Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard the smiles nattering on about that very thing this morning Flo…..I guess they must be on your case
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^^^ ooops- maybe I shouldn’t be talking about smiling at this moment?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        ^^^ ooops- maybe I shouldn’t be talking about smiling at this moment?
        Luckily the gaps aren't visible
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• But I do sound like Sean Connery

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Sorry for being so late on parade. Missy is doing very well (change of name as Mr Snoop finds it easier to say without the ts sound). Spent the night under the quilt with us and woke us up on a couple of occasions wanting to play with us. So she's over her fear of us. She's somehow found one of the long hot water bottles folded in a V and is sleeping, nose tucked into the bend of the V. The dog is doing brilliantly, so I hope Missy will get used to her soon. Frankie is a menace, but he'll get used to her sooner or later. Fingers crossed. One of the previous owners drove down this morning on the excuse of giving us some of her toys but really he just wanted to see her and to see if she was over the fright of the drive down the day before. But she had hidden herself away and he left quite bereft. He's quite a wry character and only very rarely shows his soft side. Really lovely man.

I'm sure the smiles were nattering about her. Much younger than she should be to leave her mum, five weeks, maybe six. But she's very playful and quite a character.

Not much other news. A bit of work to get through this afternoon, but I'm about to have a nap first to make up for the Missy interruptions.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Ouch, Flo, Hope everything heals quickly. Glad Missy is settling in, Snoop, I'm sure she'll get around Frankie soon, no doubt he's a wee bit jealous of her.

Managed to get out for a walk this morning, and picked some wild damsons, which I've turned into 4 jars of jam. It ws hot work as my kitchen faces south and had the full glare of the hot sunshine, but I had to keep the windows closed to keep out the wasps that could evidently smell the fruity jam through the air vent.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon

It's just started turning cool here so time to be back indoors and think about sorting out dinner.

Hope your tooth soon heals Flo xx

Snoop I do like Missy for a kitties name.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all.
                  Flo, glad you got your teeth sorted...Ice cream and jelly will help.

We had a cat called Missy, hope you kitten brings you as much joy as ours did.

Mothhawk, making jam with the sun shining, I can only imagine how hot it was.

Not a lot done here, just odd jobs.
                  Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• evening all,glad you feeling better CG,Snoop it does not seem long since frankie came into your life,went out dressed for cool weather,and it turned out very warm again,FF you were very brave,i hate dentist,and is'nt it funny how we always say thank you to them,not only for the needles ext,but also the money we give them hehehe,it seems strange at choir doing exmas songs so early,got a few bits from the garden,a large savoy type cabbage,got a good half of nice crisp bits,the slugs and rain had gotten in between the leaves,also more brocoli and a few beans now in the freezer,also toms,a cue,and 3 courgetts,together with 3 large heads of dinner plate dhalia,they were slow to start but now are looking good,it supposed to be nice tomorrow,if so DL going to help me cover up some growing space to stop the weeds in their littte tracks,untill i feel like turning the ground over,unless i can get away with it,and just use the JALO,will see what transpires in the morning,sweet dreams all,
                    Last edited by lottie dolly; 16-09-2024, 08:44 PM.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning
                      Other than some washing and prepping a bread I didn't do anything yesterday. Sat out in the sun reading instead.
                      Not full of beans so just taking it easy.
                      The sun is still shining.
                      Enjoy your day.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning CG and all.

It's very misty here, a combination of cold air and warm ground I suppose. Definitely a day to recite Keats "To Autumn". I love the first verse, it completely epitomizes everything lovely about autumn.

Need to make some bread today, and look out the piccalilli recipe. I shall have a lot of green tomatoes this year as I put them at the other end of the garden, completely forgetting that from the end of August that part gets no direct sunshine.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Missy has been charming all of us except Frankie. We've had him for just over three years, LD. He's definitely not a sharing kind of cat. But not his fault, as he was 'rescued' by a well-meaning little girl when he was only about ten days old, so he's never really had to share with another young cat. With any luck Missy will win him over eventually. The smiles were rather slow to set off on their visits today. Like all kittens she has a mad hour after eating and is hilarious to watch and play with.

On the cards for today: the last of my dental appointments (for this round). She's a lovely person, but I won't be sorry to stop going for a bit. And you're right, LD. I have paid her enough money for a good second-hand car and have nowhere near that amount of metal or technology in my mouth in the way of bridges.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sun is shining again. Have a good day

Comment

• Good morning all.

At the moment I'm waiting for the gas engineer to come and service my boiler. He's hopefully coming this morning.

Mothawk, I used to take all the green tomatoes off my plants and lay them on newspaper in seed trays on my sunny windowsills. The last of them usually ripened around New Year. (I can see what my step daughter meant about my lounge windowsill being an allotment extension).

I'm considering whether to do a normal grory hop thus afternoon or tomorrow or whether to have my rare trip to the medium sized Sainsburys for things I can't get anywhere else locally. (Arborio rice, certain herbs/spices, haggis, large tubs of E45 cream, nice blue cheese). I don't visit Sainsburys too frequently as their "goodies" are very badly behaved and attach themselves to my trolley in passing. It's probably just as well that I don't like shopping.

Gas engineer is here now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                                Good Morning All Sun is shining again. Have a good day
                                Suns shining here as well Flo.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X