• Good Morning All Excited Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I’m rather excited for you too Flo!

Enjoy your day…it’s a special one xx
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. Special big grin and a good morning to Flo. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Feels like I'm on holiday today. No work, only a few odd jobs and then out for a big lunch with everyone in the village born in the same year. Always a good do. But we're clearly all getting much older, as the first and second of these events (held ever five years, first one fifteen years ago) were much more ambitious than lunch and a Spotify list of songs to dance to afterwards! Anyway, still spritely enough to shake a leg or two, though not both at the same time, I suspect.

I think a lot of the smiles will be fluttering about with Flo, but I've given them strict instructions to share the attention with others. Unless they get caught up in any bunting about in France, you should notice them, Nicos, as they insisted on new sou'westers in blue, white and red for the Olympics.

Have a great day, everyone.
        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 27-07-2024, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• ^^^^^ You do make me chuckle Snoop !

Comment

• Good morning all, just dull and down to 14 degs.

Snoop, what a novel event and a really lovely get together.

Flo, I feel so excited for you, I remember going with my daughter to choose her wedding dress.

Not a lot happening here, most of my family, children and grandchildren flew out to Athens this morning where they will board a cruise ship, so it will be quiet for the next couple of weeks.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning (just) all.

Not the best start to the day. Somehow my shower curtain escaped from the bath while I was having my shower. I ended up with a mini flood. I suppose the good thing is I now have a super clean bathroom floor. I also have a few soggy towels!

I'm going out shortly to do some shopping for my brother in law. Nothing exciting like a wedding dress though .

No rain forecast today but I think the weathermen might be wrong.

Comment

• OK. I’m back. My family and I have had a horrendous 14 months. It’s so specific I can’t explain it on here but it culminated in my youngest son (40) having a massive heart attack due to the stress. He flatlined 2x in front of me just after the ambulance arrived. He’s now on meds for the rest of his life and we’ve had a radical change of diet. I’m just glad he was staying with me that night and not in his own home on his own.

Anyway, as he can’t run his business at the moment he’s decided to help me finish the work I’ve been doing in the house and garden. The poly tunnel is now recovered and full of plants. The new patio in front of the summerhouse is being laid as we speak. The neighbours are intrigued. I’ll post piccies when it’s finished. I’ve come indoors for a cuppa as it got too warm to work.

I’ve finished my tea so back off outside. Laters.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Very scary experience JanieB …so sorry to hear that, but as you say, thank goodness you were with him xx

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Janie, hope things carry on improving.

I've had the most marvellous time! We found "the one" after many reveals, very similar to the first one she tried. So different from her normal style. It's ivory, chic and sophisticated. She had insisted that she wasn't going to wear a veil until she tried one with the dress. Her sisters, her future Mother in Law and myself were all in tears! Took over 3 hours, but we were all surprised that she found it when the trip was supposed to be a trying on session only. It was sad that her mum is no longer with us to see her.

We went for a long lunch afterwards and now I'm shattered, but very happy, she'll look stunning.
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Fantastic news Flo…so glad you were able to support her and be part of her special day
                      Definitely a day to remember x

Comment

• Good memory for you today Flo, glad it was so good
                        ​​​​​​Good evening, I have spent most of the day in the garden, I cleaned out the area where i had the autumn planted onions, now raked down to make a seed bed and intend to sow some seeds tomorrow, I also potted up a number of fuchsia plants, though still anithe half dozen to do if I have time i will get that done tomorrow, now going to find something on the telly to watch , and uf nothing worth watching read a book enjoy the rest of the evening and find something to smile about😊😊😊
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Wow Flo, delighted to hear you had such a special day . I am sure it was very emotional.

JanieB, sorry to hear you have been going through such a rough time, hopefully better times ahead,

The weather stayed good and I was delighted to see lots of bees and teo butterflies in the garden.
                          Hopefully it will continue.

Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

I think I'm going to get up and make coffee because I've been awake for hours and despite the fact that my bed feels lovely and comfy I'm just not sleepy. I can't even blame the full moon.

I hate being awake at this time of day ..... nobody to talk to. Mr GF is fast asleep and I've resisted the temptation to give him a shake.

The weathermen were right yesterday, with no rain. I was wrong. My aching hands misled me. Today is supposed to get up to 25 or 26°C, and again no rain.

Good to hear that your shopping trip was so successful, Flo. When's the wedding?

Janie, I hope things are improving for your family now.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                              …mornin gf….I’d offer you my ironing if you’re twiddling your thumbs….​​​​​​…..but I finished it all off yesterday!

Did you get back to sleep in the end?

Not sure what today involves but I found a recipe for plum and mulled wine jam…think I’d prefer Clementine marmalade for Xmas though…
                              *** Miss Miss …she said the ‘C’ word already

There is a vide grenier nearby so might just nip to that if it doesn’t rain.
                              Might go and start stacking the firewood at our woodyard….
                              No doubt OH will help me decide!

Enjoy your day peeps…

Comment

• JanieB I'm pleased to hear things are improving, hopefully they will continue the same way. Good to hear your growing area and patio is coming along too.

Oh Flo I'm sure that was an emotional day for her without her mum but lovely you were all there with her.

What you sowing into your new bed Rary.

Ooh butterflies Bramble

GF we too had rubbish sleep, both of us and no idea why. Dog seemed to have no bother, I could her snoring and was downstairs.

Oh I wonder if you will find a purchase Nicos, feel free to do my ironing if you get bored of wood stacking.

The forecasts show Sun but its cloudy, off to the farm shop as OH wants to bbq a chicken again. Will call in on my mam and take her some of my potatoes, salad and spring onions and a friend's with some pots.
                                ​​​​​​​
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X