This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning.

An awful night's sleep. I awoke at 2 am, thought it was morning, and could not drop back off again. At 8 am when the tree fellers started up, cutting down the main trunk (totem pole), I felt shattered. Mr GF must be even deafer than I thought without his hearing aids, as he slept through the first hour of the noise of the chainsaw. I did a grory hop yesterday, so the fridge looks happy again. There are 8 litres of milk in there, so we shouldn't run out for a good few days. I am struggling to think of something I'd like to eat for dinner today. A distinct lack of inspiration.

It's 12°C and drizzling at the moment but there is a possibility that the sun might come out to play later.

Good luck with the treatment, Jay.

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzly here too. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. Sunny here and its 13 degs.
        Grory hop and a visit to the post office this morning.
        Then having my nails done as it's coming near our holidays.
        Collecting grandson from school this afternoon and so that's my day spoken for.

Jay, Good luck with your treatment and I hope your day goes well,

Snoop, I hope you get the rain that's forecast,

It's a pain when you have a sleepless night, you just cant function the next day.

Take care all and have a good one.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I've just cheered myself up!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20241002_130554.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	888.1 KB
ID:	2586105

Mine, all mine! Obviously I 'll keep offering Mr GF one....but he is not fond!

Comment

• Good afternoon all,thinking of you Jay,hope you get some rain soon Snoop,i am having a chillout day again,still seem to need more sleep,the sunshine really does make a difference,will have to get some time with the light box,see what happens,nearly time for the afternoon film on 5,i used to love snickers,its the nut crunch,i am looking forwards to next seasons growing,is good now i have some ground sorted,water collection is good ,have a lovely afternoon every one
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon All I've been in the garden clearing summer bedding. Now enjoying a cup of tea and a sit down. It's looking like rain now, so that's probably all I'll get done today.
              I've seen loads of chocolates going cheap lately, but the use by date is November 24, so no good for my Saturnalia goody bags. Have yours got a longer date GF?

Comment

• No date on the bags......but I have tried one of each........just to make sure they're okay.🤫

Edit: Found a tiny date. December 24😁
                Last edited by greenishfing; Yesterday, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• That's ok then, I dare say you'll have eaten them by then GF
                  Last edited by Florence Fennel; Yesterday, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• REF my car tax,last few years they have taken it out automatic,this year as you know i had my MOT,and realized it not gone out the bank,so,after some googlin around,realized again i not had a renewal,eventually got it done online,what a carry on,it took several goes for me to understand some imfo,but eventually did it,all this for £35 yes thats correcti have also read variouse things on car tax of the future,and wonder if its been altered,so if your due be warned,to not rely on them sending due notice,i had look for a 12 digit no on driving licence,this is what foxed me to start with,it was found in V5 document in the new owner green bit,dohhhh me,my marbels must be in better form from all all the sleep i keep having,
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                      That's ok then, I dare say you'll have eaten them by then GF
                      I dare say I will.😁😁 However, if not, best before dates are completely ignored here......within reason. (What is reason???)
                      Last edited by greenishfing; Yesterday, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Evening

The rain stopped and the sun came out

We had a stroll over the the supermarket then had visitors this afternoon. So a good day here.

enjoy your chocs GF
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Another bad night sleeping so it’s a late start for me.
                          Looks like we have the wind and drizzle today, so not sure what gardening will get done!

We have to collect our pneumonia vaccines at some point today so apart from that, not quite sure!

Anyway, enjoy your day peeps
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning
                            According to 3 weather forecasts its supposed to be fine here we just got the laundry out as it rained. Don't you just hate that.

Plan for today is sorting out the GH, removing finished plants and general tidying.

Enjoy your day

waves at Nicos you sneaked in while i was posting.
                            Last edited by Bren In Pots; Today, 08:39 AM.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here. My laundry is in the machine, so I hope it brightens up. Grory Hop delivery soon. Have a good day

Comment

• Good morning all.

Commiserations Nicos, I'm another who has had a bad night's sleep. Awake at 4.30am, ended up doing sudokus on my phone. We can't blame the full moon....it's a new one.

Why do you have to collect your vaccines, Nicos? What do you do with them then?

I've just had a text reminder to my phone that Mr GF, his brother and myself have got our flu jabs tomorrow at our surgery. Last year the doctor stuck a pneumococcal vaccine in my other arm while I was there for the flu jab.

Time to get something done now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X