This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rary View Post
    Just to add the first post today quoting Bren, I never refer to my wife (my Other Half) as " the wife , " i wouldn't dare
    I thought you were living dangerously, Rary.

Also, very glad to hear no ladders were involved in your earlier work. More than a mite concerned about the asbestos. Just have to trust you know what you're doing about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

No. But in this instance it seemed reasonable. Otherwise they would have an hour and a half round journey if they wanted to go home for lunch. Plus, it led to a reduction in the day rate.
      Unlike here then where they bring it wih them.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all
        Have been outside pottering before the weather goes downhill. Alot of rain in the forecast. Talk about from one extreme to the other again, yesterday was hot and no breeze, today its to be torrential rain and an east wind

Rary I agree about the asbestos , it really isn't something to be dealing with.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Heavy rain today so I'd better swap my shorts for waterproofs if I want to be out and about.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Evening!
            Its suddenly got warmer this evening…much warmer than this afternoon. Let’s hope it stays that way for a while at least.
            Ha!….woken up to heavy rain Spoke too soon.
            I noticed my first courgette is growing- perhaps we should record the speed at which they grow as a measure of temperature and rain…” The forecast for this next week will be 6cm courgette growth per day”

Looks like I’ll be ironing at some point today. Might even give the large fridge in the barn a Spring Clean The garden veggies fruit etc get stored in there so it can get a bit soil/ mud splattered.

Haven’t spotted the smiles yet today Snoop…are they helping the builders? They had a close inspection of my patio yesterday….

Whatever you get up to, enjoy your day…
            Last edited by Nicos; 09-07-2024, 07:15 AM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All It started raining here late last night and it's still pouring. Yearly bloods at the GP this morning. Asbestos? Caused us 6 months of disruption. Hope you know what you're dealing with Rary Have a good day All
              Last edited by Florence Fennel; 09-07-2024, 08:41 AM.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

What a change in the weather. I'm glad that I took advantage of the sunshine yesterday and got two loads of bedding and towels more or less dry.

I think that it was the sound of the rain hammering on my bedroom window that woke me up in the early hours (while it was still dark)... and then kept me awake.

Comment

• Mid morning all as I had to be out unexpectedly early.
                  My friends car wouldnt start so she called on me...all done now.
                  What a wicked day, lashing rain and cold with it.
                  A domestics day for me.
                  Enjoy your day whatever you're up to.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, well it was a lovely start to the day but it’s gone dull and windy with rain expected. What a summer!
                    Domestics here too to make up for the lazy Sunday and Monday.
                    Yes Nicos, blame my son for anything you like!!
                    Have a great day everyone. x
                    sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, domestics here as well, taking a break just now and doing some crocheting.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Thought I'd posted this morning, but evidently not.

We had a nice lot of rain early this morning, which has done the garden a lot of good, the plants all look brighter for it. It's very warm too, which will no doubt kickstart blight in places. Swings and roundabouts.

I have given the freezer a good clean out. It's amazing how much more space there is once all the accumulated frost is removed. I've decided instead of freezing this year's surplus fruit and veg in plastic food bags I shall invest in some containers (from that Cumbrian store). They look to be just the right size for 2 portions of veg. Still plastic alas, but longer lasting and easier to wash and re-use. And they will stack neatly in the freezer.

I've also been recipe browsing on the web, looking for desserts made with milk that I can make for my mum. Has anyone ever made queen of puddings? It sounds quite nice, but I'm not sure, as it's made with breadcrumbs, whether it would be just a stodgy fruitless bread pudding.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

I thought you were living dangerously, Rary.

Also, very glad to hear no ladders were involved in your earlier work. More than a mite concerned about the asbestos. Just have to trust you know what you're doing about that.
                          There's a first time for everything Snoop
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon, a dull blustery start this morning , but as I was taking one of the grandsons to the orthodontist followed by taking OH shopping it wasnt too bad, we now have rain again, so no work in the garden today, fortunately i got my grass cut yesterday so quite glad about that I have lifted some potatoes for this evenings tea and now need to consider what i will plant in the cleared ground, i do have some leeks ready for transplanting along with some cabbages,but reckon the weather must improve so thinking of trying for more beetroot, ah decisions decisions, you women dont know how lucky you are when you have a man there to keep you right with that I'm off just in case any of you women have a way of tracing where i live
                            Have a good evening and remember to pass on some smiles
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                              I've also been recipe browsing on the web, looking for desserts made with milk that I can make for my mum. Has anyone ever made queen of puddings? It sounds quite nice, but I'm not sure, as it's made with breadcrumbs, whether it would be just a stodgy fruitless bread pudding.
                              I made it once. It was okay, but Mr GF said he'd rather have a Bakewell tart or a lemon meringue pie. (I agree). I haven't made it since.

For milky puds I make milk jelly or rice or sago puddings.
                              Last edited by greenishfing; 09-07-2024, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Evening

Mothhawk what about a custard tart they always go down well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X