X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

A cool 9c in my GH overnight

That was a hectic day Bramble and a happy birthday to your grandson xx

I'm another who still has a vinyl collection from my teenage years, mostly Queen, Rolling Stones and Fleetwood Mac odd to think my music taste hasn't changed much over the years.

Enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all. It's a very windy one. I thought of hanging my washing out, but I doubt that it would stay on the line. At least the sun is shining though. We never got so much as a glimpse of it yesterday.

Bren, you've reminded me of my complete disinterest in music when I was a child. (I'm pretty indifferent and more or less tone deaf even now). I never bought any records, or took any interest at all until I was in my late teens. How then, I would like to know, do I know all the words to nearly every sixties song I hear???? My young brain must have been like a sponge. I wish it had remembered things as easily for exams.

I'm off out later to pick up my new sundae glasses and put some repeat prescriptions in at the doctor's. I suppose I ought to ring for the results of my blood tests too. I do tend to work on the theory that if anything is seriously amiss they'll ring me.

Comment

• Good Morning All Well, you all seen to be having a hectic time of it! I'll give some more thought about the vinyl, although I'm pretty sure they'll just sit somewhere else gathering dust and someone else will eventually have to deal with them. You're right CG, it is great to be needed.
        Sunny here and very windy. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Wild out there, puffy jackets on for the walk, OH had his woolly hat on
          Decided to do the food shop, need to pick up my prescription too. The excitement !
          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

What a day you had, Bramble! Hope you get to have a bit of down time today. But yes, I agree with CG, nice to be wanted like that. Hope you've had a nice morning out with your friend.

Work continuing here. Mr Snoop is exhausted already! We stayed up till a normal time watching an episode of Yellowstone last night. Must make sure we get to be early tonight. It's the only way we can cope.

Right, better get on with my show. I'm feeling positively lazy in comparison with all of you and workers outside.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon all, hope this finds you well.
              Just had my daughter, SiL and granddaughter staying this last week. Wonderful to have them and had so much fun with our granddaughter (a little person now). It’s now clean up time and that’s just the parents lol. Have to get down to a 3 year olds level to see what she’s left for us on the windows, kitchen cabinets etc. Worth it all though.
              Where is summer, is it ever going to arrive?! It’s blowing a hoolie with really heavy showers too.
              Hope you all enjoy your day, whatever the weather is doing where you are. x
              sigpic

Comment

• Went to Lidl today, not a single strawberry or berries of any sort. They were having new fridges fitted
                Northern England.

Comment

• A quick nip in from me….we’ve almost finished laying the patio…yip yip!
                  Needs to dry, then add vertical slates around the edges to hide the concrete base, then point, then seal…but that’s for another day.
                  My poor lawns are covered with cement and tiny pieces of slate. Not sure if they’ll recover tbh. Might just suggest we get some topsoil in to cover it, especially as it’s a bit of a dip anyway. I’ve scraped off as much as I can so will try hosing it first before we make a decision.

Managed to have breakfast at 1pm and the guy came back at 1.30. Boy is he a glutton for punishment. It takes some keeping up with him! No brew breaks - just one glass of water mid afternoon. I wish more workmen were like him! OH and I are shattered

Good thing is that over the past few days it only rained a bit yesterday night. We’ve been very lucky compared to some of you.

Right…best get back ….
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon

Bright sunshine today but been really windy with it, glad I used plenty of hurricane pegs or my laundry would have disappeared

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all
                      Our job is finished. The hot press(airing cupboard) is now empty. A full floor to ceiling extra space.
                      The new water heater is an oblong shape and fits into a smaller press on the other side of the bedroom.
                      Floorboards, carpets and presses all put back in place and he hoovered before he left.
                      The old washing machine has been disconnected and will be collected when the new one arrives tomorrow..

Today's trip to town was fairly stressful, we two friends brought our other friend who has dementia for some new clothes and shoes.
                      Lots of stuff tried on and rejected, wrong colour, wrong size or just plain didnt want them.
                      Trousers tried on back to front shoes on wrong feet...the saddest thing, but we persevered and we got there in the end.

Now off to my grandsons 6th birthday party.

Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Quite a nice afternoon. We called round to drop off some things for an old friend who it was great to see and then we also met an old allotment friend by chance. Mr GF said he wasn't going to vote but when after our evening meal I told him I was going to the polling station he decided to come with me. I think he realised I was serious about "If you don't vote, don't moan".🙄

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

* passes gf a cuppa

Been awake with hayfever for over an hour so have been watching the election results.
                          Typical in that we don’t actually need to be up and about early this morning
                          Very achy at the moment but needs must - we have half a plum tree split off from the main trunk so it needs chopping up and shredding, so it’s going to be a gardening day today. I just hope the forecast remains ok so we can get on top of it.

Whats everyone’s plans for the weekend?
                          If we get on top of the gardening then I’m hoping to nip to a couple of vide greniers. Looking for a Belfast type sink for the garden in which I can wash my veggies and collect the water in a bucket which in turn can then be used to water the plants . Can’t be big, and can’t be metal…that’s a big ask…but ya never know!

Enjoy your day peeps!
                          Last edited by Nicos; 05-07-2024, 05:16 AM.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Glad you had a nice few days, Jay. And congrats on your works, Bramble and Nicos. Ours continue, a bit more apace today than yesterday. It was unbelievably hot here yesterday, so they've gone for a 6 am start this morning. Much cooler. Brunch rather than lunch, which suits me much better. And they can leave much earlier and Mr Snoop can have a proper nap. So all good. Only just light enough at 6 am already, though. Days are definitely getting shorter already.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning.

I've been awake half the night with a weird combination of an upset stomach and cramp! It seems to have settled down now. I've had a large glass of water so I'll try a mug of coffee next....kill or cure.

It isn't overly warm but the sun keeps showing itself and yesterday's gale force winds have moderated somewhat.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here. I'm going out for lunch with my son and his partner later. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X