Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No news re van yet, but the builder arrived Boy does he work hard!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• We have had our hair chopped. I then decided to go shopping. I decided to visit a different Aldi. There are three in our city, two within a couple of miles of where we live. They had lots of Mr GF's favourite wine, that was out of stock in the other yesterday and lots of croissants. We have now got lots of both. He can eat croissants morning, noon and night if he wants. I also got some strawberries while I was out that look really ripe and nearly the size of small apples. We are going to be really upset when the strawberry season ends, they have been so good this year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240703_141553.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	679.3 KB
ID:	2581352

Comment

• Office work done and dealt with. Still looking out at rain though
        Northern England.

Comment

• I decided to tidy a cupboard over the stairs and wish I'd never started! I discovered loads of vinyl LPs that I thought I had thrown out years ago and made the mistake of telling Himself, who is now insisting that we keep them!
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            I decided to tidy a cupboard over the stairs and wish I'd never started! I discovered loads of vinyl LPs that I thought I had thrown out years ago and made the mistake of telling Himself, who is now insisting that we keep them!
            Oh Flo, you have my absolute sympathy. I have eventually learned to keep my "finds" to myself.

Comment

• You have my sympathy too. OH doesn't like getting rid of anything
              Northern England.

Comment

• Old vinyls are potentially worth a fortune... Just saying.

The roof is off. And I'm mortified to say the rats have fled... Ghastly. Dreadful. Just plain yuk.

Comment

• We’ve had loads of rats in our roof spaces Snoop…just part and parcel of living in the countryside innit? . We even found a desicated one from goodness know how many years ago…fascinating actually as it was in a cavity theprevious owner per blocked up over 40 years ago.
                  Last edited by Nicos; 03-07-2024, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• I have a Beatles double white which could be worth a lot ….most likely not though!

Comment

• ^Worth having a look online at least.

Comment

• OMG!!! Rats!! I am absolutely phobic. I can't even watch them on T.V. Mice to a slightly lesser degree!

The thought was enough to get my heart racing.....😱😱

I have just washed up, including two sundae dishes, which I use for strawberries and cream. We now have one lonely one, due to my clumsiness.

A quick look on the net. I've ordered 4 new ones from Dunelm. Amazingly 3 minutes after they sent me a confirmation email I got another email saying that they were ready for collection. I'll call and collect in the morning.

Comment

• Nicos, re dessicated rodents, I think finding one many years ago in a little used handbag (by inserting my hand) contributed massively to my phobia. To this day I have no idea what else was in the handbag, as it went straight out of the window, luckily open at the time.😱🤯

Comment

• We still have our vinyls. Not rats though, have enough trouble with bats

Rain stopped eventually after a wet evening walk.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Well, what a hectic day.
                              in among all the chaos of getting the old boiler out and a new one in, grandson number 2 txted to say he was coming in for a visit today.. As I don't see him very often of course I said I would be delighted...So we sat among the upheaval for the best part of two hours catching up.
                              Next, it was out to the store to buy a washing machine. Mission accomplished and it was time to collect grandson junior from school.
                              As it's his birthday tomorrow I had promised to take him to the toy store to choose a gift., In the mean time my daughter called looking for any spare plants.
                              My son rang to say his car wouldnt start and could I collect him from his job and bring him and grandson home.
                              My friends husband rang just now to ask would I bring his wife to town in the morning to get some new trousers...She has alheimzers so needs me to go with her.....can life get any busier l

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all
                                Oh bramble , hectic indeed and lovely to be needed so much
                                No rain yet but it's forecast along with sun and wind.
                                I'd thought of doing some direct sowing but not sure where where my seeds will end up
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X