Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all..its bright and breezy here at 12 degs.
    Laundry is out flying in the breeze,
    Lots of errands this morning and some domestics.
    Some tidying in the garden and the greenhouse this afternoon.

Flo, I was surprised to see you had cut your dahlias down so early.
    Mine are still flowering really well and looking healthy.

Nicos is the pneumonia vaccine a one off, I have heard conflicting reports.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Were you not happy about the pneumococcal vaccine, GF?

Very dull and a very chilly wind out there. I've got gardening I need to do as well. Supposedly going to brighten up later on. If not, I'll have to dress up very warm. We had rain yesterday. 8 mm and very welcome they were too.

So far today, I've done a few admin jobs I've been putting off. Goodness knows why - they weren't that awful in the end. I shouldn't procrastinate so much... Got a bit of paid work I need to finish and then, weather permitting, out in the garden.

Oh, I should say that if you haven't seen the smiles yet, they were very late setting off. Missy had us all awake till 2.00 am, fighting (mostly) with Mr Snoop's newspaper. Very funny, but we're all tired this morning. It has to be said that the smiles were more sensible than us. They enjoyed the show at a distance and didn't join in... My hands are rather sore this morning.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Snoop, I was very happy about having the pneumococcal jab at the same time as the flu jab. No extra trip to the doctor's and, as someone who hates needles, it was done before I got to do any extra worrying about it. No ill effects either.

Comment

• The dahlias were in tubs too small for them Bramble. I've never grown them before and misjudged how big they would be. I'm going to put them in bigger containers next year if I can get them to overwinter. Do you lift yours?
          I too was awake at half four this morning. Neck ache was plaguing me until half six, so I read what is proving to be a dreary book. I dropped off holding a cup of tea, which spilt on to the bed and woke me up with a shock!
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning , a rather misty start and only 5° but it’s brightening up a bit now.
            Treatment went well yesterday and got good scan results too so very happy! Thanks for the kind words folks!
            Have a great day everyone!! x
            sigpic

Comment

• That's good news Jay x

Comment

• Afternoon!
                We get a prescription for our vaccines ( apart from Covid where you just turn up) then store in the fridge until you can get an appointment with the nurse,

I’ll let you know if it’s a one-off. There are several ( 3, I think) different types so maybe they’re all different.
                The temporary GP said two, then every five years. The pharmacist said he’d prescribed the wrong one so was going to order a different one with their permission.
                Feeling quite pleased as it was only covering 13 different strains. I think the others are 20 and 23….so either will please me!
                Will let you know about the follow-ups.
                We’re not having them until next week as we have a local event we’re helping with on Saturday , so don’t want to feel ill if we react.

Looks like we have sunshine here for the rest of the afternoon at least. Fingers crossed it dries the lawns enough to cut as it’s growing like bonkers!
                We got some lettuce plugs so I need to get those out and rake up the bark chippings on the raised beds pathways as they need replacing. So that’s the next project in the potager.
                Still got loads to do around the patio but it’s a matter of priorities.

Our next house DIY is planned ( never ending!!!!)..
                We replaced a door with a long window in our lounge. It’s south facing and gets very sunny/ hot and as it’s pointing in the predominant wind/ rain direction the poor window frame isn’t coping with the extremes of weather . Plus, although double glazed it must let heat out.
                So….we’re going to make a door type shutter to close in the summer midday sun and , when we get the bouncy rain hitting it ,and when it’s really cold in winter.
                We’ve loads of yacht varnish to use too, so that’s a bonus.
                That should protect the paintwork of the door and help regulate the indoor temperatures.

Don’t ya just love a good project
                Last edited by Nicos; Today, 12:23 PM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Jay…..that’s absolutely wonderful news. So, so pleased for you xxxx

Comment

• Good news indeed, Jay.

Not good news about the tea, Flo. I know because I've done that too more than once.

Comment

• OH did exactly that on the sofa about a week after we bought it….with a glass of red wine

Comment

• Luckily it was only a small spill (although at the time it felt like a torrent) so I'm not changing the cover. It's dark green waffle, so not showing (well, a blind man on a galloping horse ).
                        That's quite a project Nicos. Have fun!

Comment

• I've just been playing with my new vacuum cleaner. I'm really pleased with its light weight. Much better than my last one. Little things

Comment

• Afternoon

Laundries all dry GH is tidy and apples picked.

Back indoors to juice more apples then afternoon teas next.

Good news about your treatment and scan Jay xx

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,brilliant news JAY,more washing FF it's easy done,made myself a coffee,went to put the kettle back and my dressing gown sleave sent it flying,so a quick mop up was had,went to get some beans and they have blown down,and no more flowers,so thats them done for another year,am thinking next year maybe sow a few seed in the green house about august,and see if it extends them,the Dahlia are doing ok,the canna lillies have decided not to bother,toms are almost done as are cues,as for the 1 courgette plant,it has done no good ,it has grown very big,but the fruits have been few and far between,and not grown,i will have to go have a sort out of things,we supposed to be having a few days off better weather,today has been good,pleased you got some rain Snoop
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X