This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

No frost here but its got that autumn feeling in the air and the garden seems to have a lot of cobwebs. Gardening and dehydrating/juicing apples there today. then a walk at some point.

Hope your boilers soon sorted Flo there nothing nicer than feeling warm at this time of year.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• good morning all,no idea about frost,but it's cold,so on with the heating for a couple of hours,have a lovely day
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all. Gale force winds here and rain on the way.
        Off to the church shortly and then I think it will be a day indoors.
        Stay warm all and have good day.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
          Very brrrr here this morning too, but no frost. Hopefully we’ll have a few more days without one.

Certainly not a good time for no heating Flo….is the temporary fix still working?

We put a log on the fire as we went to bed last night and glad we did.

Not so sure about the vide grenier today after all. No goose lunch….rain predicted …”8C feels like 4C” at the moment.
          Maybe hang fire( I wonder where that phrase comes from?) or just bite the bullet…

Whatever you get up to, enjoy the day xx
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning.

I hadn't heard about a comet, Snoop, so I've just googled it. Evidently we need a telescope or binoculars to see it here at the moment.

It's cold here this morning, still in single figures and murky. Brrrrrr!
            I actually put Mr GF, who runs a lot cooler than me, a long hot water bottle in bed last night. I hope everybody gets their heating sorted quickly.

Comment

• Heating fixed so toasty now thank goodness Off to listen to GQT with a dish of walnuts and a jigsaw.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I have a friend coming to stay in a few weeks so I’ve been going through my jigsaws Flo….and decided on one for us to tackle whilst sipping fizz
                Enjoy yours…
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon

Apples are still in the dehydrator, 2 pint of juice in the fridge the rests been frozen for later. We didn't go far walking its rather chilly this afternoon, so I've been reading instead.
                  I've been struggling with on of my jigsaw puzzles I'm thinking of putting it back in the box it'll be a first for me.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, now back home as daughter and SiL are home from heir holiday, it has been a cold but dry day today, was at church this morning where it was our harvest service, I put a try of veg, containing potatoes, carrot, beetroot, onions, chard, parsley, courgettes, French beans, leek and tomatoes, and thankfully they were all in good order, though sadly there wasn't a lot submitted as there seems to be very few people working their gardens nowadays, I also forgot to take a photo of my selection, nowcoff to catch up on what you have all been up to so enjoy the rest of the evening and remember to pass on the smioes tomorrow 🙂🙂🙂

​​​​​
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
                      What a miserable day...Rain and wind and floods in the south of the country.
                      Not got anything done today other than reading my book and doing some of my jigsaw.
                      Hopefully a better day tomorrow.
                      Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse