This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

A good nights sleep here my first after having my Covid/flu jabs on Monday.

Instead of cod liver oil I remember having 'Albert orange tablets' it was years later i found they were actually called Halibut oil tablets

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, on for a moan hope you don’t mind!
      Treatment day yesterday. All good and felt good even managed to sleep too. Got up this morning feeling great bent down to take laundry out of washing machine and have done something to my back!! I’ve had a feeling off and on like sciatica recently so don’t know if it’s something to do with that.😡
      Anyhoo not sure whether to rest up or move about.
      Sorry for the moan…hope you all have a great day! x
      sigpic

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Jay. If you can pinpoint the pain, maybe rest with an ice pack, or if it's a general ache, keep moving. Conflicting advice I know! Hope you feel better soon x
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Yikes Jay….you don’t need this on top of everything else
          I’m a hot water bottle fan. So easily done too.
          I’ve used a scarf before now to hold a HWB in place which was tucked down the back of my trousers. I guess a belt might work to hold in place.
          I’m sure my neighbours must think me a bit odd at times!
          Hope it settles quickly x
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all.

I'd written out a long moan here after having the new boiler fitted yesterday. It did me good and put me in a better mood, so I deleted it - no need to share that. Suffice to say I had a terrible night's sleep because the boiler would not turn off, the house was at 25C all night. The company sent out another engineer today, and surprise, the boiler had been wired up to the thermostat incorrectly. So all fixed now and pleased it was an easy fix.

So having to be in both days, no grory hop yet, which means I'll have to go tomorrow on the busiest day Got my covid jab booked and my Mum's had hers, so the train's going in the right direction once more, and no tunnels in sight
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Glad that is sorted MH…
              The heat I would deffo enjoy…but not the electricity charges!!!

Tomorrow….either then or Monday…we need to get our Covid vaccinations done.
              I think we need to have a gap between that and flu in that we’ve had …

Comment

• Thanks both. I’ve done some stretches and used alternate heat and cold. I’ve also taken some ibuprofen so although pain still there it has eased a bit.
                I’ve got my Covid/flu vaccine on Sunday hoping for no side effects! 🤞
                sigpic

Comment

• HI all,gee wizz Jay,thats no good,could you have cought a nerve,i get them,and some days its really bad,or walking along then get stabing pains ext,it goes away,eventualy,glad i not picking up the heating tab Mothhawk,any chance of some compo from the people that did the bad job,hahaha girls ref potions of years gone by,they is already some post's/ancient memories on here somewhere,got my car back,the bank is lighter,hearing aids sorted,i have no idea where the ek this week has gone
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon

We've spent the day outdoors making the most of the sunshine., our next rain seems to be on Saturday.

Hope your back soon eases Jay xx

Comment

• Morning all.

I went to bed at 7pm yestrday and slept through till 6am today, so i've caught up on my sleepless night and feel as fresh and bouncy as a new-born lamb.

Early grory hop today, then i must email my sister - in the boiler hassle I completely missed her wedding anniversary, and it was one of the big ones.

Hope your back is feeling better for a night's sleep Jay.

I know what you mean about the week disappearing, Lottie, where do the days go? Glad yor car and hearing aids are sorted.

Have a good day all
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

It looks like being a dry with a bit of sunshine once the fog clears.

MH it must have been uncomfortable with your heating that high but a good nights sleep works wonders. Hope its all sorted now.

Comment

• Morning all.

Sympathy like, Jay. Hope your back is on the mend.

Well done on the car, LD. Mr Snoop's is in for its MOT next week. If it passes, we'll get the cam belt done. Over 200 K miles on the clock when we bought it last year and it hadn't been changed by the previous owners. My car went in for its MOT while I was away and passed. A huge but very welcome surprise.

Weather dry and breezy. But while I was way, it was very wet and windy. So I missed all the fun.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.

I started writing this an hour and a half ago while waiting for the heating to work it's magic. I then decided to just snuggle back in for "ten minutes" though. A very elastic ten minutes it would appear. I didn't sleep badly at all last night. I can't say I feel as bouncy as MH, a new born lamb, this morning but at least I'm ready to face the day with a smile.

I called in Sainsburys yesterday to get some of Mr GF's favourite bacon on and got a large bag of ground almonds. I've no excuse now to not start making Christmas cakes. To be fair, with the trusty old Kenwood and greaseproof cake tin liners, they are not exactly difficult. The job I used to hate was lining tins with greaseproof.

For some weird reason I forgot blue cheese however!!😢

Jay, I hope you're feeling less pain today.

Off to make more coffee now and put a croissant in the oven for Mr GF.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here so washing machine doing overtime. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                                Late start for me- I was up half the night with a tummy bug I actually didn’t eat anything for supper as I was already feeling a bit ‘off’
                                Much better now, but feeling pretty bruised if you know what I mean

Hope you are improving Jay - did you manage to find a comfy sleeping position?

Good to see you back Snoop - very chuffed re your car - such moneypits but what on earth would we do without one!

A very gentle day ahead for me - we’ve postponed our neighbours coming over for a meal - not sure if I could pass on this bug, but also I’d probably be very dull company and fall asleep at the table!

At least we got everything unpacked , cleaned and repacked after our trip away before starting to feel ‘dodgy’
                                ‘Dodgy’…. That’s a nice fun-sounding word isn’t it?

Enjoy your day peeps…OH certainly is…he’s setting up the electric chainsaw I bought him for his birthday!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X