This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    Snoop, maybe Mr Snoop is looking to the future.......a retirement of cocktails and 1920s style hedonism with lots of whipped cream on his cereal. My ordinary stick blender has an alternative whisk head. Very handy for small amounts of cream. I think the 1920s must gave been wonderfully........if you were rich.

I looked at the battery powered ones with whisks, but they were a lot more expensive and the main purpose will be blending soup. I have a small hand mixer that could be used for cream, but I'm not telling Mr Snoop that... And Rary, if you read this, you're not to tell him either.

I think a cocktail cupboard might be a better bet, Bren. Somewhere to keep the bottles out of sight (and out of mind).

Comment

• Good morning all, bright and sunny but with a nip in the air.
      I dont have a stick blender so I cant comment on that.
      I dont have any phobias that I know of so I wont look at the list just in case.

Peanut butter, I love it, Kelgin does a really tasty one both smooth and crunchy.

Gardening for a while this afternoon and then collecting my grandson from school.
      Have a good day all..

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I have one serious phobia. Mice and rats. I'm absolutely petrified of them. My legs turn to jelly and I'm in full panic mode. Many years ago I remember borrowing my husband's air rifle to shoot a rat and I couldn't stop shaking enough to use it.

Doctors and nurses have a less severe reaction from me but I haven't tried shooting them.😁

Off to mix some Yorkshire pudding batter now.....another job for the electric whisk.

Comment

• Good afternoon, was out early this morning as I was putting the car in for a service fortunately everything's ok with the car, but had been sitting talking to another customer when a mechanic came to see him his car was in for an MOT and it was going to be failed due to a headlight wiper not working, he was told, if he wanted, they could have a look at it to see if they could find the fault, but to do so it would cost £140 plus extra if they could fix it. Like you Snoop I dont like lists either, because I usually finish up losing them, especially shopping lists, Nicos I dont like saying what I would like as a Christmas present , I would just like something nice, but most definitely not something to warm the bed as OH often tells me I need to cool down😊 and talking of cool down, there has been a co!d wind blowing here all day, but sun feels very nice if you can avoid the wind, right going to take the digs out for a walk before they head back home, so have a good evening and stay safe remember the smiles🙂🙂🙂
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I am too full now even to move. Mr GF stopped me just before I mixed a Yorkshire pudding to say he'd prefer dumplings.....They were gorgeous. I'm going to make the leftover beef and a bit of the gravy along with some melted butter, nutmeg and thyme into potted meat in the morning.🙂

I'm evidently still in cleaning mode. Today I cleaned the outside of all my kitchen cupboards. I'm actually dreading cleaning out the inside of certain ones. What might be lurking??

Our surgery had texted yesterday regarding booking flu jabs. I could have booked them individually online, but left it until today when I rang and the lovely girl on reception booked my husband, brother in law, and myself in all at the same time at the beginning of October. Just one trip for me......and I tend to keep my own fear under control when having to look after others.💉😓😳🥹

Rary, the headlamp wiper price is truly awful. Who actually needs a headlamp wiper. I would have been tempted to rip them both off! As Mr GF has been known to say I'm Mrs Bodge-it-and-Scarper.
            Last edited by greenishfing; 12-09-2024, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Quick feedback on cordless blender: surprisingly, a total success with tonight's soup. Not a difficult mixture (onion, cauli, pear and blue cheese), but very smooth in very little time. No lumps, graininess or bits of pear skin. I've got a fancy jug blender - not a really fancy jug blender, but fancy enough for me not to tell Mr Snoop how much it cost - and I think for results, safety and for ease of use and especially washing up (we don't have a dishwasher), this stick blender is probably more useful for me for soups. Will let you know when I try something more challenging like hummus.

Comment

• Morning
                Was up at silly o'clock , lurgy has finally caught up with me after weeks of coughing here n there. Gave up not sleeping and came down , lit the fire and curled up with a cuppa.
                Anyone up for a brew?
                Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope you make a speedy recovery, CG.

Very windy and distinctly cold here today. Looking forward to being able to abandon my basement office, as it's now a bit chilly down here. Still quite a bit of work to do upstairs first, though.

Got a lot of work to fit into next to no time before going out for a mini grory shop and a visit to a nursery to get plug plants, regardless of how late in the year it is. Got a friend arriving this evening and want to make a lamb tagine this afternoon in readiness for tomorrow. Fortunately off out for supper with him tonight, so no need to cook two meals.

Better get a move on if I'm not have Mr Snoop breathing down my neck, telling me to hurry up to get out to the shops.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.

A very cold one here. I think some of the cars in the shade still had a touch of frost on them when I got up, not too long ago.

Snoop, my quick way of cleaning the stick blender is to put some hot water and a drop of washing up liquid in a jug or pan that needs washing, put the blender in and turn on. In a few seconds all the inside is clean.

CG, look after yourself. I hope you feel better soon.

I must visit my brother in law today, sort out some paperwork for him and get him some bits of shopping.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                      Brrr again here…the repaired boiler isn’t working
                      So, the technician is working on it again.( second call of the day- can’t fault that sort of backup!)
                      Same fault code and two new replacement parts yesterday and it’s clearly not sorted
                      Well…that’s the guy’s problem to sort out, so no point in fretting.
                      We have the wood stoves to keep us warm and can boil kettles and pans for showers etc if needed.

OH lit the fire this morning…and it smells and looks amazingly homely.

Hope you feel better soon CG…not nice.

GF…pop over here when you are done at your place…I could do with a hand spring cleaning!

Not sure what today will bring. I’m hoping I’ll manage to get a fair bit of weeding done, but I’ll certainly be bottling some of those mirabelles in vodka…and no doubt filling up the space in the freezer with cooked windfalls

Whatever you get up to…enjoy your day
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

A cool 3c overnight in my GH, so I'm glad I picked all the courgettes and cucs that were ready.

Laundries out on the line and the next lots in the machine, thought it best to make use of todays sunshine even though its rather cool out.

Snoop I've got a basic stick blender and its fine for hummus so Im sure yours will be, thanks for the cleaning tip GF.

Hope you soon feel better CG.

enjoy your day
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Cold and sunny here too. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• good morning all,brrrrrrr,get better soon CG,i find the stick blender good,once used it for cream,just remember to stop it before you get butter,Snoop you sound super busy,yesterday was a none day for me,had a really good sleep,woke up at 11;45 ,i went bed about 10 pm,and had another good sleep,feel better for it,have spent some time trying to sort my hive out,no not bee's,i need the boiler man to set it up again aprox 3 weeks at the annual servis,all was well untill i got a new phone,i could only work it from the little box thing,used it the other day,fine,now cannot use even that,i figure out it's because my email has changed,and it cannot connect,i was forced to change it,as it was to old,what a flippin game,just when i need it on,never mind,lets hope it not get any colder till it gets sorted,i do have a fan heater for emergancy ,getting out the shower is not nice,as cannot use the heater in the bathroom for safty reasons,it might just actually be warmer outside in what bit of sun we got,also have ironing to do,these things come to anoy us,have a good day all
                            Last edited by lottie dolly; 13-09-2024, 09:09 AM.
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all, Cool but dry here.
                              The laundry is out and the greenhouse is watered.
                              Going for a walk and sill pop into the post office and then on to the library,

CG, I hope you feel better soon.

Nicos, mirabel vodka sounds good to me.

Lottie, hope you get your email password sorted, technology would drive you crazy sometimes.

Have a good day all and stay warm,

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Boiler fault found….a tiny piece of plastic….lets hope they have a spare !
                                I wouldn’t normally be bothered but it’s just dawned on me that it’s supposed to come on just before we get frosts to protect the pipes etc….…and we’re due one tonight!

Right…time to shake a leg!..
                                * tootles off…..
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X