Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenishfing it was always called chocolate crush in our house, crushed biscuits in chocolate with chocolate topping. I changed the recipe to add chopped nuts and some orange.
    Northern England.

Comment

• Ooh the rain has stopped. Off back out to play
      Northern England.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Rushed out early today - hospital follow up appt for OH.
        Called in at the Mahuuuusive DIY store to get grid covers and ikea for a few things. Blinking ‘eck…no orchids
        Chill wind still here too but hot when it drops and the sun comes out.
        Our camper update…finally!… nope- not ready. The guy’s inspection lift has jammed in the elevated position with a car on it. Still waiting for it to be repaired so he can get the other car down and start work on ours. Good job we don’t need it yet!

Last night I suggested to OH that we light the woodstove I ​​got a blanket and hot water bottle​​​…passed to me instead. As you say bramble….July!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening, cold with occasional wet today took one of the grandsons up to a local "big house" where they are looking for someone to help with general gardening/ tidying up once a week, he has no experience of doing work but they are willing to give him a trial, hopefully he will do ok, he had to tell them that he will be starting an apprenticeship at the end of August, so i informed them that one of the other younger grandsons would be available on most Saturdays though he does at some weekends do volunteer work, and again they are willing to give him a try, he has a bit more gardening experience, as his dad makes him do some work about the garden where SiL, isn't interested in the garden, hopefully things will be ok for them both, well enjoy your evening and if any of you feel its a bit cold, rather than covering yourself with a blanket, get a hold of a brush or duster, physical activity will heat you up easier
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• No rain here today and in the afternoon the sun came out so my Fleece came off.

Hope it works out ok for your grandsons Rary.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Had a bit of rain but like Bren the sun appeared although briefly. Even though i was tired this.morning I still managed a 6mile dog walk and after the rain shower I managed to play outside, it was nice to be out there today, I needed it.

Good luck for the grandsons Rary.

Hope your camper is sorted soon Nicos. Wow no orchids though.
              Northern England.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                Not a sign of the sun here today, just dull and grey.
                Lots of upheaval but lots of progress as well.
                Put some laundry on and the washing machine had a screaming match.
                Son in law had a look this evening, its packed up for good.
                Next job...get a new machine. Never a dull moment.
                Have a good night all,

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Oh goodness bramble there is always something isn't there.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    Yikes bramble…hope you get sorted quickly….tis hard being without a washing machine.

Hopefully our builder friend is arriving this morning..fingers crossed please!
                    I wonder if our camper will be ready?
                    Interesting day ahead one way or another!

Enjoy yourselves today peeps….I think I spotted the smiles when I let Hibou out….
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornig Nicos
                      Good luck with your day. I've a day in the office, how exciting.
                      Enjoy your day whatever you do.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Bramble hope you get your new washing machine soon, some firms offer next day delivery that was handy when our fridge freezer broke last December.

All the best for today Nicos I've got my fingers crossed.

enjoy your day
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzling here and chilly. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. Weather is warmer than yesterday but still only 14 degs.
                            Out to look at washing machines this morning so see what I can find.

Nicos, hope your builder arrives this morning, nothing as bad as waiting for someone who doesnt turn up.

Hope al, goes to plan...have a good day,

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's a chilly, miserable one here. I've got a fleece on! It's been raining and looks as if there's more in the offing.

Yesterday we did a grory hop and I went out in a fleece. Suddenly the sun came out, heated up the car, and I came home nigh on roasted alive. There were no frozen croissants in Aldi. Mr GF was on the verge of a mighty paddy until I told him I still had about 20 in the freezer at home. I was also hoping they'd have big punnets of strawberries to make more jam. Unfortunately not. I'm well stocked up ready with sugar and lemons.

My Evri parcel did appear yesterday. I got an email saying it was out for delivery and an hour later it was here.

The hairdresser (mobile) is due in about an hour, so no doubt I'll get caught up on all the local gossip as well as a hair cut.

I hope you get a new washer sorted out quickly, Bramble.

Comment

• Morning all.

Feels like I've got lots of fingers crossed today: Rary's grandsons, Nicos's van, Bramble's washing machine, GF's croissants for next time... Me, I need more hours in the day, but I'm sure the same could be said for lots of us.

Kitchen roof being removed as I write. No going back now! I think the smiles will be staying round your places for the next few days. The radio, racket and shouting is getting a bit overwhelming. Worse when the cement mixer starts up. It's so peaceful here normally, I'm finding it a bit difficult to adjust to the noise and I'm sure the smiles will be too. I told them to take their sou'westers with them when they left this morning, so they'll be prepared for all conditions.

Right, better make the most of the next hour before I have to cook lunch. Try and fit at least a bit of work in today.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; Yesterday, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X