• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brill news about the rain Snoop!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Good news on your Rain Snoop, pity I can't send you some of mine we have rain here for the day.

No real plans here apart from making a batch of Brambles soup this morning, that and Briam are my favourite tomato recipes.

enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here too Bren. A pity because I was going to liberally pour bleach around the shed and the patio in an attempt to deter the latest rat and kill some weeds at the same time. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

Grey and murky here with rain forecast by lunchtime. Snoop, you're more than welcome to come and siphon some away!

I've really noticed this morning how bare some of the trees are getting. I can see the magpies nest again that has been hidden by greenery all Summer.

Mr GF got another birthday present delivered this morning, from my sister, so he's feeling happy.

I been trying to decide whether to do a grory hop today or tomorrow. On balance I think tomorrow as Aldi never seem to have frozen croissants on Tuesdays, and we are low on them.

Flo, I've never heard of using bleach to deter rats. Does it work?

I think I'll deliver a couple of the banana loaves I made later. They should have gone sticky by now.

Comment

• Good morning all, it's raining here as well.
            Just watered the remaining tomatoes in the greenhouse.
            My grandson will look after them while I am away.

Snoop, glad you got the rain you were needing.

Nicos, How quickly the bill adds up, you couldn't live here with everything being so expensive.
            I do believe Ireland is the most expensive country in Europe.

Anyway, we are off to the airport at lunchtime,
            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I've read somewhere that rats don't like the smell of bleach GF, so worth a try. I've tried vinegar, but it didn't work.
              Have a good holiday Bramble.
              Last edited by Florence Fennel; Today, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Have a great time bramble xx
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Have a good time, Bramble.

As for bills, it used to be we never spent over a hundred euros in a single shop, now it's never below. And sometimes well over...

Comment

• Afternoon all.

The gas boiler was due for its annual service today, and I had noticed there was a bit of a drip from somewhere, so I was a bit worried about it. I was right to be - the drip was from inside all the gubbins, which meant a whole chunk of the workings needed replacing, plus the seal had gone on a gasket, plus blah,blah, blah, and the end result is I need a new boiler. It's 12 years old so I guess it's not done badly. And at least it will be done before the real cold weather (if we get any) sets in.

So, how's everyone else's day going?
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                      So, how's everyone else's day going?
                      Cheaper than yours, MH.

Is it just my imagination or are boilers not lasting as long as they used to? Also, and I know this sounds a bit conspiracy theory, but their lifespans seem to be shrinking ever since it became common to get them serviced regularly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Cheaper than yours, MH.

Is it just my imagination or are boilers not lasting as long as they used to? Also, and I know this sounds a bit conspiracy theory, but their lifespans seem to be shrinking ever since it became common to get them serviced regularly.
                        I try not to buy into conspiracy theories, but.........Yes. Also they "might" suppposedly be more efficient, blah, blah but as effective .... I don't think so.

Comment

• Our boiler is 25 years old

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                            Have a good time, Bramble.

As for bills, it used to be we never spent over a hundred euros in a single shop, now it's never below. And sometimes well over...
                            It's a relief to hear that, I was beginning to think that my Grory Hop was extravagant, when it's not. Everything is so much more expensive these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                              Our boiler is 25 years old
                              My parents got through two boilers in eight years, the first of them because it became obsolete after just four years and a spare part couldn't be found. Before that, they had one boiler for decades.

Comment

• Hi all,pleased for you about getting rain Snoop,Bramble have a good time and safe travel,shopping has shot up since covid,any excuse to make profit,i noticed tins of a braned soup,used to be 2.50 for a pack of 4,the way they are going it will soon be 2.for 1,and is only 1 item,a lot of peeps rely on them,it is much cheaper in the long run to buy a machine and make your own,especialy for those that do not cook,well all i WAS going to today ho hum,i have had a very lazy day,rain,rain again,it seems more noticable being on ones own,looks like it be better after lunch time,but i can be gratfull for not getting involved with floods,poor people,have a good evening
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X