This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

Nicos its coming to that time of year when we need to wrap up or be cold, it just takes some getting used to.

No plans here for the weekend but something usually crops up.

Enjoy your day
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. It's a beautiful blue sky and sunshine here without a breath of wind. 9°C.

I got my boots out a couple of weeks ago but haven't put them on yet. My sandals are still my go to footwear. I hate Winter clothes and the feeling of being wrapped up tight. Hats, scarves and gloves are a very, very rare event. As a child I used to hate the weight of lots of blankets and the candlewick bedspread on the bed in Winter. They weighed a ton. Oh! The joy of a duvet the first time I used one, in Austria.

I made three banana loaves yesterday afternoon. The hard part now is leaving them alone for a few days until they go sticky. Two of them are to give away, much to Mr GF's dismay.

We don't seem to have any after effects from the flu jab, apart from slightly achey arms.🤞 Mr GF tried to convince me yesterday that he didn't need one as he never catches flu. I wonder why. 🤔 He seemed to have the idea that he'd just stay in the car while his brother and I had them.🤣🤣

Nothing important on the cards for today so maybe some housework.🫣🤫..... or not!

Comment

• Morning, it’s a dull 13° this morning with some overnight rain.
          Hope Mr. Snoop had a lovely birthday. Glad to hear all ok after your jabs GF got mine on the 20th.
          Enjoy your mussels and chips event Nicos, sounds like fun.
          I must say I prefer winter clothing to summer as I can hide myself away!!
          Have a great day everyone. x
          sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Mr Snoop had a fine day yesterday till it came to supper. Total let-down, for which I am to blame (apart from the ice cream, for which I take no responsibility). With any luck, it'll be like gardening though: there's always next year.

Bright day today and ridiculously warm after a cold night. This morning rather got taken up by man who donated us Missy coming to visit her. Really nice man and fortunately she eventually remembered him.

Off for twenty winks (not enough time for forty) before I do a bit of gardening.

Glad the jabs went OK, GF. Fingers crossed the same for all the rest of us.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon all,cold this morning,so pleased i can put the heating on for a while each day as needed,i have been engrosed in my seeds and the catalogue,list is now made,and some seeds put to test/chit,have founf a couple of pts that i can sow now,my head is all go,see what tomorrow brings,i am tempted to pull up the greenhouse stuff,after all,it is warmer in there,and start getting ready for next season,i have 2 box of shelving left from the garage tidy up,each one will give me 4 units ,40 x 90 cm,so that will go down both sides of the greenhouse,it will need to have some wood attached to the bottoms to stop it sinking,and something else on the top for staging,i hope to have a better turnout in 2025,mor rain barrels need to be put in place on bricks,we have plenty,then get water transfered to them,i just wish i had a garden buddy,as it would spur me on,my head is well ahead of the game,is good to have a focus,have a good rest of the day everyone
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• OK. Me again. Sorry I’ve got a lot going on in my world at the moment. I haven’t read anyone’s posts and haven’t caught up. The life I’m living would stretch the incredulity of any soap opera. Anyway, my youngest son (living with me temporarily) brought 2 friends home today. They asked about a bit of furniture and I told them it’s a jukebox. Actually a Wurlitzer. Does it work? Yes but…. It definitely worked when I saw it first but the autochanger has given up the ghost. I suddenly have the full attention of my guests. I now have both my sons and two of their friends gagging to stick their heads into my jukebox and get it working. I do have the maintenance manual. I can force it to play, but it means I don’t actually know what record it’s going play.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good to see you, JanieB.

A Wurlitzer? Might be worth your while checking out the value before you let them 'mend' it. I believe they're quite valuable these days. Good luck!

Comment

• Afternoon

GF I'm the opposite I like to feel warm wrapped up inlayers, if I'm out and about its lined walking trousers, thermal, fleece jumper, jacket, scarf and gloves.. It just takes some getting used to, it was only a few weeks ago I was wearing shorts

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X