This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning.

Despite the wind and rain one of our tree fellers is back again with his chainsaw. Two vans and one saturated worker so far. He's chopping up some of the original trunk that fell, into moveable chunks.

As I woke up about 3am and couldn't get back to sleep I indulged in a bit of online retail therapy. I need to go down to Dunelm later to pick up my goodies which are evidently now waiting for me. It's outside the city centre (my side) with free parking right outside. Our city centre now just seems to be bars and cafes with the odd charity shop. A pedestrianised desert in the daytime. I'm sure our local councillors are congratulating themselves on reducing emissions there.....even if there is nobody to breath them in.

Comment

• Good afternoon,raining at present, hopefully it will off before the weekend, had to go out this morning and boy are the roads busy, thankfully I dont need to drive on a daily basis, just having a quick cheese and tomato piece (sandwich) and while preparing it I wondered how folks slice their tomatoes, do you go top to bottom, bottom to top or side to side, as i said while cutting my own up it made me think on how others slice theirs, have a good day hopefully some of you will get some good weather, but no matter what keep smiling 🙂🙂🙂
      ​​​​
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• good afternoon all,feeling a little more in control of life this morning,this rain means business,i still need find mr mo jo,am sure he just playing hid and seek,have enjoyed hom emade soup and bread again,seeing as i have plenty of black kale,i am putting it with tomatoes,herbs and what ever else around the garden,i only have to buy onions,will have to get some in the freezer,reminds me,i do have some chives,must look,have a lovely afternoon
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Still pelting it down here. I've peeled and stewed another few pounds of apples, done a bit more jigsaw and finished my book.
          I accidentally trod on the Ginger Tom yesterday. He screeched and flew out. I was surprised to see him back on my windowsill this morning and let him in, but he sat for a few seconds under the kitchen table and then walked back out. I get the feeling he no longer trusts me. Either that or it was some kind of test.
          I slice my tomatoes side to side Rary
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• The rain has just got heavier as the day has gone on. It has been incessant. I HAD to go out as I needed milk, and fresh milk is one thing I can't live without and we go through gallons of it. Long life and dried milk are just not an acceptable substitute for me. While out I picked up a few bits and pieces and called at Dunelm for my order. I goqt soaked. I would probably have been more sensible if I'd put something more suitable than sandals on my feet, of course.

I have now "borrowed" one of Mr GF's massive Oodies and am snuggled up inside it. It feels like Winter. I needed headlights and the heater in the car.

Rary....tomatoes. As a child I copied my mother and sliced them top to bottom. Years later I remember a couple of work colleagues having an argument about "the right way". The Cypriot guy insisted they needed cutting side to side. At some point in my life, I don't know when, I converted to his way, which I think of as the Continental way.

Comment

• Afternoon!
              I think we’ve got off lightly this afternoon- just a bit of light drizzle. Mind you, there can’t be much left in them there clouds

Rary- my mom always cut tomatoes top to bottom but I must have had them sliced sideways in my teens whilst on hols in France and Spain which is now my preferred way.
              I adore salad dressing and that doesn’t seem to work for me on wedges.

OH has successfully replaced the trailer flooring before one of us fell through it…It’s lived outside for 12 years or more so it’s lasted well for a wooden flooring.
              New lights too!
              Now just need to get the wheel bearings replaced and she’ll be near enough as good as new
              Fit for a good few more years of abuse
              I’ve managed to sort out quite a few fiddly jobs in the house too. well…it beats ironing

I hope the rain and wind eases up soon for you all. Snoop- did you get that forecast rain in the end?
              Last edited by Nicos; Today, 03:06 PM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon

The rains not stopped all day so I’ve only been as far as the garden the ingredients for dinner.
                Rary I cut my toms top to bottom for a sandwich then in quarters to use in a salad or roasting.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I've just checked my emails and got one with these on offer in a local shop. I think I mightbjust be first in the queue tomorrow.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240930_185622_Gmail.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	2586001
                  My only worry is if I buy them I won't be able to leave them alone....... A whole kilo!

Comment

• Oh dear gf…Check out the use by date too….you may need to eat them quicker than you intended!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening all. The rain finally stopped this evening.
                      Spent the morning changing the bedding. Hubby was feeling cold so I have put the winter duvet and the electric blanket back on the bed.
                      Spent a good part of the afternoon ironing.....Jay...Did you do yours.?

Tomatoes, sliced top to bottom, and left to right as I am left handed.
                      I never thought to cut them side to side..will try it next time.
                      Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• GF am sure you not the only one,hehehe,there is a stall on Blackheath market W M,they sell lots of different thing there,also another one nearby has the bicuits cakes ext,it is so hard to have restraint,when i go,things are a lot cheaper than anywhere else,and in date,as for toms i cut mine depending what i doing with them,it also depends on how you place said tom on the chopping board,if the stalk end is uppermost or not ,see what you started Rary,good night all
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X