Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ”Seeing as it’s going to rain “ says he….”maybe a good idea to get some of the fruit glut out of the way?” ….I’ve been in the kitchen all morning and the sun is still shining
    Plum ( last years) and blackcurrant is the next batch on the go, but just stopping for a brew if anyone fancies one?
    Sorry - got no cake to go with it…

Nasty shock indeed there for your sister bramble. So sorry x

Out of interest, what is the going rate for the tooth fairy these days?
    France has a tooth mouse, not a fairy!….what do they have in Spain Snoop?

Quite a young church there bramble? Even so, I hope the day goes well - does everyone take a cake offering? Sounds yummy! Enjoy - I’m sure there will be a good turn out!.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon, dry with occasional sunny intervals though a lot of cloud about and a cool wind blowing, did some shopping this morning, but now going out to the garden so wishing you all a pleasant day and hope you enjoy your garden
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Still not rained
        Oh well , at least I got motivated into jam making.

Comment

• Cup of tea time here now, so do have some cake - I've made a chocolate vanilla marble loaf.
          The tooth fairy cost me a packet when my GGs were small. They saved their teeth to bring to Nanny's, because my son in law convinced them that she only had my address!
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Again good afternoon, just got a phone call from the surger to let me know that the doctor has the results of my Xray, so have now got an appointment for a phone consultation with the doctor for 31st. July, just hope its nothing serious
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              The tooth fairy cost me a packet when my GGs were small. They saved their teeth to bring to Nanny's, because my son in law convinced them that she only had my address!
              Oh yes!!!!…so funny!

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                Again good afternoon, just got a phone call from the surger to let me know that the doctor has the results of my Xray, so have now got an appointment for a phone consultation with the doctor for 31st. July, just hope its nothing serious
                Nah…don’t worry - if it was really serious you’d surely be Hospital by now?
                No point in worrying Rary - I’m guessing they’d be seeing you in person asap rather than a phone consultation if it were something awful.
                Good to hear though that the wheels are finally in progress

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                  Again good afternoon, just got a phone call from the surger to let me know that the doctor has the results of my Xray, so have now got an appointment for a phone consultation with the doctor for 31st. July, just hope its nothing serious
                  When my husband has had really unexpected/bad test results he has been called back in person to our surgery within 24 hours, and in hospital more or less immediately on one occasion. I work on the theory that anything not immediate and not in person shouldn't worry us. Reflecting on this thought.....am I actually an optimist?

Comment

Cup of tea time here now, so do have some cake - I've made a chocolate vanilla marble loaf.
                    That really made me laugh Flo, thanks.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I agree with the others Rary for anything serious they would have had you at the surgery instead of waiting almost 3 weeks for phone consultation.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Cup of tea time here now, so do have some cake - I've made a chocolate vanilla marble loaf.
                        I think your son in law must have a great sense of humour. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

• I'm laughing at the tooth fairy comments. My mum still doles out for great grandkids now

Oh goodness bramble , thats so sad for your sister.
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Evening all.

Just to let you know, and gloat, I'll be late on parade tomorrow. Saturday means no builders means no alarm clock going off at 5.00 am. I'm exhausted...

And yes, Rary, fingers crossed but unlikely to be serious if it's a phone consultation with the doctor nigh-on three weeks for now. Big hug, though, as I'm sure I'd be worried in your position.

Comment

• Good night all.
                              Busy day here, lots of different jobs accomplished.
                              The tooth fairy left €6 euro...his mam said the fairy leaves €1 euro for every year...he was very happy.

Rary, I agree with others, if it was serious you would be called into hospital.

Snoop, enjoy your well deserved lie in tomorrow morning.

Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Nicos, yes indeed, a young church.
                                The old one is still standing beside it and is used as a community centre.
                                My grandparents were married in the old one in 1908
                                The new one was built because the old one was too small.

All refreshments will be supplied free of charge, but we do contribute regularly each Sunday.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X