X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Fine but cloudy here. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.Its as lovely sunny morning here.
      The laundry is out and I'm off to my line dancing.

Jay, go on that break, everything will still be there when you get back.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

Quite a chilly feeling one. I got out of bed, nudged the thermostat up and got back in. Brrrrr. Not a bad night's sleep, but lots of dreams ....mostly forgotten now.

I picked up Mr GF's birthday present yesterday from the mini- Sainsburys up the road and sneaked it into the car. I've just got to find a good card now and I'll be organised. ......practically unheard of.

Mr GF's very old friend rang last night to ask about renewing his blue disabled badge online.....he forgot about it, and it's run out. He seemed really happy when I told him the last one I applied for, for one of the elderly in-laws only took about a week. I was asking him if he's booked his Covid jab yet. No, because he doesn't get texts from the doctor's. They'll no doubt ring him or post him an appointment. However, when I told him I'd booked ours (and the time and date) and told him if could get one for the same time he was welcome to come with us, he said he'd like that. I can't book it for him online as you need the link in your text that only works with your specific date of birth. I have a feeling he'll be harassing the surgery today. I am now contemplating the logistics of organising three old men at the same time and getting us all to the local(ish) sports club without mishap. A sentence involving the words glutton and punishment springs to mind.

Despite today's dire weather forecast, against the odds, the sun has just put in an appearance.

I'm writing a shopping list at the moment as I plan doing a grory hop either today or tomorrow. I must remember bananas as I really fancy a banana loaf.

Comment

• Gf…you’ve spurred me into thinking up a small surprise gift for my OH’s birthday which is in just over a couple of weeks.
          I’ve suggested we get him a small electric chainsaw as his main pressie ( he has two much larger ones already)
          This one I have my eye on is much smaller and lighter ( and I guess I might get a chance to use it too!) I’ll let him make the decision as to which one but his face lit up at the idea, so I think I’ve made a satisfying suggestion. I just need something small to wrap up for the actual morning now.
          I need to keep my eyes peeled over the next few days. He doesnt need anything …but I’m sure I can think of something practical which he’ll use. I did look out for some really old oak crates for his beer and cider bottles but they are getting few and far between these days….plus they aren’t exactly small enough to hide in the camper van whilst we are away…

Flo….I was wondering how you are doing?…all healed up now?

GF… I need to get our Covid vaccinations sorted for next week. Thanks for the prompt.

Anyone fancy a brew?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• All healed thanks Nicos, steak is back on the menu

Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              All healed thanks Nicos, steak is back on the menu
              Yey! …perfect excuse

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France