This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Lottie xx

Heavy rain here up until 1-ish then the sun came out so we've been out for a stroll.

Hope you're all sharing my sunshine.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
      Had a lovely day out with family.
      It stayed dull and dry but it's got very cool this evening.
      Hope you had a great day Lottie,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• evening all,thankyou all for the birthday wishes,all went well,food left over,some doggy bags taken home,the DL was brill,cleaned all my mess up,and tieded up whilst i was having what turned out to be 90 winks,i needed it,choir starts back tommorrow morning,and we start the Christmas songs for our concert,GF i still got some of my windows to do,thank goodness for the Karcher,family just gone,now for my feet up and chill .
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all
          Enjoy your choir singing today Lottie.
          Rary I don't have time to read your mind too

Rain overnight but sun is forecast later. Might get some jobs done outside. I noticed the weather is turning cooler tomorrow giving us some low temps of 2 degrees. Will fill the log baskets today as I think the woodburner will be lit on an evening, that will please the dog.

Bren. Still on with my blanket for throwing over me on an evening , better get a move on with it.
          Thinking will hunt out some other ideas, maybe scarf/hat/mitts .
          Last edited by Containergardener; 09-09-2024, 06:30 AM.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Same here as regards temperatures, CG. Most years we have a very cold spell at the end of September that finishes off the tomato plants even though it warms up again afterwards. Looks like the cold is arriving two weeks early this year.

Glad you had a lovely day, LD. Always nice to be spoiled on your birthday. Ninety winks is a good long nap!

Got quite a busy day today. Am feeling much better but got a lot to catch up on. Still feel like my head's about ten centimetres higher than it should be, but last week it was more. So evidently on the mend. Mr Snoop too.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning.

I'm still snuggled up in bed, all warm and comfy, listening to the rain hitting my bedroom window. I'm sure the thought of coffee will lure me out shortly however.

Comment

• Morning

Snoop its good to hear you and MrSnoop are starting to improve, take care.

CG there's lot of pretty hat/mitts/gloves patterns on Ravelry, and with your blanket you can snuggle under while you crochet.

A break in the rain I'll nip out to pick raspberries.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Morning just a quick nip in,dry here, have a good day
                  Last edited by lottie dolly; 09-09-2024, 08:36 AM.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull again. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. The sun is shining and the laundry is out on the line.
                      A few errands to do and then some time in my garden.

Snoop, glad to hear you are both on the mend,

Bren, never heard of Ravelry, I must look that up.

Not a lot else going on...have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon

The rain stopped at lunchtime and the laundries out on the line. Its looking like being a good afternoon.

Ravelry's a good site for both knitting and crochet lots of lovely work to look at.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Ravelry is new to me too. CG, this video for making a blanket came up on my utoob feed, and I thought it was an inspirational idea. I may give it a go next year.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/wXMIF1WpULM
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Thanks for the link MH I'd not heard of temperature blankets before, they do look interesting.

Comment

• evening all,hope the Snoops are makeing a recovery,had a very quieter day,glad to be back at choir,had a several winks again this afternoon,picking family up again in the morning,but this time not upside down in the main home,just got to catch up ironing ,some things cannot be dodged,good night and sleep tight all

Comment

• Morning
                                I never think to look on Ravelry Bren, thanks.
                                Nice blanket MH, I've seen a few people make them but I've not attempted one. The one I'm doing is striped but also different stitches so constant changes (made work for myself).
                                Yesterday was ok weatherwise as the sun appeared so I pottered outside briefly. Did a spot of sitting with a brew.
                                Mixed wind, rain and sun today but I won't be gardening.
                                Enjoy your day.
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X