Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lottie - you’ve just reminded me that I have a 10€ voucher for IKEA which runs out in the next few days…..perfect for buying some candles for the Xmas Fair!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Snoop….OK…I’ll say what everyone else is hoping…..come on…where is the photo of Missy? She sounds an absolute delight!
      3am?….good girl- she’s training you up nicely

Comment

• ^She doesn't stay still long enough to take a photo when she's awake, and when she's asleep she likes to hide under a cushion or with her head tucked into the laundry pile. At the moment, she has managed to burrow under our quilt and is next to invisible, just one ear sticking out.

She really is quite a character. Today she's started doing the cat equivalent of harrumphing. She found our pile of building stone in the corral yesterday and was playing at being king of the mountain. Today she decided she wouldn't climb up but just jump to the top. Unsuccessfully, hence the harrumphing.

Comment

• Missy is starting to sound a bit like how Habou wonder around the house, soon she'll be leaving your prezzies.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• awww…a young Hibou? Awww…. Missy sounds delightful

I miss the young Hibou but as an ‘old gal’ she’s still utterly delightful.
            Having had several cats previously…5 before Hibou…one of which was female, I have to say that personally I think female cats are much more caring and sociable ( please feel free to tell me otherwise!!!!!)
            We get what we rescue as pet lovers, but hats down, I ‘m now thinking that females are so much sweeter - if that’s what you are looking for?
            More expensive of course to neuter etc….
            So happy for your new adventure Snoop…pity Missy didn’t have a mom to teach her how to hunt. It’ll be interesting to see if it’s nature or nurture as far as Missy is concerned!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              Missy is starting to sound a bit like how Habou wonder around the house, soon she'll be leaving your prezzies.
              We had 8 toys left last night…sadly not hungry enough to eat them

I’ve seen cats on FB bringing home amazingly strange things for their owners…thank goodness we are rural!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

We had 8 toys left last night…sadly not hungry enough to eat them

I’ve seen cats on FB bringing home amazingly strange things for their owners…thank goodness we are rural!!!!
                You might change your mind if she brings you live presents! We once had a big "evil" male cat that brought home dead fish. We eventually discovered that he was stealing them from the local fishermen. He was even known to dive bomb the fishermen from a tree in an attempt to get them to drop their catch.

Comment

• ^^^ WHAT?….
                  OMG!…that’s utterly bonkers gf!

We have too many half live pressie tbh…she used to catch and eat at least 20 mice etc per day…. Spleen etc..then bigger bits as the day progressed and her tummy was full… Interestingly though, never a rat.
                  I heard they learn that skill from watching their mothers….?

Never knew males were such good hunters!

Comment

• Good evening all.lWhat a beautiful day it was.
                    Got my grandson out in the garden but he is afraid of the bees so we ended up back indoors.

I love hearing about Missy. We always had cats, but when the last one passed we decided not to replace her,
                    We considered it but felt it would be unfair to go on long holidays and leave a pet behind.

Lottie, my dahlias were late this year but have put up a great show and I hate the thought of them dying off.
                    A year seems along time to wait to see them again,
                    On that note, have a good evening.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      ^^^ WHAT?….
                      OMG!…that’s utterly bonkers gf!

We have too many half live pressie tbh…she used to catch and eat at least 20 mice etc per day…. Spleen etc..then bigger bits as the day progressed and her tummy was full… Interestingly though, never a rat.
                      I heard they learn that skill from watching their mothers….?

Never knew males were such good hunters!
                      I think he was a better thief than a hunter. Six muscular kilos of ginger and white mischief.

Comment

• Isn't it amazing how every cat has it's own distinctive character. I think one of the reasons that I fell for Mr GF was that a little black stray turned up on his doorstep. He let her in and she promptly gave birth to kittens in his wardrobe. I didn't get asked to "see his etchings".....just his kittens. He eventually found homes for the kittens and adopted Sooty. What a softy.

Comment

• good evening,is nice to hear about the adventures of pussy kins,made me smile,got more done in the garden with DL,it's giving me that little nudge to get out there,the company and encouragement makes all the difference ,night night am having an earlier turn in
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

Your DL sounds like a marvel, LD. Lovely.

Cats, gotta love em.

Right, am just making this a quick say hello as a grory hop and a quick visit to a nursery are on the cards and Mr Snoop is champing at the bit to be going. The weather forecast for tomorrow hasn't changed that much, so will get something in the veg patch regardless of how late it is.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

We've had dogs but never cats, as a kid we had a cat named Tiger it would jump off pelmets, top of doors anything really and cling on your neck no way could you get it off. I think it put me of cats for life.

enjoy your day
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.

Grey and miserable here but maybe some sunshine later. Yesterday improved as the day progressed and we had a very pleasant afternoon.

I'm quite stressed out as Mr GF has a day surgery appointment today with local anaesthetic. He's still fast asleep.🤫 I'm just crossing my fingers it goes well, but I wish I didn't have such an overactive imagination. It isn't at our nearest hospital either and after the horrific experience I had last time we had to park at the hospital (spent nearly an hour trying to get a space to park that seemed to be nearly in the next county and then Mr GF struggling to get to the main entrance, let alone along the miles of corridors, without handy seats, I've booked a taxi. I think the last time we got a taxi anywhere was a few years ago when he got taken to A and E in an ambulance and we had, eventually, to get home. I am trying to be calm.......but......past experience.......

I must be optimistic😀.

Is everybody like me but hides it better? I tried mindfulness for anxiety once but really thought it was a waste of time. Somebody just give me the occasional valium!

I was once in a war zone for three months in my twenties and if you went to the chemist's for "something for the bombs" they gave you a pack of earplugs, a box of valium, and some paracetamol.

Well, must get on....more coffee needed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X