• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheeky so’n’sos !
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Well done with the oysters, Nicos, do you cook them, (thinking barbie on the beach now) or down them raw? I've not tried them as my sister discovered in her younger days that she is allergic to bivalves, so I never wanted to risk it in case I am too.

GF, I use a digital thermometer like this one. I find it extremely useful. The only drawback is that when making jams you can't leave it in the pan as the top is made of plastic and the hot saucepan sides will melt it. I use it for anything that needs a temperature check, though I still have to get the jam thermometer out to see the setting temps as I can never remember between jam, and soft ball, hard ball etc.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Thanks MH….we only found another 6 just now, but a load of cockles , so OH is very happy!
        Raw oysters with lemon juice, but our neighbour always prefers hers cooked, so I should ask her what she does. Probably garlic butter and breadcrumbs on the bbq.
        The cockles we’ll cook in the pasta water this evening.
        We’ll be buying quite a few oysters tomorrow from the local producers to take back with us and share with our neighbours!

GF…in our last uk home, we used to have a grey squirrel which used to look in through our cat flap. It never worked out quite how to get in, but we were at the point of changing it for one which recognises a cat collar…but then we moved here.
        I can imagine they could make quite a mess given a free reign inside a house

Comment

• ^That's a good buy, MH.

I have a traditional jam thermometer (glass thermometer in a brass frame) and gave up on it after I washed it up and realised that it moved up and down in the frame. Impossible to tell what the real temperature was. I've bought a digital one with a probe so I can leave it in a deep fat fryer on the hob without damaging a plastic part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

GF…in our last uk home, we used to have a grey squirrel which used to look in through our cat flap. It never worked out quite how to get in, but we were at the point of changing it for one which recognises a cat collar…but then we moved here.
            I can imagine they could make quite a mess given a free reign inside a house
            One of my favourite Christmas films is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. They end up with a rampaging squirrel.

Comment

• Evening all,good luck with the oysters,and hope alls well with blood tests,as seaguls,i will never forget the ice cream WAS enjoying a while back at the coast,and sqirrels where we used to live,going along top the fence nibling the new buds,had a better sleep last night and,a better day,and still droped of for a few winks,hope i settle tonight,ordered my seeds last night,gulp,most of them will be still around ok for another year or two,so not need so many there after,it depends on my ability to carry on coping with it,one has to be realistic,have a good travel Snoop,have a good evening all
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                Breaking camp this morning…

We had a lovely wander down the shoreline yesterday evening and collected loads of rubbish- mostly plastic - to put in the skip left nearby for that very purpose.
                Felt good to help contribute but it really makes you think twice about buying things wrapped in plastic both from the pollution aspect and also potential for wildlife consuming / dying inside it.

Right- best crack on. Safe travels Snoop!

Comment

• Good Morning Nicos and All. Very dark here and starting to rain. Haircut for me later. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

I didn't have very good nights sleep, our pharmacy doesn't do Flu and Covid jabs in the same arm in case of reactions so both arms ached. Should be fine in a day or so.
                    Most of the markings have disappeared from my Jam thermometer next time I'll buy one with raised markings instead. I still do the plate test though out of habit.

Safe journey Snoop.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Thanks for the good wishes. Mr Snoop will need them tomorrow as he's taking my car for its six-monthly MOT. It hasn't been anywhere since he brought it home after the last one. Not my fault though, as it looked like it wouldn't start. Turned out to be a loose battery terminal. Just as well I never need to go anywhere. Good to have a car of my own though, just in case of emergencies.

Right, last minute panic before I set off. Will try and drop in on Thursday. If not, see you Friday.

Have a great few days, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all,chilly again,heating on for a couple of hours,see what the day brings when i wake up properly,have a good day all,and safe journey for those traveling,Snoop bring us some of your warn weather,you can take our rain,have a good day everyone
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning.

A grey and drizzly one here.

I've just spent ages on the phone to the car insurance company this morning. It was supposed to be on automatic renewal unless I said not to, but something went wrong......... I knew it was supposed to renew today, but on checking, no money had gone out of the bank. To cut a long story short, it's sorted now, and they now have to contact me in advance regarding payment. (I can't believe how organised I'm getting in my old age.)

We're off to a local sports club for our covid jabs shortly. I've got to pick up Mr GF's brother on the way.

Comment

• afternoon all,well my day was chosen for me with a phone call,instead of my car going in tomorrow,iwas asked if i could oblige as soon as,as they had space,so i said yes,then thought,oh i need milk,so took the trolly with me,and walked after,i spent some money on 3 new outfits,took myself for a scone and hot choc in store after shopping,then had 30 winks and watched rest of the film on 5,now where has today gone ,should have the car back tomorrow,and relieve the bank of more money,it is still better than another car,

Comment

• Sounds like a good day Lottie
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                                Good Morning Nicos and All. Very dark here and starting to rain. Haircut for me later. Have a good day
                                Your hair looks nice Flo
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X