Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon,raining again, definitely the poorest summer that I can remember, though possibly some of you older grapes may remember poorer summers🙄, I collected the dogs earlier and brought them down to my house, I let them out the back for a time then decided to take them a walk, have to keep Rose close to me as she is in season, fortunately no other dogs about while I was out, and returning to the house the rain started fortunately was just home when the heavens opened, rain is off now and a bit of sunshine , so no doubt sunshine and showers for today, I think I will just have a lazy day today as I don't feel very motivated just now, have a good day and try and find something to smile about🙂🙂🙂
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon all.

I've just been and done a supermarket shop. Still no uncooked, frozen croissants in Aldi which upset Mr GF, not that we're in imminent danger of running out.

We've still got Openreach engineers up telephone poles here. Last night we also had four gas vans here. I have no idea what else has gone wrong now.

Comment

• Just finished packing for our trip to the uk…early night and morning.fr for us…but will see you on the other side!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Safe journey Nicos and enjoy your break.
          Busy evening here with my grandson, now age six.
          Playing snakes and ladders with him and teaching him to be a good loser. 😏
          Rary, hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow, its soul destroying to see the summer pass by.
          Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Sorry - but we’ve had a full on summer the past couple of days… high 20’s

Will pass it on to everyone in the morning - promise!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• evening all,had a nice day to day,met with friends at the meat and chat,then a taxi to get blood test done,i could not beleive it,i walked straight in,and taxi waited and got me home again,also what a good phlebotamist,i was waiting for the sting,but nothing,give that man a medal,also got some storage shelves on order for the garage know where to find it areas,have a good trip MR and MRS Nicos ,good night all sleep well
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Phlebotomist - a new word for me, LD. Thanks.
                Hope you sleep well too.
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 28-08-2024, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• Good morning all.

I hope you enjoy your trip, Nicos and get calm weather. For some weird reason I used to love to see the white cliffs getting slowly closer when sailing into Dover. (I haven't seen them for years now though as I was a convert to the tunnel.)

I'm awake early as a scary dream woke me up. It was so wonderful to realise that I was curled up, comfortable, in my own bed with Mr GF and nobody/nothing was chasing me.

I think I might just try and snuggle down for abother hour.​​​​​​​

Comment

• Morning
                    Yesterday was just rain again and dull with drizzle now, keep hoping the sun will find its way. It's the worst summer I can remember Rary.
                    It's good when the jabbers/vampires are good LD.
                    Hope your trip was smooth Nicos.
                    Not played snakes and ladders for years Bramble.

Brew anyone? before dog walking.

Edit to say morning GF.

Am off to walk then grory hopping. Have a good day.
                    Last edited by Containergardener; 29-08-2024, 06:43 AM.
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

We have sunshine here today

CG we're dog sitting for the next few days so we'll join you on the dog walks, its dry this time round so no wet towels.

enjoy your day
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• morning all,looks bright outside, hope your crossing is good Nicos,have a good day all
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good Morning All Started out sunny, but has clouded over now. Safe journey Nicos. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                            Morning

We have sunshine here today

CG we're dog sitting for the next few days so we'll join you on the dog walks, its dry this time round so no wet towels.

enjoy your day
                            Mine was a drenching even with a brolly and waterproof
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning all. It's a lovely sunny morning here.
                              The laundry is on the line so it shouldn't take long to dry,
                              A trip to the supermarket and then a browse in the library.
                              Hope to get out to the garden this afternoon.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Well that extra hour in bed turned into over two hours🤫

CG, Mr GF's rather unkind names for phlebotomists are blood suckers and leeches. All the ones at our surgery are brilliant though. I think all the sadists among them end up at our local hospital. This has just made me think that I'll probably have my phone inundated by texts for me, Mr GF, and his brother shortly to book flu and covid jabs. Hopefully I'll be able to book us in en masse with any luck.

I think the vacuum cleaner ought to earn it's keep next. I haven't got a robot one but I do like the idea of them. I saw a video of one escaping from a hotel which made me laugh. It died in a shrubbery when it got out of range of it's base station.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X