X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Bright and sunny here but just 14 degs.
    We had lots of rain and gale force winds but it passed over during the night.
    I secured anything loose in my garden last night so akk still in fact.

Rary, dont even mention technology, it's like trying to untangle a ball of string.

GF, hope nothing in your garden was damaged.

Stay safe all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240822_145958.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	663.6 KB
ID:	2584054 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240822_145908.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	607.7 KB
ID:	2584050 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240822_145933.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	687.3 KB
ID:	2584051 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240822_150046.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	700.0 KB
ID:	2584052
      Attached Files
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Trying again,I don't like the idea of not being able to do something, know how I feel not being able I to do housework properly😋
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Well done on your perseverance Rary, good pictures

Seems to be very windy again, quite a few roads were flooded due to rivers and streams flooding into fields.
          Shopping done for us and mam who is still having trouble with her back.
          Don't think I will be doing much else today.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Great pictures rary
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I can see your photos Rary, thanks for not giving up
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks for the encouragement girls😊 I have come back on to say that if anyone is thinking of using the artificial hedging, personally I would not recommend it, I am trying to cut back on plastic use and also remove and bin any bits of plastic I come across in the garden, and the most prevalent is plastic from the artificial hedge, I,am considering removing the lot and possibly replace it with artificial grass, I know Icould replace it with a hedge but would mean a lot of work, and to get it to the hight I would want I doubt if I have the time to reach it🙄 and no I dont mean I am too old,I was thinking what if I moved😁
                Iwas out in the back garden moving the pile of onions into the greenhouse, I,was thinking that I would just move some and hang them up for drying, but decided to get them all inside then hang them, no sooner had them in when we got torrential rain, got them all hung then got absolutely soaked just heading for the house, enjoy your evening whatever your weather and remember the smiles 🙂🙂🙂
                V

Comment

• Wow Rary, a super lot of onions there. What variety, and did you grow them from seed.
                  We also had a significant downpour this evening.
                  Finally the garden looks like its parking up.
                  Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• An interesting day, partly spent watching British workmen doing the modern day equivalent of leaning on their shovels and taking their time deciding how to do a job. Nowadays the smartphone seems to have replaced the shovel....and I'm sure the 'elf and safety brigade were out in force.

The tree that fell in the early morning was actually only half a tree. It seems to have split more or less down the middle. There were two telecom vans here this morning. I was impressed until I realised all they were doing was taking photos and gathering up some of the wires. Then the serious workers arrived: three vans and two wagons. All the "workmen" congregated under the tree, chatted for a couple of hours, spent time on their 'phones and kept looking at the tree. Eventually a couple of workmen put up some scaffolding where a gutter had been pulled down by the falling tree and the rest watched. Finally a truck took away the smaller of the logs and everyone disappeared leaving half a tree and a
                    telephone pole still without wires. Some things never, ever change......

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                      Bit early I know so I’ll just tiptoe around.
                      Still no bird calls…deffo getting later and later.
                      Oh…I stand corrected- there’s the first one…buzzard I think….oh and a wren….

Which reminds me , the other day I heard a cuckoo. Not heard one for weeks and I guess I just thought about their arrival in Spring and calling for a mate. So I had a bit of a goooogle and discovered the adults lay their eggs then head back to Africa. This would have been one of those chicks . How amazing to think this youngster just knows to fly to Africa…on its own maybe?

Rary - fantastic photos!…thanks for sharing- and a massive thumbs up sorting out how to post them…tripilly impressed… well done- and thanks.

Time for a brew?…Hibou is bouncing around purring her head off - I best feed her and let her out!

Enjoy your day peeps- what’s everyone up to this Bank Holiday?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning
                        Currently raining here and we don't need anymore.
                        Forecasts seem to vary from rainy to sunny so will just wait and see.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Fantastic photos, Rary. What's your round fire-chimenea made from. Some people here turn gas bottles into fires like that. Me, I'd be scared of residual gas in the bottle. Lovely onions too.

Hope your gardens survived the strong winds yesterday. How did your windsock fare, Bren?

Well, having said no weather reports the other day, some enormous storm clouds passed overhead very slowly. So slowly we had plenty of time to batten down the hatches before they sailed on by. But we were lucky. The lightning started a couple of forest fires in a nearby village. Our weather forecast for today has three alerts: rain, storm and heatwave. I think it'll be the last one that we'll get

On the cards for today: a bit of watering, a bit of dog walking, a bit of work and a bit of tidying. Not sure if I'll get a nap in today, but with any luck yes.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Lots of rain here again. Pity really as the is a large air show commemorating the end of the battle within the Falaise pocket.
                            Me?…well, Tis a Mrs Mop day again.
                            If time, I want to rake up some of the dead leaves on the driveway…the Autumnal fall looks like it’s starting.I wonder why some leaves go yellow/ brown well before the rest of the tree?

Comment

• One thing I was thinking about yesterday was that usually in the summer I’m carrying washing up bowls outside to water the flowers and shrubs. They’ve not needed it this year.
                              I hate pouring fairly clean water down the drain!

Comment

• Morning

Rain here for the day with thunder later. Not a good start for a bank holiday weekend.

Our little windsocks looking a bit battered Snoop but still hanging on, we have plenty of tent fabric so he'll get replaced eventually.

enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X