Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning (just) , feeling a bit flat and down at the moment, grey skies again.
    Will potter outside.
    Northern England.

Comment

• Sending you happy vibes CG, hope the pottering brings some smiles x
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Aww…CG…. * passes her a brew and a hug.

We’ve just been having thunderstorms here so managed a few minutes weeding before the heavens opened again…. I sort of feel very frustrated that we’re not at all on top of things in the garden and at this rate Autumn will be here before I’ve even finished the Spring clear up
        ​​​​​​ Think we need a good dose of sunshine don’t we?
        Pottering outside is good…you’ll get on top of a heck of a lot of little jobs - good call!

Anyway…Yorkshire Pudding with tonight’s supper. Thanks my comfort food for today. Won’t help the diet but I’ll thoroughly enjoy it
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^^^^ add crumble for pud too
          ( at least I’ve cleared some of the older fruit from the freezer!…not a lot but every bit counts at the moment!)

Comment

• Good evening all.
            What you said about autumn Nicos.
            The leaves on the chestnut tree behind out house are all turning brown, cant quite believe it.
            We have had no summer so it's hard to stay upbeat all the time.

Went for a long walk and called in to the library.
            Spent the afternoon pottering and weeding.
            My dahlias are very slow to flower this year.
            Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• We did reach 21°C early this afternoon...but then the St Swithin's day rain began and the temperature plummeted back to "normal". To be fair if we get 40 days of rain we won't notice the difference!

Nicos, Yorkshire puddings and crumble. That sounds like proper Winter grub.

Comment

• Bramble- it’s very early for that chestnut tree to be going brown. Is it a sweet chestnut?I wonder if it’s diseased? I’ve seen more and more like that over the past few years.

gf…it felt like decent winter food was in order today, especially when it started thundering and the wind kicked up big style.
                I have photos of me as a nipper on our summer holidays on the beach at Blackpool or St Anne’s… .Wearing woolly tights and a balaclava It’s been that sort of weather for weeks now- even here. Apart from the odd day.
                I was only saying last week that we’ve been carefully choosing drought resistant perennials over the past three years to cut down on the never ending watering of recent years. Water logging seems to be the problem now Seems a bit bonkers at the moment having several thousand litres of collected rainwater on standby for our annual drought.
                ​​​​​​….but…ya never know!

Comment

• Morning
                  Thanks for the tea, vibes and hug. Still a bit
                  The sun is trying and I have been outside feeding greenhouse and harvested some things. More torrential rain forecast for this afternoon, garden seem to be in a constant state of 'drenched' . At least I don't need to water.
                  I think the blackbirds must be on another brood as there seems to be alot of worm collecting going on.
                  Hope to get some further outside tlc this morning , even if its harvesting or seed sowing/pricking out salads.
                  Kettle has boiled (as always)
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

I think we've got everyone's summers here all at once. I'd very gladly return them if I could. I've asked the smiles if they could send you a special delivery of sunshine, CG, but they say the best they can do is do try and do a synchronised dance to form a sun in their yellow sou'westers. From the sound of the rain you're all getting, though, it might turn into more of a synchronised swim than a dance, but they hope it will do.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.

14°C and chucking it down here. It feels decidedly chilly. The rain woke me up at 4am. It was bashing the bedroom window. I suppose one compensation for all the rain is that there is so much green everywhere. I feel sorry for anyone who's gone camping with children for their holidays this year. My idea of hell.

Guess what I found on a rug in our bedroom last night. A small SLUG!!. How on earth it had got there I really don't know. I blamed Mr GF, of course. Well it was at his side of the bed. It got flushed!🚽 I just hope that it was a solitary one, and his whole family aren't lurking somewhere. I've seen horror films with ants, bees, rats etc but never "Revenge of the slugs"

Comment

• I must be getting nesh! I've just put the heating on. Is it really July?

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          Dull and breezy here. Looks like we’re heading for a three day mini heatwave in the next few days too
                          I guess 30C though does sound a bit tame to you Snoop?
                          Still, it’s welcome.
                          What temperatures are you forecast?

gf….yuk!…you can blame Hibou- she often wanders in with a small slug stuck to her tummy/ tail.
                          Talking of yuk…..I had to remove a tick from OH’s tummy yesterday. Goodness knows how it got up there, it’s not like he’s been lying down on the grass. Just keeping an eye on it now incase it Bulls Eyes
                          We had a ‘revenge of the slugs’ in our first house…all over the kitchen…turned out they were coming in through the cavity wall/ drain outlet gap which hadn’t been properly sealed and were hiding behind the back of the fitted cupboards near the warmth of the back of the fridge.

Today for me? Well, certainly the grory hop I had planned to do yesterday, then gentle pottering in the garden. Lots to deadhead although I’m keen on keeping some mature seed heads ( oxeye daisies, granny bonnets- that sort of thing)

I had noticed the plums on the broken 1/2 trunk are slowly maturing. It looks like the ‘branch’ is still alive so we’ve left it on the ground for now - still attached to the tree. A crop of ripe plums and wood for the fire pit will come in handy at least.

Bit of domestics now to start the day and then I need to seriously address myself back into diet mode. Pah.

Enjoy your day…were those the smiles flashing by earlier Snoop?…I thought the yellow flash was the sun trying to peep through.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                            I must be getting nesh! I've just put the heating on. Is it really July?
                            Yup…and just to cheer you up even more….in 6 weeks it’s September….

I’m planning on an Indian Summer…yup - right into October. Well…a gal can dream cant she?

Comment

• It's not cold here, it's very clammy. Was sweaty on the walk.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzling again. I'm at the doctor's this afternoon for a repeat blood test, so will just potter about till then. It's the first time I've grown dahlias Bramble and I was worried that they haven't yet flowered so you've given me hope! There are some red leaves on a cherry tree across the road and I've even spotted a couple on my Acer! Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X