Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope your stomach settles quickly, Nicos. I like the word "dodgy" too, and the word "dicky". I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to remember who, on TV had a "dicky ticker".

Flo, I think it's time my washer earned it's keep too....and we've got sunshine too.

Comment

• Morning all. It’s a rather dull windy day today. Took some ibuprofen before bed last night so managed a good sleep. Boy sore backs are so debilitating aren’t they?
      Glad to hear all the lost sleep has been caught up with and the cars have all passed their MOT’s!!
      Hope you are feeling better today Nicos!
      Still no rary or CG? Hope all is well!
      Enjoy your day folks!! x
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
        I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to remember who, on TV had a "dicky ticker".
        ***hands up!…..I know this one gf

It was from ‘Allo ‘Allo ….Kenneth Connor as Monsieur Alfonse

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all,sunshine here as well,hope the tummy bug settles Nicos,and well done with your hands up,be blown if know the answer,pleased your back is responding Jay,and welcome back Snoop,am sure Rary will pop up again,just hope he ok,my seeds arrived this morning,all 29 PKs,it really does make the fingers twitch,you all know that feeling,i got plenty to do to occupy myself going forwards,have a good day
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            Pitch black here and two tawny owls hooting away here in the rain.

Anyone fancy a brew?
            Tummy feeling bruised but vastly improved thanks.
            Not nice at all, but certainly one way to kick start a diet!

Wow Lottie!…all those packets of seeds!…how exciting
            A promise of things to come eh? ( weather dependant ​​​​​​)
            Lets hope next year doesn’t have such extremes of weather!

Today I intend to start raking up some leaves and pop them in the compost.
            I’m determined to make more this year. I keep intending to, but so many get mulched back into the lawns instead. Nice healthy grass I know, but I want the veggie patches to get their fair share too.

So…what’s everyone up to this weekend?
            One more week until the clocks go back so I guess we need to make the most of the lighter evenings whilst we can!

Enjoy your day peeps…and in Rary’s absence , may I remind you…”share a smile”
            Last edited by Nicos; Today, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Not much gardening here today its rather wet and soggy out after a night of heavy rain.

Instead I'll be in my craft room i want to make a few of birthday cards, I might even make a start of Christmas ones.

Enjoy your day
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Dry out there, but a bit chilly. Probably ideal weather for the big task of the day: go and dig/two Mr Snoop's car out of the mud when he went off the edge of the track and into a very wet, newly ploughed field. Personally, I reckon he'll have to eat humble pie and get someone with a tractor to haul him out. It's a Seat Alhambra, so not a small vehicle. I am successfully avoiding telling him 'told you so'. I suggested he take my car (4x4 with mud tyres) instead of his own last night...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Yikes Snoop - I guess the tractor is the best way forward!

My OH , many years ago, managed to slip sideways into a deep ditch by the side of the road ( most narrow minor roads here have very deep drainage ditches) It was covered in leaves so he had no idea it was there…lesson learned….

It’s 15C here at the moment - quite balmy- but it’s just refusing to get lighter! Loads more rain on its way I guess.

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here. Think I'll have a go at making some Parkin today. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

We've not been up very long. Mr GF has tossed and turned all night and woke up with a streaming cold, feeling very sorry for himself. I hope he is not his normal generous self with his germs. I dreamed that I was teaching somebody how to grow squashes.

Snoop, I hope you manage to rescue the car!

I'd happily forgotten about the hour going back. I hate the dark early nights. I don't care about mornings because they are generally miserable anyway in Winter. It seems so unfair that Spain and France are mostly west of us yet are an hour in front. I can't even rebel really as even the car clock changes by itself these days. In the past I have been known to leave it on summer time all year and confuse Mr GF. 🤣🤣

Croissant time now I think.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

As I'm a lark, not an owl, I prefer the lighter mornings of UT rather than the light evenings of BST, so I'm always happy when the clocks go back, plus a whole extra hour in the day - lovely. (sorry GF)

Hope Mr S gets his car out without too much hassle, Snoop!
                        Last edited by mothhawk; Today, 12:03 PM.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,whoops about the car,defo a tractor,that reminds me of years ago,we were at a steam rally with caravan ext,the Saturday night was torential rain,and the only vehicle that made it of under it's own engine,was a robin relient,all the rest off us was by the trusty tractors,good luck with it,i hate the dark nights as well,it makes you feel traped in when on your own,Yes Nicos 29,they are a mix of veg and flowers,some are varieties of the same cultivar,plus the odd one's of must try,have a lovely day
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X