasn't connected to the Internet.

I really ought to Spring clean out some cupboards and wardrobes too. I'm overdue, even by Rary's standards.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          * quietly sips her tea so as nit to disturb anyone….

Stupidly early but I’ve been awake for hours. Probably anxious about my patio. The guy didn’t confirm he was coming today so it could go either way. It has to be finished by Friday as we have gite guests so we wont do any work which could disturb a calm and peaceful holiday.
                          Also - we didn’t collect our camper on Friday as expected. OH phoned a few times to see if the parts had arrived and the jobs were completed, but there was no response. Tried again on Saturday only to find it’s always closed on Saturdays. Hope he didn’t have a weekend away in it!
                          So lots happening today…nothing major like Snoop is going through. What’s your bet she suddenly gets loads of rain now - having waited months for it

Oh!……just realised…it’s July well, that suddenly arrived!
                          We’ll be noticing the nights drawing in soon. At least that tends to come with the warmer summer evenings ( fingers crossed this year!)

Good luck with domestics and building work peeps, enjoy your day!

Comment

• Morning Nicos
                            I will join you in a brew. I also slept badly, OH fell asleep downstairs then woke me coming to bed and then snored all night
                            I have just checked the gh and its just 12degrees in there and 9 outside, cool breeze too. Great start to July.
                            Forecast shows rain so an indoor day, office work to do but I don't think my brain is in it today.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

The robins been back earlier inspecting the old nest, he even stood on top of the helmet. like it was a Christmas card photoshoot pity he flew of all i got was a blurry photo.

Comment

• Oh pah!….the patio guy had booked something else in for the week….thought it was next week instead even though we’d left phone messages and what’s app with the exact dates..anyway he’s agreed to come wed, thurs and Fri now…so that’s scuppered our plans.
                                Always plenty of other things to do though, so can’t complain.

So my next job?….. pushing in a prolapse for one of our chooks!….lovely… poor lass.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X