X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your hair looks nice Bren
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Quite a productive morning. I got a reminder to tax the car, so I did that first on my phone in a couple of minutes. I remember, not too long ago when it took hours. Firstly trying to find the MOT and insurance certificates. They were never where they should have been. Then, having to go to the main post office in the city and park, join a queue that snaked out of the door (and it was always raining, of course). Technology has definitely improved some things.

I also picked our prescriptions up and have taken some shopping for my brother in law, including a pack of Mr Kipling mince pies. Mr GF had already scoffed one of his mince pies in the car while I was getting the prescriptions.

My A4 sheets of sticky labels arrived with the postie. I only ordered them from A**zon on Wednesday. I've ordered myself some new Croc style slippers with a fluffy lining now as the ones I have got are ancient, the grip is just about worn away and the lining is worn out too.

I think I'll have a go at making the Plum snd mulled wine jam now.

Comment

• Good afternoon sun is actually shining here and a temperature of 21c we were out this morning and I kindly let OHbuyme lunch, if she would give me some money I would happily buy her lunch😏 now going to make a new gate for access to the field, need to think on how I will hang it, as I want a bit more space, with of course minimum cost😁 just now having a quick cuppa, anyone else like to join me, what ever you do enjoy the day and keep smiling🙂🙂🙂
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I am really impressed with the plum and mulled wine jam. In the end, for spices, I added cinnamon stick, a few cloves and a couple of bits of nutmeg that were too small to grate without grating my fingers too. I didn't have any orange peel, so substituted lemon peel.

Here's the recipe if anyone is interested.

https://www.thewi.org.uk/lifelong-le...ulled-wine-jam

Comment

• Afternoon

We have sunshine so we've been out and about making the most of it.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all,had a day of today,been to Trentham village on a coach trip with my Thursday group,boy was it hot,our coach left at 3pm,it said 26 ,then it changed to 27 for the remainder of time,was glad to get home,enjoyed the change of scene and a brake,i was tolled it is going to be hotter tommorrow,heaven help me,i got a lot to do ,i got friends and family coming sunday afternoon for nibbes and cake,started on the curtains and made a &&&& up,on the first one,cut it to short,so either they will all be the same,or i hope i can add a bit back on the top,and be cleaver were i put the top row machine line,i could kick myself,Snoop i wish you the the best with the covid,and your weeds,goodnight all sweet dreams,
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Late evening all.
                What a beautiful sunny day it turned out after a cloudy start.
                Most of the day spent outdoors.

GF, Sounds like you had a successful jam making session, I love the recipe you posted.

Lottie if you sew the extra bit on the top I am sure it wont be noticeable.

love your hair style Bren, I am having mine done tomorrow...much needed.

Snoop, hope all is wel, with you and Mister.

Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning
                  A glorious day again and intend to make the most off it. Work.went on longer than intended yesterday so missed alot of the day
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

A misty start here its going to hang around till lunch time then rain for the day, never mind we did enjoy yesterdays sunshine.

Lottie I doubt the join will be noticeable if its were the header tape is stitched. Give it a go and see.

Your hair looks nice Bramble.

Comment

• Morning all,busy day for me,thanks girls,be glad when its all sorted,and i get my home back,hope Snoops ok,see you laters
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

Woke up this morning, full of plans for the day ahead. But I think they're on hold for today at least. Mr Snoop doing a lot better, though.

Nice and sunny. Another million flying ants this morning by the look of it. The swifts had a field day here yesterday. Another one for them if they haven't already started migrating.

Good luck with the curtains, LD.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Misty and raining here. Have a good day

Comment

• Good morning all.

The Autumnal weather is back again, really damp and murky, rain not too far away. The forecast seems to get worse as the week goes on. Boots and hot water bottles on the horizon.

Comment

• Afternoon

Its rained here all afternoon not very nice out at all, we've got the same forecast as you GF all 3 weather sites say there's more come for the rest of the week.

Comment

• It's been really gloomy here all day, I'm going to have to put the lights on to prepare tea!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X