Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks again everyone, really very much appreciated!
    Bramble I got the pneumococcal (pneumonia/meningitis) vaccine a while ago, I believe it’s a one off.
    sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

Silly o'clock again and I'm wide awake for no good reason.

Mr GF was feeling off it last night, shivery and achey. I gave him his birthday present early, the heated throw. He thinks it's marvellous.

I've had a walk round and a glass of milk so Im going to try snuggling down again now.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Brrrrrrr…we have a white frosty morning!
        Forecast 4C but its1C now …most plants covered up, but not all. Pity to lose some as we have one more night of frost forecast then night temperatures of 12C…what a contrast!

Think I’ll wait a tad longer for the central heating to kick in before I make a brew! Brrrrr…..
        Even Hibou realises it’s cold out there- she’s not asked to go out yet!

I guess I’ll be checking out the frost damage later.

Whats everyone up to this weekend? I’m going to hunt out my parkin recipe for sure.

Well, whatever you get up to today, have fun!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Early happy birthday to Mr GF. It's Mr Snoop's birthday today. And I don't have a present for him. In my defence, he asked for something very specific, so I said he'd have to show me online to make sure I got the right thing. But we never got around to it. Perhaps just as well as yesterday he suggested something else, a joint present for both our birthdays and Christmas.

Very chilly here, but no frost. Same here, Nicos. Two cold nights and then back up to 12 ºC or so.

On the cards for today: well I've already wasted half an hour watching Frankie and Missy circling each other, but I think he's coming round. His swipes don't seem quite as malicious, a bit more playful. And now I'd better settle to work. Bit of gardening and then I'm not sure. I need to get back on top of what's in the freezers in the village house. Mr Snoop has moved a load of boxes so I can actually get at one of them. He tells me one of them was a box of flour, which came as a bit of a surprise. I haven't done any baking for months now. Wonder if I can still remember how to make bread.

Right, better get on with the show. Have a great day everyone.
          Last edited by Snoop Puss; Yesterday, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• Morning all, and Happy Birthday to Mr Snoop! No baking for months, Snoop? What's Mr S going to do for a birthday cake?

Hmm, just digressed for a moment, thinking about your box of flour, Snoop, to look up flour beetles. Then I found we have one here called the confused flour beetle (???). THEN I found a company that actually sells the critters. Who buys them??
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning again. A much more civilised hour now.

It's 7°C and murky here. No rain forecast for today however and maybe a touch of sunshine later.

Mothawk, I'm the same. I end up looking up the weirdest things when my thoughts go off at a tangent. What did we do without the world at our fingertips? I must be a mine of useless information these days. As for the damage I can do with a debit card as well.

Comment

• Morning

It's sunny but cool here, best place is in my GH the temp is 22c

No plans today but hopefully most of it will be spent outdoors.

Sending birthday wishes to Mr Snoop.

Enjoy your day.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                  Morning all, and Happy Birthday to Mr Snoop! No baking for months, Snoop? What's Mr S going to do for a birthday cake?

Hmm, just digressed for a moment, thinking about your box of flour, Snoop, to look up flour beetles. Then I found we have one here called the confused flour beetle (???). THEN I found a company that actually sells the critters. Who buys them??
                  There is no cake. Anyway, he told me what he wanted for pudding today and it's the cheapest, most commercial ice cream you could ever imagine. I don't know why I bother if that's the kind of thing he chooses. Or perhaps he's just being kind and letting me off the hook. In case anyone is wondering, it's our local supermarket's own-brand version of Viennetta. It's like eating air bubbles swaddled in sweet whipped plastic.

As for flour weevils, that's a possibility. But unlikely (I hope). My supplier sells flour in bags made of thick plastic. Not very environmentally friendly , but perfect for storage here. When we started the building work, I came across a bag of flour three years past its use-by date. It looked in perfect condition. I haven't thrown it out. At the very least, I can use it to make crackers or the like as treats for the dog.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all,Dull and breezy but its 12 degs and no rain forecast.

Happy birthday to Me Snoop, hope he has a lovely day,

Nicos, that's a low temp, hope your plants survived.

We' re out this evening to celebrate one of our friends birthday.
                      A busy day before that with lots of odd jobs to do.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• The sun is shining brightly now, and it feels very pleasant outside. Mr GF, his brother, and I have just been down to the doctor's surgery for our flu jabs. It was very organised. They had a separate reception desk for checking in for the jabs and a one-way system through the building, with two rooms for the jabs. We were literally straight in and out as none of us had layers of clothes to remove. We were actually home by the time we were booked in for the jabs. Mr GF is now belatedly getting round to having a croissant and strawberry jam.

Comment

• Afternoon all,a cold one here,the boiler has had it's annual servis,something else out the way plus he sorted out the hive problem,i can now control the heating easier,Happy birthday MR Snoop,am sure you will have no bother remembering how to bake bread Snoop,GF no fun is it waking up at silly o clock,have a lovely afternoon everyone
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Ok so now I really must chop the Apple tree good and proper! Another 10 buckets in the green bin. My back is going to suffer tomorrow. In case you're wondering, I did offer them to several charity organisations, but they all said they had more than enough already!
                            Glad your heating is sorted Lottie.
                            Happy Birthday to Mr Snoop.
                            Right, no sign of refreshment so back at it
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon

It’s been a lovely sunny day but still rather cool out of the sun, I could have done with my gloves when we went for a walk.
                              GH hopefully our pharmacy will be as organised when we go for our Covid/flu jabs.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

And as expected…our second night of frost. Hopefully that’s it now for a few days!

Funnily enough Bren, I got out my snood and gloves yesterday so they are more handy rather than tucked away in a bedroom drawer!

I need to focus on my crafting today - only got 7 weeks now until the Xmas Fair so it’s time to rummage through my boxes and start creating!
                                This evening is our mussels and chips event so I’ll be going along later to help with the washing up. Over 160 people coming so we’re working in shifts! Should be a fun evening.

Whats everyone else up to?
                                Have fun, whatever you do xx
                                Last edited by Nicos; Today, 05:59 AM.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X