Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all. The sun is shining and the gale force winds have died down.
    Nothing on the cards so the dsy if mine.
    My washing machine has just been delivered so looks like I'm back in business

Nicos and GF, hope you're both feeling better now.

Jay, grandkids are wonderful, especially at that age.

Snoop, hope your days work goes well.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all
      Not much to report other than it isn't raining yet, probably will when I put my washing out.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Well the food wasn't great, but the company was excellent
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon, cold but dry just now, was out for an X-ray this morning as i have had a sever pain in my back for several weeks and as it wasn't easing off i had to go to see the doctor, after being checked out and giving blood samples etc. i was sent for the X-ray, though i think it could be due to me stretching and twisting as i am installing a wooden frame inside my garage so that i can cover asbestos sheeting, cheaper than getting it removed (£4500) though i thought it would ease off a bit by now, so better safe than sorry, anyway after having the X-ray OH wanted to take me out for lunch, so i obliged her by taking her to a farm kitchen where they do very nice meals, after which she of course had to by some home baking so thats the treat for this evening, well one of them i hope, going to go out to turn my compost to see if i can get it to heat up a bit, enjoy your evening and keep smiling
          Last edited by rary; 05-07-2024, 03:36 PM.
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon

Some early morning gardening then visitors this afternoon and that’s about it for today.
            Enjoy your evening.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Spent some time today putting everything back in the presses now that the job is finished.
              Spent some time in the garden weeding and tying up the tomatoes in the greenhouse.
              My don in law came this afternoon and plumbed in the washing machine.
              All in all, a very busy and productive week.

Rary, home you get some relief from your back ache and good results from your xray.
              Have a good evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning
                Cool and due some sunshine before the rains
                Intend to sow some seeds and do whatever else I can outside. OH cut the grass last night as it got out not bad although windy, that saves a job anyway.
                Have a good day.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Morning n’alln’all
                  Very windy and chill here at the moment. We had unforecast rain overnight , and OH left his wellies outside oops.

Domestics today and some garden clearing up.

We have 1/2 plum tree split off Its covered with unripe plums. I guess I’ll be able to use a few somehow. At least I get to play with the shredder! That was unexpected.
                  The same thing happened about 5 years ago when 1/3 of the tree spilt off. The remaining trunk doesn’t look good now as there are two massive scars down the side. Poor thing, I’ll leave it and see what happens. We have 2 other plum trees but the damaged one has the sweetest fruit.

Good to hear your press is finished bramble! It’ll be nice for you to be back to normal again.
                  Sorry to hear about your back Rary. Hopefully they can sort it quickly for you. What, with your wrist/hand and that , you’ve had a bit of a rough time recently. Sorry x
                  Jay! Great to hear you had a good time with your family - I often think of you when I’m with my granddaughter- it’s fascinating seeing how much they’ve advanced in skills between each visit isn’t it?
                  Gf….hope you had a better night? No fun trying to get through the day after a rubbish night’s sleep.

Enjoy your day peeps - I’m sure I saw those smiles doing loop the loop this morning in the wind- someone’s in for a fun day!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

A wet and cool start to the day. .
                    We're dog sitting this weekend I do like having him around without the commitment of our own dog. The robins haven't been back to the nest but are still around on the garden, it looking like they've found another nest site.

enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Bright here. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all, it's bright and breezy here but its dry.
                        Nothing urgent today so a bit of gardening and house tidying.
                        Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning ...Hope everyone is all well today....Its a dull and cloudy day here today...Happy gardening peeps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawberry patch View Post
                            Good morning ...Hope everyone is all well today....Its a dull and cloudy day here today...Happy gardening peeps.
                            Nice to see you SP. Hope your growing is growing
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's supposed to be sunshine and cloud here today. No sign of any sun yet, just thick black clouds. It really looks and feels like rain, but supposedly there's only a 5% chance. Mmmmm.

As it's Saturday I've just had a croissant along with Mr GF. For some reason I could really fancy a fresh, gorgeous Danish pastry as well. (Sadly I haven't got any).

I'm going out in search of strawberries next.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

The l on my keyboard has stopped working. I'm having to do copy and paste to get it to appear. Very frustrating, and a bit odd as the typeface keeps changing.

Mr Snoop is out sourcing materials. Me, I'm holding the fort with the dog and trying not to nod off all the time. Real
                                ly enjoying the peace and quiet today. If you ignore the cicadas going mad. I've got plenty to keep me occupied this afternoon. But I think a nap is all I'm good for.

Glad you've got your washing machine sorted, Bramble. Very sorry to hear about your slabs, Nicos. And your tree. Very sad.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X