This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all
    Commiserations on the MOT Snoop…that’ll be expensive but it’ll probably last the life of the car now?
    Enjoy the rain!
    Frustratingly , we woke up to a heavy frost…I checked just before dark and we were forecast 8C so I didn’t cover anything up. Pah.
    Oh well, I still can’t believe that we still have nasturtiums and it’s almost November!

Apple juice lollies…mmm….oh gosh snoop….you could press vanilla icecream etc into those moulds then dip them in chocolate!…wow…much cheaper!

I’m off for a quick grory hop later - almost run out of milk. Might as well grab a few other things whilst I’m at it.

Enjoy your day peeps…
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon

Not much happening here I’ve caught MrPots cold so I’ve mostly been on the sofa in between doing bits and bobs.

I used to own Tupperware lolly moulds they stood upright in a little frame, they were very well used for our kids.

Fingers crossed your rain actually happens this time Snoop.

enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Apple juice lollies…mmm….oh gosh snoop….you could press vanilla icecream etc into those moulds then dip them in chocolate!…wow…much cheaper!
        With your home-pressed apple juice, I bet they'd be lovely. Shop-bought apple juice is a bit thin. We like the thicker juices from the shops, say pineapple juice. Very refreshing in August. I have thought about putting ice-cream in our moulds, but they are shaped inside, so cleaning greasy stuff inside them might not be so easy (no dishwasher). Those ones like GF's that are plain and sit flat look to be ideal.

And yes, a new cam belt will undoubtedly outlive the rest of the car, but worth doing for peace of mind if nothing else.

Comment

• Hope you feel better soon, Bren.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your cold Bren. Make sure you pamper yourself!
            Sounds like there’s lots of colds going around?
            Better a cold though than Flu or Covid .
            Having said that, our pharmacy staff were all wearing masks again the other day…and screens had gone up in a different pharmacy.
            Time to be on high vigilance again I guess.
            We’re both fully recovered now from our Covid vaccine- OH was well and truely floored by his.
            Me?…well just the achy arm and ‘hangover’ headache. (Not that I’d know what that feels like)

We have a lovely sunny day here now- chill, but looking really pretty with the autumn leaves both on and off the trees.

Comment

• Good morning all.

For the first time in days I actually got a half decent night's sleep and feel a lot better for it.

I didn't let the grass grow under my feet yesterday, so last night we tried my first attempt at yoghurt lollies, that I'd made at lunchtime. They looked good, the silicon moulds peeled off easily but the taste wasn't quite right. They needed some extra honey or sugar. Nicos, I might have a go at magnum like creations at some point. I think I would paint the bottom of the moulds with melted chocolate, let it set, add ice cream and maybe a blob
              of strawberry jam, reset and then add a last layer of chocolate on top and reset... that's the plan anyway. The good thing about the moulds is that they stack flat in the freezer. Mr GF is muttering about gin and tonic lollies with thin slices of lemon frozen in for summer. My brain is considering lots of interesting experiments!

I went to bed with a liberal dollop of a supermarket brand of Vick applied last night which I think helped keep my nose clear. I think shares in a tissue factory would be a good idea the rate we are going through them.

I managed to do a grory hop yesterday. I'm working on the old adage of "Feed a cold"..... and try and kill it with alcohol!

Time for more coffee.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull and chilly here. Grory Hop delivery due. Hope you feel better soon Bren. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• So overall, the lolly moulds were a success by the sound of it. Good news.

When I make frozen yogurt, I usually add a tiny amount of sugar and a bit jam to add to the sweetness. Otherwise the acid of the yogurt is too pronounced. Still healthier than a shop lolly, though.

Not sure if gin and tonic lolllies would work that well, as alcohol doesn't freeze very hard. Nice idea though. The home-made Magnums sound like a go-er of an idea.

As an aside, jelly made with fizz like cheap cava works very well...

Comment

• Ooooh Snoop, I've got a couple of bottles of bubbly stuff that my neighbour gave me as a thank you when I let her sign onto my internet after the fallen tree fiasco. I might have to make some jelly with that. I do remember once making rum and raisin ice cream which was a VERY soft set due to a very heavy hand with the rum. I might have a very unscientific experiment with freezing different mixes of G & T in ice cube trays. I know that I once saw G & T ice lollies in Aldi but they were probably mostly tonic ..... maybe not a bad idea.🫠😵‍💫

I hope you get over your cold quickly, Bren. I think Mr GF must have caught ours when we went for the covid vaccine as he got it first and hasn't been anywhere else.

Comment

• You could maybe try an Aperol-style spritz lolly. Aperol is lower in alcohol than gin, as is the prosecco and soda water that make up the drink. Lovely colour too. Apparently the Aldi fake Aperol is very good...

Comment

• I’ve never heard of Aperol! Cricky- I’ve clearly never lived!
                        Looks like it’s been around for over 100 years too

Do they do mini magnum sized lolly moulds GF?

Comment

• hi all,glad your feeling better GF,and snoop get out me head,that was my first thought,i have never made ice cream,but magnums are the ultimate taste bud deal,sorry about the car,it is an expensive do,but cheaper than another one,that might need the same attention,mine was just over £500 ,the smiles are welcome at mine any time think i court site of a few the other day doing the rounds,got another loaf on the go ,might do a cake in bit,some house work to do,plus a bit of shopping,Nicos mini ones are only a tease,righty ho of to work i go LALALALALLLLLLALA
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mmmm…my house smells of baking apples stuffed with mincemeat!
                            I decided to make custard to serve with them. I fear about a third has already been ‘ sampled’ checking the consistency……oooops.
                            Dont ya just love Birds custard!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                              Nicos mini ones are only a tease

Ain't that the truth!

But more seriously, yes they do exist. But if you go for the mini ones, you might do better to dip them rather than do as GF suggests. By the time you've coated the inside with chocolate, there won't be much room left for ice cream. And I bet even a full size mould like GF's is smaller than a Magnum.

Comment

• Nicos, I'd say the ones I've got are quite small....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20241024_130649_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	2586991

Here is me taking a lolly out

Click image for larger version

Name:	20241024_105716.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	396.0 KB
ID:	2586992

I've got two orange/satsuma lollies in the freezer now to try later. I bought a bag of half price little satsumas/easy peelers the other day. I peeled three, took the middle slices out and chopped them and put them in the moulds, squeezed the rest of the juice in and put them in the freezer. Obviously these moulds are my new toy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X