This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Bright and breezy here, a good day to get the laundry dry.

Mothhawk, you were lucky to get a doctor to do a house call.. we are referred to the clinic or A and E,
    Hope your mama foot heals up soon.

Snoop, I dont think I would be able to sleep until I found that spider.

No invasion of anything here but the b....y squirrel has had most of my raspberries, strawberries and the small apples from my trees.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• mothhawk you did well to get a visit. Lucky to speak to anyone on the phone here.
      What a palaver with the flowers though, amazing how everything survived eventually.

Not a fan of spiders but I can get them outside now.

Nicos I love to have flowers in the house. Currently have a bunch of sweetpeas in 5 rooms and will pick more today.
      Alot of flowers are not out yet like cosmos, rudbeckia and echinacea
      Northern England.

Comment

• I rarely cut flowers from the garden for the house, but my GGs bring me flowers every week so there are always flowers in one room at least.

I'm just grappling with the bed change. Why do the duvet covers have so many buttons to fiddle with? I much prefer the French envelope style, but I haven't any of those now. I'm almost tempted to go back to blankets and an eiderdown, they must be easier!
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Its been lovely and sunny here along with a fair breeze so its perfect for drying laundry and going out for a stroll.

I don't usually cut garden flowers but I do like sweet peas in the house they look pretty and smell nice.

MH I hope your mums foot heals without problems.
          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 09-08-2024, 04:36 PM.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening,it has been cold and wet here today, daughter has wanted to do up her kitchen and had ordered stuff from b&q had cleared out her kitchen and disconnected her gas hob and got the gas sealed off, only to get the delivery from b&q with stuff missing so after several phone calls she finished up telling them to come back and collect their delivery, so she asked her mum and I to come with her to pick an other kitchen but i decided that the two of them could go without me I was asked what i was going to do so said i would be potting on some plants, I then received strict instructions not to be going on to the garage roof, I told OH that I had too much to do so wouldnt benear the roof, you better not, I was told, so off they went, as it wasnt raining I decided to finish off the woodwork on the roof, got it finished and repositioned some securing stakes but had to speed up a bit as the rain started again fortunately iwas almost finished anyway but did finish up being soaked came diwn off the roof put the ladders away and headed to the greenhouse had just opened the door and stepped in when I heard OH calling me from the back door, had she been ten minutes earlier she would have hit the roof(possible not the best expression to use when you think on it😁) so OH quite happy that she didn't see me up ladders, me quite happy she didnt catch me up the ladders, so,no arguments here, at present there is heavy rain so wont be outside tonight, think i will look out a book and do some reading, enjoy you night and be happy 🙂🙂🙂
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
              A beautiful sunny day here but a really strong breeze.
              It flattened a couple of my dahlias, so now I have staked them up.
              The laundry dried in double quick time with the breeze, so all good.
              My daughter called in the 3vening so we went BlackBerry picking

Rary, you really are living dangerously, you know you'll never be trusted if you're caught up on that roof.

Have a good evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all.
                Thank you for all the kind wishes for my mum.

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                Mothhawk, you were lucky to get a doctor to do a house call.. we are referred to the clinic or A and E,
                Hope your mama foot heals up soon.
                My mum is classed as housebound, so they come out to see her when necessary. We really do get a good service from our surgery. I phoned at 8.15am and the automated system said I was number 24 in the queue, but there is an automatic call-back system so I don't have to hang on the line.

I grow sweet peas just for cutting for the house. I love the scent, and they evoke happy childhood memories as my grandpa always grew lots for the house.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• I love sweetpeas too mothhawk . I plan to grow more next year. Do you have a favourite?
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Brilliant service for your mom MH. The relief of the burst abscess must be so much more comfortable for her. I guess it’s now a matter of checking it’s healing properly?

Mrs Mop day for me tomorrow- going to be a really busy day so it’s just a matter of head down and cracking on.. At least I got more weeding done today
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning
                      Feel free to come Mrs Mop here Nicos

Sun is in and out and a bit blowy again, just happy if it's dry tbh. Hoping to do some garden tasks again. Yesterday I just harvested really.
                      Brew?
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Cloudy but warm here. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

No sun here at the moment, but we're forecast a hot few days, with possible thunderstorms on Monday.

My job for this morning will be unpacking and putting my brother in law's new wheelchair together for him. Although he hasn't bothered to let me know it has arrived, I have the evidence on my phone. (Photo of him receiving it).

I was just thinking how wonderful the cameras are on smartphones now. Our first digital camera was bulky, low resolution and ate batteries. Although I loved my old 35mm cameras (back in the dark ages), it was awful waiting for ever to have photos developed, which could cost a small fortune, and then I would often find lots of blurry, headless messes. Maybe I was just an awful photographer.

Comment

• Quick pop in for a brew- help yourselves! Had to make a fresh brew cg- but thanks for the offer.
                            I’ve just done a quick gathering of more mirabelle windfalls…another 7kg overnight

Sounds like your photography skills are much like mine gf.
                            We always used to get two sets of photos when our kids were young - and share them between their grandparents.As you say though…so many were blurry

Right…cooled down now ( yup it’s 24 C here at the moment and getting hotter by the minute) so …back to the slog - I have a choice later of ironing or helping to point the patio….bet you can guess which one is drawing me……
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              the sun is out but it's still very breezy.
                              Out for lunch later with some family members who have just returned from holiday.

Mothhawk, good to know your mam was able to avail of a house call.
                              I hope her foot is getting better now that the abscess has burst.

Have a good day all and enjoy the sunshine.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Sorry about this, Rary, but I'm going to have to read you the riot act, but with good intentions and your best interests at heart.

Going up a ladder and onto the roof when you're the only one in the house isn't sensible, even if it keeps you out of trouble. If you had had an accident, there would have been no-one there to notice. I know an accident is unlikely, but they do happen. Your wife and daughter would have felt awful if something had happened and they weren't there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X