Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop, what a gorgeous 'puddy cat'. She definitely looks like a tiny bundle of trouble.

If all your crossed body parts haven't worked, maybe you should consider a rain dance.

Comment

• ^I was thinking about that, GF, but our dog hates it when we dance. Perhaps she thinks we're having a fit or heart attack or something, but it makes her very yippy and anxious. So I might have to save the dancing for when she's out with Mr Snoop on a walk.

Thanks for replying, @Penelllype. I've not seen Magenta seeds. I'll keep an eye out for them.

Comment

• Just to say thank you to Pen and Ameno for all the info on growing melons and Cape gooseberries.
        Lots of useful comments and advice, I might have to think it out again regarding space.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull - again. Lovely kitten Snoop. Hope Mr GF is ok. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all, a little on the dull side so far.
            Out for to do some errands this morning.

Snoop, Missy is just lovely, she looks like a bundle of fun.
            I hope you get the raun you're expecting.
            Have a good day akl,

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
              Snoop, what a gorgeous 'puddy cat'. She definitely looks like a tiny bundle of trouble.

If all your crossed body parts haven't worked, maybe you should consider a rain dance.
              I could try and sing????…that is probably the best approach?

Mind you, I need to let OH mow the lawns/ field first incase it homes in on me and not Snoop….
              Last edited by Nicos; Today, 10:33 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Back from the GP…It was a locum, and boy was he thorough!

I came away feeling very cared about. A very happy event in all honesty!
                I even have a script now for the pneumonia vaccination.
                It’ll need to wait a few weeks as I don’t want to bombard my body with too many vaccinations all at once. It’s only 2 weeks since the Shingles vaccination and we are due Covid and Flu in the next 4 weeks.

Came home to celebrate with a mug of tea and some toast and homemade jam…te he. Yum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                  ^I was thinking about that, GF, but our dog hates it when we dance. Perhaps she thinks we're having a fit or heart attack or something, but it makes her very yippy and anxious. So I might have to save the dancing for when she's out with Mr Snoop on a walk.

Thanks for replying, @Penelllype. I've not seen Magenta seeds. I'll keep an eye out for them.
                  I got the Magenta seeds from Plants Of Distinction.
                  A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• ^Thanks. I'll have to look in Ireland, I think, as seeds cannot be posted from Britain any more. Great recommendation for others, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Penellype View Post
                      Melons left lying on the ground will rot, so I use the sort of bags that citrus fruit come in, suspended from the shelves with string.
                      I've never found melons left lying on the ground to rot, myself (at least nor Emir, which is all I grow).
                      However, developing melons left lying around are definitely real slug magnets, and will be tunnelled in no time (and subsequently rot) is not protected. I bought 100 drawstring mesh bags (sown from the usual fine insect mesh) which I slip each melon into when it's about golf ball size to protect it from slugs. They always work well.
                      I also use the same bags to protect my peaches and grapes from snail and wasp damage.

Comment

• Just been sitting outside drinking GnTs listening to thunder rolling in the distance. Almost totally blue skies here!…bizarre!

Saw our 10th or so European hornet of the year just now on the sedum. Vastly below the usual count ( and about the same number of Asian hornets- so presumably they haven’t caused the decline????

Never seen so many snails as this year…aaaahhhhh…not good

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X