Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a big egg custard and rice pud fan. But would something like a fool made with puréed dried apricots mixed with yogurt or cream also fit the bill, mothhawk? Or what about a posset if cream is OK?

Comment

• You know I'd never had posset until last year.
      mmmmmmmmm

Weather wasn't as bad as forecast but still drizzly and damp. Had an indoors day anyway.

Ps what about lemon pudding? I've had that.
      Last edited by Containergardener; 09-07-2024, 07:27 PM.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Builders hard at work. Mr Snoop having a few hours extra kip - he got in at 3.00 am after driving all the way back from a concert a couple of hundred km away. And I'm pretending to work, but better start doing it for real!

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Some garden tidying after yesterday heavy rain then Grory Hop at some point its seems to have come around quick this week.

Enjoy your day
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            Cir blimey…it’s not raining!!!! Looks like today is the gardening day after all
            At least all my ironing is now out of the way.

MH…never tried queen of puddings, sorry.
            The Mary Berry recipe looks lovely - even without the meringue. Using brioche bread as she suggests would surely make it turn out it less bready ?
            Are you looking at yummy recipe pies which also are high in calcium/ easy to eat?….I spotted this Japanese recipe a while back and thought I’d try it out sometime…( looks a bit lighter than posset)
            https://kirbiecravings.com/japanese-milk-pudding/
            I bet you could add a fruit compote for variety?
            One of my favourites with the lightest ‘sponge’ ever is lemon self saucing pudding ( as CG has suggested)
            https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipe...prise-pudding/
            ( the lemon flavour is really powerful so maybe less zest if that could be off- putting?)

Hmmm…just the thought of all those is making me hungry!..

Enough of food!….​​​​​​…..I need to shake a leg and get the bed linen washed before heading into the garden…
            Enjoy your day peeps!

3am Snoop?…good man

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzly here, but the sun is peeking through. My youngest GG is taking me out to lunch today as a belated birthday treat. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Incredibly, it's still raining here with a cool 13 degs.
                Some domestics and errands this morning.
                A visit to my sister this afternoon, her husband passed 4 weeks ago and she is quite literally shattered.

Snoop, that must have been done concert to keep Mr Mr Snoop out so late.

Enjoy your lunch out Flo.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all
                  Thought I would get out walking while it wasn't raining- still ended up soaked
                  Just watched something on the Internet of a hot croissant being filled with chocolate sauce and an icecream magnum
                  My diet needs to start asap.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

People are doing all kinds of things to croissants that really don't appeal to me. And that is one of them. I could go with cake with hot chocolate sauce and a magnum, but not a croissant. Call me old-fashioned, but there it is!

Like the sound of the self-saucing pudding, mind. I've seen recipes for that and wondered if it would really work. I shall give it a go, seeing as it gets your seal of approval, Nicos.

Mr Snoop really did enjoy the concert, Bramble. But what kept him out so late was the fact that he drove maybe 250 km and more afterwards to get home. I expected him to stay somewhere overnight and return today rather than last night.

Comment

• Good afternoon all.

It's grey here today, but not raining.....yet. Yesterday was pretty much non stop rain, drizzle at times and torrential on and off. We had a proper thunderstorm in the early evening.

Snoop, I agree about croissants. I want them on their own or with jam and always with strong coffee. I remember, years ago, travelling through France and Mr GF ordered a coffee and croissant in some out of the way cafe. He then asked if they'd got any jam and they brought out a big tub of the most gorgeous homemade jam. I had to stop him running off with it. We used to love packing up the car, getting on a ferry or going through the tunnel and just wandering, with very few plans, for a couple of weeks. Always outside of school holidays.

I've just been writing a shopping list as the fridge is looking a bit bare. I think a grory hop is next on my list.

Ooooohhhh! The sun had just peeped through!

Comment

• Afternoon

Grory hop went of ok we went a bit earlier than usual so it was busier, not Thursday morning busy though. I also like my croissant with just butter and sometime with jam raspberry jams the best.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Did a grory hop this morning, then took a few photos of my hollyhocks. I grew single flowered packet seeds last year, and the few that came up were all single pink. I collected their seeds and scattered them and this year quite a selection have come up. As well as pink ones, I have deep cerise, semi-double white, and a double deep pink and white that is sort of stripey like a rosa mundi rose. I'm impressed!

Thanks for all the milk pudding suggestions. Perhaps I'll give the queen of puddings a miss then, GF. I do make self-saucing pudding and egg custards sometimes, and fools on special occasions (especially gooseberry) but I was looking for someting a bit different. The Japanese pudding sounded interesting but is basically just a milk jelly. Most other milk pudding recipes I've seen turn out to be nothing more than blancmange or junket. And don't tempt me with cream recipes!
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning
                            Rather grey here and grey seems to be the colour choice of the day.
                            Yesterday the forecast was back to front , the no rain became torrential and the torrential became warm and sunny.
                            Going to tackle the grory hop today. Whether I do anything outside later we shall see.
                            I do have a cushion cover to finish though (inside not outside).
                            Enjoy your day.
                            Kettle has boiled.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

You fancy sharing some photos of your hollyhocks, Mothhawk? They sound lovely.

Building work progressing at a fast pace this morning. But me, I can barely get going. Really must give myself a good talking-to. Can't even decide what we're having for brunch today, I'm so befuddled. If anyone has some spare mojo, please could you send it my way as mine has gone awol.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

We have a warmer, dry start to the day!. No sun, but heck….its July, it’s warm, it’s not raining….cant complain

We have friends popping over later this morning for a coffee. Not seen them for a while so it’ll be lovely to catch up.
                                I brought back from the uk a bag of requested shopping so I guess they will be equally happy in anticipation of munching their way their way through those too

Your hollyhocks sound fantastic MH.
                                There’s a garden on the way to my local town which has a run of about 20 feet of mixed coloured ones and it always looks stunning.

Oi you lot!…all this chatter about croissants!…some of us are trying to diet here!
                                ( My favourite are the day old ones which are filled with almond paste, sprinkled with flaked almonds , squashed at some point, and sprinkled with icing sugar and then sold)
                                The normal ones are also rather yummy made into a ham salad sandwich

Sorry to hear about your sister bramble, but glad you are there for her. Things must feel so surreal at the moment for her. Sad times.

Busy day ahead for me once our friends gave gone, so I best crack on…
                                Enjoy your day peeps - remember to be kind to yourself .

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X