This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all
    No frost!…very chuffed about that as it extends slightly the life of my nasturtiums

We sometimes walk in a woods which has quite a few free trunk sculptures. Some people have an incredible skill .

Not sure what today has in store but there’s loads to choose from!

Enjoy your day peeps whatever you get up to.
    Last edited by Nicos; Today, 08:46 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning.

I don't know if we had a frost or not last night as I slept like a log. The temperature did evidently go down to 2°C. At 8am Mr GF asked me what time it was and then I turned over and had another hour. The utter joy!

My sister took my fig tree to her house in Spring. I'm not sure how she got it into her car boot but with a bit of "butchery" she did. I did tell her that they are hard to kill but she wasn't convinced. However I've just got a photo. It seems happy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4502.jpg Views:	1 Size:	983.2 KB ID:	2585865
      Last edited by greenishfing; Today, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning . Sunny but very cold and my heating is not working again. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

No frost here last night, but a very chilly wind still blowing out there. So autumnal.

I remember the sculpture trail at Grizedale Forest in the Lake District. I understand that at some point it was run by someone more into plastic than natural materials but it's gone back to natural materials now. A lovely walk for anyone that way.

Got some work and gardening on the cards for today. Nice balance for once.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your heating, Flo. Very frustrating. I'm hoping Mr Snoop will soon reinstate our chimney so we can start using our range. I'll be glad to have a bit of warmth of an evening now.

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Bright and sunny here but it's cool.
              Some domestics and errands this morning and then hope in to plant out 30 daffodil bulbs.

Sorry to hear your heating is not working Flo, hope its sorted soon.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Yikes Flo!…we’ve not got the same heating engineer have we?
                Having said that….( mines OK at the moment - touch wood)
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• The temperature dropped last night, so we sat in the cold waiting for our throw out, which didn't arrive! All good fun. Heating engineer is coming tomorrow, so fluffy PJs again.
                  Last edited by Florence Fennel; Today, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• My son called a little while ago and fiddled about with the re-set - and it fired up about ten minutes after he had gone! I'm not cancelling the engineer as there must be an intermittent problem, but at least, for now, it's warm.

Comment

• It's good to hear that you're warm again, Flo. No heat and no hot water is miserable at this time of year.

The aroma of my stew seeping out of the slow cooker is driving me mad. I have already, naughtily, dipped a small slice of bread and butter in the gravy and Yum!

Snoop, where has your chimney wandered off to? And why?

Comment

• afternoon all,i have to answer that GF,Snoops chimney,ho hum,has it gone outside for a smoke,sorry could not resist that one,well thats the Mcmillan events done,now to see about what i can do for myself and home,have to find LD and coax her back,no fun is it girls without a boost of heat when needed,my hive is lost contact at the mo again,but son has got it so i have just press a button ,but have to remember to depress it,i have no idea what tempreture its set on,so just being very carefull,the man is coming next Friday to servise the boiler,and he hopfully can get them to talk again,hope your all well
                        Last edited by lottie dolly; Today, 01:54 PM.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X