This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Mr Snoop's phone problem resolved. He found the card with PIN and PUK in the drawer that I told him to look in... All the box rummaging was a waste of time. But never mind. Disaster averted.

Builders hard at work and for once I've been keeping pace. Just got to keep it up for the rest of the day. I know exactly how you feel about your list of jobs, CG. And thanks but I'll pass on the cake. The day has started in such a rush I've had crisps and a yogurt for breakfast. Disgraceful. My only excuse is the builders arrived at 20 to 6 this morning. Twenty minutes before they were due and I've been playing catch-up ever since.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.

I'm trying to think of a gentle way of luring Mr GF out of bed quickly. We've got no rain, and even some sunshine in the forecast for today. I'd like to get the bed stripped and bedding washed and dried as the rain is due back again tonight and tomorrow. I hate washing hanging around indoors in Summer. The aroma of coffee doesn't work with him. He's a tea drinker.

Snoop, you have very enthusiastic builders. What time do they knock off?

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

5.40 Snoop?…aaaahhhhhh… and I thought 8am was bad enough! Can’t blame them though!

Off to a local diy store today then a grory hop on the way home. I was hoping to crack on with weeding the driveway…(yup again ​​​​​​)
        but it’s drizzling. My arms are still stinging from weeding the flower beds yesterday…blinking nettles!

Have a great day peeps x
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, lovely and bright today again! Going to have a morning of cleaning kitchen cupboard doors. I used to blame my son for not using handles to close doors but have found we are just as much to blame…just don’t tell him! It’s made even worse when the sun shines!! Everything looks clean then the sun shines.
          Thanks for the tea and cake CG, just what I need.
          5.40 Snoop, I’d have told them to go away!!
          Have a great day everyone and an early night Snoop, think you deserve it!
          sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all, bright and sunny here.
            New washing machine has a digital panel so it's a little bit complicated. Sure I will get the hang of it.
            Out for a walk and I will call into the library.

Jay, exactly what we were doing this morning, cleaning the doors where nobody seems to use the handles.

Snoop, what an early start but I suppose its cooler then.

Nicos, know the feeling re weeding, it's an ongoing job.
            Have a good dsy all and enjoy the sunshine if you're lucky enough to have it.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All We have sunshine. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• 6.00 am starts have been agreed. The thermometer on Thursday last week showed a high of 37 ºC in the shade (but remember the builders are nearly always in the sun). This week is due to be hotter, so an early start is essential. They finish at 2.30 pm. So an eight-hour day plus a half hour for brunch. Well over half an hour today, but Mr Snoop was glad of the rest too.

It was still pretty dark at 5.40 am, but 6.00 was OK for all the chores that need doing before work proper starts. Even so, I imagine we'll be slipping to 6.15 am on Monday next week.

Comment

• Afternoon!
                  I’m feeling pretty chuffed with myself…I called in at a bin- end shop and they had wool. Yak wool 25% , 50% wool and 25% Acrylic

Only 5 balls of each colour , so I got 5 balls of two colours. Very chuffed!…only1.60€ a ball too.what with that and my family tree research, it looks like I’m sorted now for winter! Roll on summer first though

Hope you get sorted with the instructions soon bramble. Exciting though…..

Jay…can I blame your son for my cupboard doors too please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    Afternoon

No wonder you're frustrated Snoop I hate it when things don't work how they should.
                    I'm the same Bren,but too feart to say anything to the wife
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon, a nice sunny day today so have been busy in the garden, needed to sort a roof so that i can collect water off it, no ladders involved as its a sort of lean too between the greenhouse and hut, i use it for storing the firewood, due to the strong cold wind that has been blowing here recently the ground gets dried out so i have been using a fair bit of water in the tubs and veg beds. I cut back a shrub yesterday and intended cutting back an acer today but am a bit sore from yesterday so might get it tomorrow, though i have one of the grandsons to take to the orthodontist, plus of course it may well be raining as thats two dry days we have had here which is a day more than normal, getting close to tea time and i think i need to inspect the inside of the eyelids for ten minutes, so have a pleasant evening and keep smiling
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Just to add the first post today quoting Bren, I never refer to my wife (my Other Half) as " the wife , " i wouldn't dare

Comment

• Evening

It’s been a shorts and t-shirt day just turning coolish so home and indoors thinking about making a start on dinner.
                          So I hope you’ve all been sharing my nice weather.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I've been sharing your weather Bren, was rather hot tbh. I didn't put shorts on though as I couldn't be bothered to change.

Snoop is it always done that builders get fed on jobs?
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Evening!
                              Its suddenly got warmer this evening…much warmer than this afternoon. Let’s hope it stays that way for a while at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                                Snoop is it always done that builders get fed on jobs?
                                No. But in this instance it seemed reasonable. Otherwise they would have an hour and a half round journey if they wanted to go home for lunch. Plus, it led to a reduction in the day rate.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X