• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

Your hair looks nice Flo
    Thanks Bren I expect you noticed it's not as short. I'm growing it
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I am really upset as I've just broken my favourite small vegetable knife. It was ancient. I must admit that I was using it to lever some frozen potted meat out of an ice cube tray.

Over the years I must admit that I have broken various implements in the kitchen, garden and allotment by using them as levers. I just hope that the new one that I have just ordered online is half as good as the original.
      Last edited by greenishfing; Yesterday, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• good morning all,where is everyone,i am only up as i had a bad night again,oh dear GF,keep a small new wide headed screw driver in the kitchen draw,it is much stronger,hope to pick my car up later on,i bet it will be when am having another snooze,have a good day all
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning.

Sorry to hear about your lack of sleep LD. It's awful, isn't it? I awoke at 2 am for some unknown reason.

I need to do a grory hop really today. I could leave it until tomorrow but Thursday is usually much busier than Wednesday. I've noticed that ALL the shops are full of Halloween tat accompanying the Christmas tat now. I suppose we're lucky that we haven't been subjected to Christmas muzak yet. I think a chorus of "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" might just be a step too far.

Fortunately neither Mr GF or I seem to have any after effects from yesterdays Covid jab. I'll check on my brother in law later when I take him another banana loaf.

The weather looks really miserable, not cold, but very wet and grey. Hardly the season of mellow fruitfulness. Spring seems a long way away.

Time now to stop moaning and get something useful done.

Comment

• Good Morning All Gloomy here and just starting to rain. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

GF I think we're all guilty of using something handy as a lever usually it works out fine so it comes as a surprise when it doesn't.

Grory hop here as well some point today, GF we always go on Wednesday its much less hassle than when its busy.

enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Shopping is done. I have bought more dried fruit ready for making cakes but there was no ground almonds. This might just become an excuse to visit Sainsbury's later this week. Mr GF does want some of his favourite bacon as well. My stash of soft blue cheese is also getting low and theirs is good at ambushing me and jumping into my basket. 🤫

I just happened to glance at the olive oil shelf today. I haven't bought any for ages and I can't believe the price now. Wow! I know olives have gone up but the oil seems to have gone up disproportionately.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Sorry to disappear but we were very much camping off grid at the second location and had absolutely no service!..Funnily enough there were internet cables everywhere but no phone service.
                  We ended up on a beach which was really rocky…and spotted seals!
                  Sooo sweet. One guy was telling us all about them and one herd/ pod was actually using the beach near to where we were camping on as their high tide snoozing spot. Naturally we kept well away from them.
                  It was surprising how many people turned up just to take a quick look .
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I bought in quite a lot of olive oil last year gf when Snoop warned us.
                    I have also been trying out other oils and rather like avacado oil now too as you hardly need any.

Comment

• I forgot to mention…we had 23C on the coast today…bonkers!
                      But very much enjoyed.
                      I’d taken all my winter ‘survival gear’ for wandering along the beach but ended up in a tea shirt!
                      Frustratingly we had cloud both evenings so no chance of seeing that comet. Did anyone actually get to see it?

Comment

• Evening all,your back all muscled up,thats interesting about the avacardo oil Nicos,not heard of it ,aparently my car has had the new belt fitted,and i can pick it tomorrow morning,they just tweeking around now,and will give a final test in the morning,from what i have picked up about cam belts,mine has done well,someone looking down on me,my seed testing is nearly done,i have ended up with some beginings of new plants all brassica,just need to get them into some compost and see if they develop into anything,and hope the darned slugs keep away,some hope,at least i now know where were living,in my bed of cabbage,the kale and sprouting seem ok,have a good evening all
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X